Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Hic sunt dracones - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Hic sunt dracones - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Hic sunt dracones - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Hic sunt dracones - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Hic sunt dracones - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Hic sunt dracones - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Hic sunt dracones

+15
Grodanknorr
Blackseagull
Jimmybucs
fatuzza
Ortyka
Chamberlain
Tiram
Cruxialx
Safebet
mmiimmii
Olaus
Piratus
Azeitona
Tangoose
Pishkirlin
19 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Hic sunt dracones - Page 6 Empty Re: Hic sunt dracones

Post  Blackseagull Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:23 am

Mortesecca wrote:In a box all of bone
Place a treasure unknown...

That made me think of the Incantation thing, from past halloween... with the riddles about Vargas the Mad.

This hint looks like the piece of paper hidden inside the pearl... and it looks like it fits too...

The island where the statue could be found on Sage was Halley Island... which is 19 leagues from Kashgar...

Could it be? o.0 lol
Blackseagull
Blackseagull

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Zurga Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:05 pm

Blackseagull wrote:This hint looks like the piece of paper hidden inside the pearl... and it looks like it fits too...
Hic sunt dracones - Page 6 Bb50 10
It fits indeed, Milady. Both pieces come from the same log, the log of a sailor from Oyster Island, but I guess I'd better start telling this story from its very begin.

Once upon a time a fraternal organization founded in a remote land, the name of which cannot be told, gathered men from every island with the purpose of gaining knowledge and understanding of the intelligent design of the world as well as advancing in a spiritual path. As time went by the members of the brotherhood started dreaming of establishing a society that could reflect the virtues and values in which they believed. Their ships set sail seeking uncolonized shores where their aspirations of freedom would be what they had hoped for.

Two of those ships reached the Sage Ocean and I was among the members of the crew, along with a couple of citizens of Oyster Island. I don't know the names of my crewmates, I only remember that there was a poet, two members of the Varangian Guard, two cartographers, a carpenter, a converted mongol, a necromancer, a man who used to run a distillery, several knights, the Old Man from Oyster Island and us, pearl fishers. Our names have been noted down this page (and several others) by the Captain.

Hic sunt dracones - Page 6 List

Once in the Tern Archipelago, the two cartographers had a meeting on one of the ship in order to rechart the route. The carpenter, who sneakily stole a book of magic from the necromancer, insisted to keep on sailing and started a mutiny, taking control of his ship. He sent all those who refused to obey to his orders to the other ship and then treacherously sank her with all them onboard, setting sail for the Cursed Isles. Some of the survivors reached the closest outpost, some other shored on Lincoln Island.

You can rassure Tiram about her father's destiny: he is in fact is still alive.

Zurga

Crew: : Independent

Back to top Go down

Post  Benke Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:08 pm

I found some familiar names in this list:

Hic sunt dracones - Page 6 Zurga-list

Some of them I can connect with ship mates like:

poet is Rastaban
one of cartographers is Olaus
Mongol is Gengis Khan
necromancer is Mortesecca
one of perl fishers is Zurga

Don't know were Swedempa and Swesvempa Knights? Vargas took the book? He was carpenter then?

Hope this will help

Last edited by Benke on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Benke
Benke

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortesecca Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:30 pm

Benke wrote:poet is Rastaban
one of cartographers is Olaus
Mongol is Gengis Khan
necromancer is Mortesecca
one of perl fishers is Zurga
Aye, and I see you spotted Waterbug's name too. He was the second cartographer.
Don't know were Swedempa and Swesvempa Knights?
Technically they weren't knights, but rather members of the Varangian Guard.
Vargas took the book? He was carpenter then?
Just look at his stats, if you are not convinced yet.

Congratulations, you have done a great job.
Hic sunt dracones - Page 6 Bb50 20
There are still a couple of names you haven't discovered, but they are are less-known members of the Knights of Saint George. Tiram's father is one of them, though.
Mortesecca
Mortesecca

Crew: : Blades of Ascalon

Back to top Go down

Hic sunt dracones - Page 6 Empty Hic sunt dracones

Post  mmiimmii Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:45 pm

OY There!!!!!...I see Sprockett's name there...second row up from bottom third letter in from right....i figure he was a fisher...but one never knows.....Razz
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackseagull Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:19 am

Eltanin is there too! Between waterbug and mortesecca...
Blackseagull
Blackseagull

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiram Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:36 am

mmiimmii wrote:OY There!!!!!...I see Sprockett's name there...second row up from bottom third letter in from right....i figure he was a fisher...but one never knows.....Razz
Hic sunt dracones - Page 6 Bb50 5
Did you say "Sprockett"? That's actually the name of my foster father... I'm confused.
Tiram
Tiram

Crew: : Independent

Back to top Go down

Post  Benke Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:55 am

Tiram wrote:Did you say "Sprockett"? That's actually the name of my foster father... I'm confused.

LOL, October 27, the day we received the message from our "friend" is exactly 2 years since Sprockett mysteriously disappeared...
Benke
Benke

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortesecca Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:20 am

Tiram wrote:Did you say "Sprockett"? That's actually the name of my foster father... I'm confused.
Well, I guess the time for the truth has come.
Sprockett was not a poor pearl fisher, just like most of the members of the expedition were not really what they pretended they were. We all belonged to the brotherhood mentioned by Zurga. We chose to live our lives humbly just because we were not looking for any material reward from this world. Unfortunately the nations were at war and our peaceful community was threatened by the foolishness of Babylon. Our leader decided the time had come to seek a safer place and colonize new unexplored lands. The mission was a perilous one though, so we had to leave our wifes and children home. Sprockett, one of the knights of the Bailiwick of Midnight, joined the expedition too.
When the first ship sunk, he managed to reach Lincoln, becoming citizen of the island. He lost his memory because of the shipwreck but fortunately after a few years, we found him. When I met him and told him about our story, he insisted on helping the new Grand-Master in his endeavours and so he did. However, one day he decided to come back to Midnight and see again his family.
When he found Tiram, he didn't tell her the truth both because he didn't want to harm her and because he wanted her love as a parent who would have taken care of her and not only for being her natural father.
This was the story of Sir Sprockett, the pearl fisher.
Mortesecca
Mortesecca

Back to top Go down

Post  mmiimmii Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:39 am

So let's see if i have this right....
Sprockett is Tirams natural Daddy...though he had her believing he was her foster father...
Sprockett disappeared 2 years ago...would like to know the last time Tiram saw Sprockett and if anything said we should know...
Would like to know who the new Grand-Master of the Brotherhood is too....
Who or what is the foolishness of Babylon...must read up on that....
OH ....it appears i have more questions then answers....DOH...... >.<
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortesecca Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:52 am

mmiimmii wrote:Sprockett is Tirams natural Daddy...though he had her believing he was her foster father...
Precisely.
Sprockett disappeared 2 years ago...would like to know the last time Tiram saw Sprockett and if anything said we should know...
Two years ago Sprockett left Sage to come back to Midnight. Last time he saw Tiram? I guess this morning, before going to fish his lings.
Would like to know who the new Grand-Master of the Brotherhood is too....
You should know that by now...
Who or what is the foolishness of Babylon...must read up on that....
Babylon

Benke wrote:October 27, the day we received the message from our "friend" is exactly 2 years since Sprockett mysteriously disappeared...
Coincidence, design... or just magic? Wink
Mortesecca
Mortesecca

Back to top Go down

Post  mmiimmii Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:24 pm

Well I think it my be a time to visit Midnight and see if I can track down Sprockett and see if there be anything he can enlighten me on...ie: Babylon...and what ever else
I guess our mission for Tiram be complete as she wanted us to find her daddy and we have now.... Very Happy
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:23 pm

mmiimmii wrote:Well I think it my be a time to visit Midnight and see if I can track down Sprockett and see if there be anything he can enlighten me on...
No. I think they deserve some privacy and time for themselves now.
Even if there are still a few unanswered questions*, the mission is over.
Great job, Knights!

* Babylon is NOT one of them. It's a metaphor Mortesecca used to describe the evil nations.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum