Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Events Workshop EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Events Workshop EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Events Workshop EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Events Workshop EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Events Workshop EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Events Workshop EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Events Workshop

+6
Pishkirlin
mmiimmii
Azeitona
Grodanknorr
Daudy
Leoric
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Events Workshop Empty Hearty Party

Post  Guest Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:49 am

With the growth of the flag, not to mention the growth in each of the respective crews, there are many new ppl. So what about having hearty parties on a regular basis - maybe once a month :?:

Back to top Go down

Events Workshop Empty Re: Hearty Party

Post  Leoric Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:48 pm

Sounds good to me, that would help people in other crews get to know the pirates that don't recieve officer chats. And it would bring us closer together as a flag.
Leoric
Leoric

Crew: : Freeboters Gangway

Back to top Go down

Events Workshop Empty Intro plus a Bnav event idea.

Post  Daudy Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:36 am

Well, well. First of all, a hello to you all. I know I should have made a introductory thread, but this will have to do. I'm Daudy from the flag Good Grief and Pish and I have been discussing a few things as of late.

I notice one area in particular you guys wish to improve in is PVP and more specifically blockade navigation. I was thinking of holding an event on GamesGardens (http://www.gamegardens.com/gardens/view_game.wm?gameid=43).

It's effectively a simulation of battle navigation. Merely click on the Play button to launch, and log in with your pirate account and password. DO NOT WORRY, this is perfectly safe as it's a Three Rings endorsed website (in fact, they used to have a link to it among other games on the parlour tables in game). You may want to create a new account with your character name as it is your account name that displays (and which may lead to confusion as to who is who). Once logged in, you can select options as to how many players ('seats') you want to be involved, how big the board, what sized teams (so yes, you can do 3 teams of 2 or 2 teams of 3 or other variations with more or less seats). Then click create to make a 'table'. Once all spots are filled by other people, the game begins. Effectively, it's exactly like pvp only 2D and you put moves in by clicking (ie once with the left mouse button for left, etc) just like you can in normal Y!PP navigation. You can play with whoever is online there at the time, although usually there aren't many if at all, so you need to ask a few mates to come along.

There are no options to create flags however, so it can't really be used for blockade practice (but it can be useful for learning how to nav co-operatively with a team against another team). Either that, or you can start a game but wait the first few turns while a neutral observer nominates which squares could be imaginary flags. Also, there is no selectable ship size. The ship everyone uses is very similar to the first edition of the cutter. ie four moves, but a maximum of 6 cannons able to be loaded. If you wanted to simulate navigation with bigger ships, perhaps limit the amount of movement tokens one can use (honesty of course!) to three instead of four.

So, check that website out. But for me to hold an event (there will be some modest prizes - being the poor pirate I am, but they will most likely be dubloons), I will need to see whether there's enough interest first of all. Then I will need to flesh out the details (all out 8 person brawl? or a 3vs3 team battle?) and see whether or not I can find a time suitable to the majority of people wanting to join and my timetable. I personally think this tool (if you have not discovered it already) is very useful, but of course not quite as useful as the real thing.
Daudy
Daudy

Crew: : Good Grief

Back to top Go down

Events Workshop Empty Re: Events Workshop

Post  Grodanknorr Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:11 am

Grrr.... Its nobody there like joins the tables Sad

Grodanknorr

Crew: : Glimmer of light

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:17 am

i was cheking the site... very usefull for us... i am leg in bnav... but dont have any experience in bnav in kades....
thx for the help daudy

really are just a few people there... we will have to practiece with our own crew; with is better because i would be practicing how to cooperate with our mates...

see ye

Azeitona

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Events Workshop Empty EVENTS WOOKSHOP

Post  mmiimmii Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:22 pm

errrr.....i need all the help i can get...so let me know when thr fun begins and i will try to be there.... Smile
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:39 pm

zpore, me and leo already try one time...
it can be very usefull when we go with a lot of peoples (boats xD)

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Grodanknorr Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:45 am

Ive alredy been fighted Leo And you Aze once Smile Very Happy But i came on 2# place first battle and 3# place the last battle Sad

Hopes i wasnt to easy for you bnav pro's Wink

Grodanknorr

Crew: : Glimmer of light

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:19 am

Ok, now that the Carpentry Festival is over I can focus a bit more on this blockade events we intend to organize. We have an agreement with the flag Prestige to work together for fundraising, so that we could put a decent pay offer for jobbers.
We should run a couple of war brig pillages and the leftovers should go to this special coffer. Of course, the Privy Purse can partially sponsor the event.
Jumpinjobean is the contact person in the flag Prestige. Unfortunately they are from Asia, Australia and US, so they pillage in not a suitable time for me. We agreed on splitting in two pillaging teams and on starting from the next week-end to run these pillages.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leoric Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:26 pm

Well thats perfect for me im always looking to run pillies in times like that to no avail. Plus im already hearties with jumpinjobean so im all set for this Very Happy
Leoric
Leoric

Back to top Go down

Events Workshop Empty A mission?

Post  Pishkirlin Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:23 pm

Ahoy! I'd like to check the interest people could have in a mission similar to the Privy Purse.
It might be matter of opening a furniture stall this time.
I remember James being interested in such a business, so maybe we could work together. Why a furniture stall? Well, first because often when we run an event we end up giving away piece of furniture as prizes, so next time we could save on them. Beside that, I was thinking of buying and decorating a sort of Ascalon/Knight's house or at least the Globe Room (see picture below).

Events Workshop Globe-room

So I would like to know who would be interested in such a mission and who got the bid tickets in the raffle, since are going to organize a trip to Ashkelon-Kashgar on the sloop of the Second Order of the Jolly Roger to get the goods in the ticket (so you can sell them and get cash).
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  fatuzza Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:58 am

i have a bid ticket so i'm interested for trip ti get the goods . let me know when we will go
fatuzza
fatuzza
fatuzza

Crew: : Dream Warriors

Back to top Go down

Post  Leoric Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:44 am

Sounds fun to me i enjoyed the privy purse mission so i say yes Very Happy.
Leoric
Leoric

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesStGeorge Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:26 am

I like the idea of a crew furnishers. Smile

Happy to help crewing free for trade runs and a supply of orders. I did a little research and there are a couple of islands with lower tax rates, Bowditch, Barbary, which makes sense if its primary aim is crew supply at lowest feasible cost rather then business.
When I looked wood was cheapest at Greenwich at 13, Kasidin 15, which I expect is the primary requirement.

Anyone have or know an apothecaries? Where we could source at cost things like paint, varnish, etc.?

No idea what the 'event' was, must have missed it.
JamesStGeorge
JamesStGeorge

Crew: : Knights of St George

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:25 pm

Well, I have checked the opening cost for a furnisher. Holy cow, I'm not going to throw away all that money! We must find another solution.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:03 am

I am most certainly going to run a contest for creating a standard jobbing statement for the Knights of Saint George. Are the leaders of Glimmer of Light interested in creating one for their crew as well? If so, we could run a joint event.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:40 pm

Pishkirlin wrote:I am most certainly going to run a contest for creating a standard jobbing statement for the Knights of Saint George. Are the leaders of Glimmer of Light interested in creating one for their crew as well? If so, we could run a joint event.

what do u mean for a standard jobbing statement?

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:59 pm

Isn't this a wee bit redundant? You've already posted a set of rules regarding how you want us pirates to word these statements, now you want to require we use a stock formula or, heavens help me, a stock phrase?

Say it ain't so.
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:44 pm

It could be usefull. People who didn't notice the crew name might remember the statement. They will recognize us and eventually learn the crew name as well.

But there are bad sides. A standard jobbing statement is just to inflexible, what if I need a gunner but I can't say so in the message?
Piratus
Piratus

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:40 pm

sparkywolf wrote:Isn't this a wee bit redundant? You've already posted a set of rules regarding how you want us pirates to word these statements, now you want to require we use a stock formula or, heavens help me, a stock phrase?
Piratus wrote:But there are bad sides. A standard jobbing statement is just to inflexible, what if I need a gunner but I can't say so in the message?

Standard =/= compulsory.
I thought it could be nice, where you don't know what to write as a statement or when you have a little space left, to have a standard formula, as "looking for a gunner" is not that original, you know?
Bah, nevermind... I'll find one for myself.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:02 am

Pishkirlin wrote:
sparkywolf wrote:Isn't this a wee bit redundant? You've already posted a set of rules regarding how you want us pirates to word these statements, now you want to require we use a stock formula or, heavens help me, a stock phrase?
Piratus wrote:But there are bad sides. A standard jobbing statement is just to inflexible, what if I need a gunner but I can't say so in the message?

Standard =/= compulsory.
I thought it could be nice, where you don't know what to write as a statement or when you have a little space left, to have a standard formula, as "looking for a gunner" is not that original, you know?
Bah, nevermind... I'll find one for myself.
Ok, maybe I was to quick to reply. A standard jobbing statemt would be nice, it wouldn't hurt at all and it would give our crews a little bit of character. I'm for it!
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:35 am

Piratus wrote:Ok, maybe I was to quick to reply. A standard jobbing statemt would be nice, it wouldn't hurt at all and it would give our crews a little bit of character. I'm for it!
I'm too moody to run an event after you trashed my idea and enthusiasm. I think I'll stick to the duty festivals now I have time to organize them. They should start in the second week of January.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:04 am

Here is an idea for our first cross-ocean forum event (if we are up to run one).

It is matter of island designing with a twist of logic and reading skills. We are going to ask to re-design the lost city of Lydda, capital of the ancient kingdom of Ascalon, starting from a description or a story.
I was walking on the docks heading to the market, when I noticed a large crowd gathered around the notice board in front of the palace...
From such a passage you can infer for instance that there is a palace and a notice board close to the docks, on the way to the market.

I am particularly interested in the outcome of this event, because I want to build an environment we could explore during our missions. Something similar to the dungeon of the fallen knight.
Thoughts?
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:36 am

Pishkirlin wrote: We are going to ask to re-design the lost city of Lydda, capital of the ancient kingdom of Ascalon, starting from a description or a story.
From what I know. Ascalon was a castle in the holy lands ruled by the Kingdom of Jerusalem, but maybe my knowledge of history is too influenced by videogames Razz
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:14 am

Piratus wrote:From what I know. Ascalon was a castle in the holy lands ruled by the Kingdom of Jerusalem, but maybe my knowledge of history is too influenced by videogames Razz
You are right. Ascalon (today known as Ashkelon) is coastal city of Israel, that used to belong to the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
Our Ascalon is a bit different, because it's an imaginary country derived from those real places... the mission I was working on was meant to explain how.
Anyway, our holy city is Lydda (Lod), where the tomb of Saint George (and the church-mosque we explored) is. Probably I should refer to her as "holy city" rather than capital.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next