Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
The Privy Purse - part III - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
The Privy Purse - part III - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
The Privy Purse - part III - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
The Privy Purse - part III - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
The Privy Purse - part III - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
The Privy Purse - part III - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

The Privy Purse - part III

+6
Leoric
mmiimmii
Chamberlain
jhony
Mortesecca
Pishkirlin
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Privy Purse - part III - Page 4 Empty Re: The Privy Purse - part III

Post  Maaike Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:53 pm

Leoric wrote:Well Yoha has been inactive since February 23 and has no hearties. And no one is hearties with him.....

From my information the last time he was online was february 24, but for the rest is interal error so I can't see his pirate page.

I take a boat to lincoln Island to check the shack of yoha and look if I can find a rat or a hearty.
Maaike
Maaike

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Chamberlain Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:08 pm

All is abandoned and the rat... well, you don't really want to know.

Chamberlain

Back to top Go down

Post  Leoric Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:15 am

Wonders if Yoha means something other than the pirate online. Since he hasn't been once since the beginning of the year and it seems as though no one else has been in the house since then. I think that since the notes were played backwards that maybe the key is ahoy. In chat shortcuts ahoy is the f1 key. So maybe if i play the F1 key on the harpsichord it will get us somewhere.
Leoric
Leoric

Crew: : Freeboters Gangway

Back to top Go down

The Privy Purse - part III - Page 4 Empty THE PRIVY PURSE III

Post  mmiimmii Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:09 pm

Mmiimmii also noticed that Yoha is ahoy backwards and tries playing the notes backwards on the Harpsichord....E4 ♪ C3 ♪ C2 ♪ C1 ♪ ...Mmiimmii also tries knocking on the door yelling out AHOY!! :pirat:
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:16 pm

Leoric wrote:Wonders if Yoha means something other than the pirate online. Since he hasn't been once since the beginning of the year and it seems as though no one else has been in the house since then. I think that since the notes were played backwards that maybe the key is ahoy.

The Privy Purse - part III - Page 4 Bb50 5
Mmm... my instinct tells me you might be pretty close to the solution, Leoric.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  mmiimmii Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:31 pm

Mmiimmii considers greatly what she has overheard...she does some studying of the pirates handbook of communication and reads all the shortcuts of chat...She goes to the Harpsichord and presses the F1 F2 F3 and F4 keys ...she awaits to see if anything happens....
:silent:
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  mmiimmii Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:19 pm

Mmiimmii realizes that the reason the musician said that the harpsichord had more keys and unwerking black keys is because it is a alphbetical keyboard . So when i go over the shortcuts i come across this..F1 F3 F6 F10....and plays it(ahoy,/me laughs,good game,yohoho)all based on 1234 spaces...like it was some kind of mission impossible tetrad (a 4 note chord)...Mmiimmii also wishes to add that she hasnt done this much learning and studying since college...lol
:bounce:
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  mmiimmii Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:26 pm

Mmiimmii thinks hard and walks up to the harpsichord and types in /duty....as it is her duty to search for Mortesecca's memory...she also hits the F1 key
and hopes fer the response ....ahoyhelp - Ahoy there! How can I help ye?... :confused:
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  Leoric Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:44 pm

Since only part of my reply was quoted it must just be the word ahoy that is the key. So i listen to the harpsichord and walk up to the door of riemann slums after the e note is sounded i exclaim ahoy and wait for a response.
Leoric
Leoric

Back to top Go down

Post  Chamberlain Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:06 pm

Both Mmiimmii and Leoric get no response.

Chamberlain

Back to top Go down

Post  mmiimmii Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:10 am

Mmiimmii lays down to take a nap hoping she might dream a clue... :sleep:
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  mmiimmii Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:25 pm

Mmiimmii returns to Riemann Slums and waits fer the Harpsichord to play its 4 notes then she plays the 5th note F1...and awaits a response... Neutral
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

The Privy Purse - part III - Page 4 Empty The musician has been fired

Post  Pishkirlin Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:55 am

The forum outage turned to be useful. I went to Descartes to check the mysterious harpsichord and I discovered that the self-styled musician was actually wrong... I think before the survey he visited the inn along with Mortesecca. Bloody artists!
So, this is actually how the keyboard looks like. As you can notice, he omitted one key... and the notes played are actually C1-C2-C3-F4. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The Privy Purse - part III - Page 4 Piano

If you don't see the widget below, go to your Profile in the top navigation bar, switch to the Preferences tab and set "always allow html" to YES.

Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  mmiimmii Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:07 pm

Mmiimmii reads up on note placement and notices that the keys played are actually C3 C4 C5 and F6...according to best piano lesson.com ...now I'm more confuzzled then ever,,,
:confused:
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  Chamberlain Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:30 pm

mmiimmii wrote:Mmiimmii reads up on note placement and notices that the keys played are actually C3 C4 C5 and F6...according to best piano lesson.com ...now I'm more confuzzled then ever,,,

No, let me explain. The piano thingy where notes are played it's an internet tool... I can't edit the length of its keyboard, cause it looks like a REAL piano. Our harpsichord is a bit different, since like the musician said, it doesn't have all the keys a piano has. Just imagine the song played by the widget as it would be played on the short keyboard. Beside that, ignore to which octave a note belongs to... calling it C1 rather than C3 is just a convention among us in order to recognize said note on the keyboard. I hope I made myself clear. skeptical

Last edited by Admin on Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Chamberlain

Back to top Go down

Post  Leoric Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:43 pm

Clear but unmoving in the path to the answer. Maybe a little bit backwards actually... Evil or Very Mad
Leoric
Leoric

Back to top Go down

Post  mmiimmii Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:15 pm

From YPPEDIA :All of the chat shortcuts can be sent over any of the chat channels and can be preceded by the /shout, /emote or /think command.

Mmiimmii thinks hard..so hard her head hurts... :pale:
she tries pressing the F1.F2 ,F3, F4...she also tries playing F1,F2.F3.C4..F12,F11,F10,F9...and that backwards as well...hey exclaims Mmiimmii and pulls out a bottle of rumski..mmmmm...Mmiimmii gets carried away and starts playing Camptown Ladies sing this song Do Dah Do Dah..falling over drinking and singing ♪ ♫ ♪ :drunken:
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  mmiimmii Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:35 pm

Mmiimmii is sloshed..and starts singing other piratey songs..YO HO HO AND A BOTTLE OF RUM...♪ ♫../cwho be here mnemosyne and share a nip with me ♪ ♫ Hic and please forgive my state...they be putting strange things in my rumski these days Hic... :drunken:
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  Chamberlain Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:20 am

Ok, I think it's time to show up again as a deus ex machina to clarify once for all one thing: forget about the F1-F12 keys on the PC keyboard. That's something OUT OF THE GAME, you play a character in a Y!PP world! How the hell could Mmiimii press the F-keys on a PC keyboard??!!!

Chamberlain

Back to top Go down

Post  Leoric Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:19 am

She wasn't hitting the keys on the pc she was hitting the keys on the harpsichord. At least some of them.
Leoric
Leoric

Back to top Go down

Post  mmiimmii Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:27 am

Mmiimmii is very sorry fer upseting her captain to point he said hell...Sad...but her head it had hurt and she thought drinking might relax her flustrated mind and well she thought a good old-fashion sing a ling would be fun...
Mmiimmii doesn't have a headache after polishing off 2 bottle of 80 proof rumski..amazing...
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackseagull Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:17 am

Blackseagull returns to Sage after a long voyage, and her crew mates tell her all about the disappearance of the sloop and what their investigations have discovered so far.

She goes to Descartes to examine the mysterious harpsichord and studies it carefully.

After thinking about it for a while, she thinks that the keyboard corresponds to the English alphabet and so each key corresponds to a letter (26 letters - 26 white keys, since the black ones don't work). Then she matches each letter/key with its corresponding note.

A B C D E F G - H I J K L M N - O P Q R S T U -V W X Y Z
C D E F G A B - C D E FG A B - C D E F G A B - C D E F G
-------1-------- -------2-------- -------3-------- -----4-----

The notes the harpsichord was playing were C1, C2, C3, F4 and that spells “AHOY” with the alphabet letters.

Blackseagull thinks the harpsichord seems to retrieve people’s memories. And so when you “type” a person’s name using the appropriate notes, that person’s memories are retrieved in the form of a vision like the ones Mmiimmii has experienced.

Blackseagull plays the notes that correspond to the name Mortesecca and waits to see what happens.

M - O - R - T - E - S - E - C - C - A
A2-C3-F3-A3-G1-G3-G1-E1-E1-C1
Blackseagull
Blackseagull

Back to top Go down

Post  mmiimmii Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:35 am

Mmiimmii wishes now that she had listened to her son as he had made such a observation and me ...mummy didnt listen.. :no:
way to go Blackseagull :cheers:
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackseagull Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:58 am

Blackseagull whispers to Mmiimmii that we have to wait and see, since we still don't know if that was correct lol Razz
Blackseagull
Blackseagull

Back to top Go down

Post  Leoric Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:41 pm

I knew alphabet was the answer but had neither the time nor the patience to create a map of the entire harpsichord and its keys anyway pish i was no where near the answer Sad.
Leoric
Leoric

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next