Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Rigging Festival - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Rigging Festival - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Rigging Festival - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Rigging Festival - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Rigging Festival - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Rigging Festival - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Rigging Festival

+7
Yamel
Athika
Piratus
Leonelle
Sparkywolf
Azeitona
Pishkirlin
11 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Rigging Festival - Page 2 Empty Re: Rigging Festival

Post  Sparkywolf Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:58 pm

Well, crap. I think I screwed up the rigging quiz by not referring to the knots in at least one problem by their original coordinates.
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Athika Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:42 pm

Im sure it is obvious...but Where is the quizz??? skeptical
Athika
Athika

Crew: : Knights of Saint-George

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:49 pm

Athika wrote:Im sure it is obvious...but Where is the quizz??? skeptical

Not really obvious.. Pish should link to it from his first Rigging Festival post (hint hint nudge nudge)..

Look on the first page of this thread at the 4th post from the bottom.
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:37 pm

Athika wrote:Im sure it is obvious...but Where is the quizz??? skeptical
It went lost in the first page of this thread Razz

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=WEB22A34X6PWT3
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonelle Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:43 am

Piratus wrote:We don't have many above Renowned in our crew.

What the? piratus???

HELLO???

or am i not defined as part of the crew now am i?

Oh, and pish? ye had the option of choosing 1-15-15+ in the rigging quiz right?

well im sorry to be the one to break it to you but it is riggingly impossible to pull 1 or 2 knots...

Leonelle

Crew: : GLimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:07 am

Leonelle wrote:
Piratus wrote:We don't have many above Renowned in our crew.

What the? piratus???

HELLO???

or am i not defined as part of the crew now am i?
Yes you are, but making a competition for renowned + and one for thoose lower would be pretty useless. Unless you like competing against yourself Wink
Piratus
Piratus

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:36 am

Leonelle wrote:well im sorry to be the one to break it to you but it is riggingly impossible to pull 1 or 2 knots...
Oh, now I see. Indeed you are right. I didn't realize that when I was preparing the quiz. Smile
How was it? Easy or challenging? I hope it was fun. However, I have only 4 entries so far and they are very different one from another. I bet someone has found even better solutions than the ones I figured. I'm very curious to see the final results!
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:13 am

I think I am very good at the kind of thinking you need for thoose kind of things, so it was easy for me. It took some time but I didn't feel it was hard. The only thing is, for osme reason I never managed to make a loop lol
It will be intresting to see how my score will be compared to the others.
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:58 am

now i finally understood why i was so lost in the begging of the topic... my computer for some motive isnt show the images!!! lol i was so lost... couldnt understan where u guys were seeing any c7e7 lol

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamel Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:51 am

Me wonders if a 13 knots chain is better than a 11knot+1loop chain
Yamel
Yamel

Crew: : knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:04 pm

Yamel wrote:Me wonders if a 13 knots chain is better than a 11knot+1loop chain
11+loop is better.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:45 am

Have we underestimated the difficulty of achieving a yellow indicator maybe? I took that for granted, but talking to a participant I have just realized that maybe someone can't just manage to get it. How many people can't get past a blue indicator? Don't be ashamed, we are here to help you. Smile
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:05 am

pish! i made de quizz right now... and in the 3rd or 4th picture i noticed that had two b4(or e4... cant remenber now)... instead of a d4 and d5... i didnt pay atencion to what i did before... so i may have mistake numbers... lol
if i did something that someone usually woundt do (for bad i mean.. lol), take a look to see if all numbers and letters are correct, to provide correct points xD

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:17 am

Pishkirlin wrote:Have we underestimated the difficulty of achieving a yellow indicator maybe? I took that for granted, but talking to a participant I have just realized that maybe someone can't just manage to get it. How many people can't get past a blue indicator? Don't be ashamed, we are here to help you. Smile

It is very rare for me to make it to yellow, which is why I'm doing the quiz only and not anything else.
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:18 am

looking now i have notice that even the board that u putted in this forum as example had two d4 and no d5... all the board were like that and i just noticed in the last one? lmao

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:23 am

about your old post pish, i didnt think it was too dificult, but its kind of easy doing a chain, the challenge is i finding the best one... or find some loops... since u love loops lol
about the question where u ask the number of knots.. i counted as if i were rigging... all normal pieces count as 1... and in the case of the hook the parts that he get count as 1 too... normal way i think.

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:31 am

Before closing the Quiz (the deadline of which has already passed), I would like to ask again a feed-back to the riggers about the Festival. The Quiz has been sat by enough participants (11), but I'm a bit concerned about the Hook and Loop contest, where we only have 2 entries so far.
Is people working on their chain or they already gave up? Should we accept blue indicators? Less than 4 stars? People who has been discouraged by this event didn't enter the Quiz because of that also? I would really like to know before closing the events and starting recording the standings of the participants.
Thanks.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:42 am

I'm not a good rigger, so to be honest I havn't bothered to entry the hook and loop contest, and I probably never will.
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Aldeberan Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:02 pm

Captain,

Two things are discouraging me from entering the Hook and Loop...

First, I am on a Macintosh computer. Taking a screen shot of a split second is not easy and I would probably booch it hardcore.

Second, I'm not good at rigging, so getting five stars AND gold or sparkly sails is going to be difficult for me straight up. They're good rules, I just haven't had enough time with Rigging (I just came out of pseudo-forced-retirement-thanks-to-last-years-rigorous-optempo) otherwise I'd be all over this.

What I might do is do a video recording of my rigging and then try and pull stills out of the video. The only problem is the sheer embarassment when someone hacks my computer and blackmails me for a million PoE or else they'll show everyone how awful I am at rigging.

Very Respectfully,

Aldeberan
Senior Officer and Tactician
Knights of Saint George

Aldeberan

Back to top Go down

Post  Benke Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:17 pm

Pishkirlin wrote:Before closing the Quiz (the deadline of which has already passed), I would like to ask again a feed-back to the riggers about the Festival. The Quiz has been sat by enough participants (11), but I'm a bit concerned about the Hook and Loop contest, where we only have 2 entries so far.

I am lamer in rigging, I made chain of 9 pieces and no loops. I will post screenshot if I don't make any better score. Yellow sail is not a problem for me.
Benke
Benke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:27 pm

I found the quiz was really quite fun, if difficult for me to count and remember the positions of all of the pieces.

However... I suck at rigging. It takes me quite some time to work my way up to 5 stars and while I can pull a goodly amount of pieces or loops, I rarely get yellow sails at the same time as big chains - and have only seen a sparkly sail a couple of times on this blasted puzzle.

I do not expect to submit any entry for the Hook and Loop contest, nor do I expect to participate any further in the Rigging Festival. There simply is no point considering my utter lack of skill at this puzzle.
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:43 pm

sparkywolf wrote:I found the quiz was really quite fun, if difficult for me to count and remember the positions of all of the pieces.

However... I suck at rigging. It takes me quite some time to work my way up to 5 stars and while I can pull a goodly amount of pieces or loops, I rarely get yellow sails at the same time as big chains - and have only seen a sparkly sail a couple of times on this blasted puzzle.

I do not expect to submit any entry for the Hook and Loop contest, nor do I expect to participate any further in the Rigging Festival. There simply is no point considering my utter lack of skill at this puzzle.
I think posting the solutions of the Quiz will help people visualizing new scenarios. Let's extend the Festival. Just give me a couple of days to correct the entries!
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:10 pm

Speaking of the Festival, when will the bake-off be held on Saturday?
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Benke Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:16 pm

Pishkirlin wrote:I think posting the solutions of the Quiz will help people visualizing new scenarios. Let's extend the Festival. Just give me a couple of days to correct the entries!

Let me know if you need any help
Benke
Benke

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonelle Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:29 pm

Can you make sure the rigging bake-off fits with our timezone?

because im in australia im usually 8/10 hours ahead of everyone, coupled with my lack of waking up abilities this means i am basicl online when everyne else isnt...

Leonelle

Crew: : GLimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next