Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Missions workshop EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Missions workshop EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Missions workshop EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Missions workshop EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Missions workshop EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Missions workshop EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Missions workshop

+4
Leoric
Oremus
Pishkirlin
Chamberlain
8 posters

Go down

Missions workshop Empty Missions workshop

Post  Chamberlain Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:38 am

Thread for the discussion and planning of future missions.

Chamberlain

Back to top Go down

Missions workshop Empty Hoist the colours

Post  Pishkirlin Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:30 am

It's been a while since I'm thinking of running a mission with the purpose of deciding, once for all, the crew/flag colour scheme.

Nonetheless I'm not sure if it's really worthwhile for two reasons.

1. Somehow there is already an unofficial colour scheme that reflects our identity, having Saint George as a model. That scheme is obviously white/red (or maroon). In facts, like everyone knows, in vexillology there is a flag known as Saint George's cross, depicted as a red cross on a white background. It represents martydom (red) of the Saint for the Christian faith (cross).
The coat of arms I have designed for Ascalon contains such symbol (so does the forum icon).
I feel that choosing another colour scheme would be pointless and actually quite silly.

Despite that, we could choose another colour scheme for military uniforms. It would actually be cool to wear the same colours during special events: knighting ceremonies, commendation ceremonies, anniversary, etc.
But the reason why I couldn't come up with anything yet is that...

2. ...a mission with such purpose would probably involve moving commodities in-game. Are we sure we want such a thing? It might be similar to the first part of the Privy Purse... I'm not really sure how many people would participate. Let's run a quick survey.

A) What colour would you choose as a primary colour for uniforms?
1. a shade of blue
2. a shade of red
3. a shade of green
4. white or grey
5. yellow or gold
6. black
I think uniform colours should still be linked to heraldic tinctures.

B) Would you spend some time moving commodities across the Ocean?

C) Would you be interested in running an apothecary or weavery stall, if the flag opened one?

D) Do you have any better idea for choosing a colour scheme for uniforms that could involve a competition among teams measuring one against another for letting their chosen scheme prevail?
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Missions workshop Empty Re: Missions workshop

Post  Oremus Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:59 am

I do like the idea of a flag/crew colour scheme. I think it's a very good concept. Plus, the idea of "uniform" goes particularly well with the military overtones this crew has.

In terms of costs of uniform and whatever, I think it should be largely down to the individual, for several reasons:

1. If we got a flag/crew weavery/tailor then the demand would be quite low as people are probably only going to get 1 or two uniforms. We'd have to open it up to the ocean for it to be profitable - and that's a lot of work.

2. If people have a ton of money, they should be able to get a real fancy outfit and not be limited by the flag purse or whatever.
The cheapest outfits don't cost that much money, so some even cabin people/pirates could probably get them within a few days.

If that fails, I'm sure we can spot together a few k to fund some poor pirate an outfit.

As for colour choice - I'm not colour blind, but I might as well be. =)
So, I'll leave that up to you. If we make St. George's colours our own - that's fine. Also, if we select a new colour scheme based on the tinctures that's fine, also.

Perhaps an interesting addition would be to have something distinguishing the officers and normal pirates. Like only officers can wear a hat or something.
This could also be taken further and only let S.Os have a special type of hat or a special stripe or something.

Upon promotion having the pride of being able to wear the additional "thing" would be awesome.

AS for designing missions...I think that is much more your department. As I get more experience of the missions, I'd like to contribute more. But in terms of designing missions - I'll take a backseat for the moment.

Your servant always,

Oremus.

Oremus

Crew: : Knights of St. George

Back to top Go down

Post  Leoric Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:09 am

Of course i'd be interested in running a weavery or tailoring stall. Also yes i would love to move supplies and do the same thing that we did for the privy purse i think it would be very fun. As for uniforms i have no suggestions past what we already have for unofficial color schemes. Red or Maroon and White and Blue or Navy and White i believe that both of these represent a knight in terms of their tinctures. Also maybe we could thrown in yellow as an alternate like Marron and yellow which looks awesome, or even a purple and white or purple and yellow.
Leoric
Leoric

Crew: : Freeboters Gangway

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:35 am

I heartily endorse Oremus' proposition of having different designs for our uniforms depending on the ranks.
During the reboot I've spent a few minutes designing a gallery on Quid Pro Clothes. It's just an idea. It can be modified*.
Cabin persons and pirates can have the same uniform.

* except for the Captain, who will - of course - wear a bandolier's jacket. Yarrr!

Last edited by Pishkirlin on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Oremus Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:13 am

So, it is your intention to have a uniform TYPE of clothes as well as a uniform colour scheme?

The problem is different people like different things and finding something that is going to suit (excuse pun) everyone may be difficult.

Oremus

Oremus

Crew: : Knights of St. George

Back to top Go down

Missions workshop Empty We've been up this road before

Post  Safebet Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:09 am

I think Oremus has mildly understated the case. It will not only be very difficult, but probably well-nigh impossible to find something that everyone is going to want to wear. You might be able to convince them to buy something in the "crew colours" but I don't think you will get people to dress in clothing they don't care for and in a colour they like even less especially if they are expected to pay for the privilege as well.

Safebet

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamel Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:56 am

I agree, we're not gonna get everyone to wear the same things.
If we still want a distinction, we could give officer+ the right to wear the expensive alternatives (maroon, navy,...) of the normal colours
Yamel
Yamel

Crew: : knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Missions workshop Empty Missions workshop

Post  mmiimmii Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:54 pm

oh Pish that Gallery is so so kewl....i luv it...<3
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:23 pm

Yamel wrote:I agree, we're not gonna get everyone to wear the same things.
If we still want a distinction, we could give officer+ the right to wear the expensive alternatives (maroon, navy,...) of the normal colours
*cough* *cough*
Do you realize you have bumped a one year old post? Uniforms are no longer a topical issue, we have chosen maroon/white as a colour scheme. As for the apparel, there is no restriction.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaidwanted Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:28 am

>XD
ROFLMBO
didnt see that one coming!!! (however i didnt post, only reading)

Zaidwanted

Crew: : Glimmer of light

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum