Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Crew portrait EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Crew portrait EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Crew portrait EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Crew portrait EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Crew portrait EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Crew portrait EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Crew portrait

5 posters

Go down

Crew portrait Empty Crew portrait

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:09 am

Yesterday Korte, Crimsonator and I discussed about the opportunity to get a new crew portait. This thread serves to make a decision concerning clothing and items.
We almost agreed that maroon/white should be the color scheme of the clothing (these used to be the crew color anyway). The outfit has be to decided yet. If you want to save money, I have a collection of 6 bandolier's jackets I could lend (I know you think they suck, but in portait they are not that bad); if you don't like the BJ (acronym of Bandolier's Jacket), I'm afraid you'll have to purchase another one (the cost of which adds up to the portait fee).
As for the item, the first options we examined were: the golden dragon scale or the BK dolls (both of them should be purchased). Honestly, if we agree on the clothing I believe we could even display different items. Black box and gold box trinkets look pretty cool IMO.
Your thoughts?

P.S. You might wonder who will appear in the portait. We agreed that the priority goes to the highest ranks who are actively playing: Korte, Crimsonator, Captinthe followed by Azeitona/Azeiton and Defrass. I have been asked to be included and I would gladly accept only if I can steal the place of one of the latter two.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Crew portrait Empty Re: Crew portrait

Post  Crimsonator Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:29 am

I've looked into the pricing of BK dolls last night, and they should sell around 15-30k, depending on the doll. One can even expect to pay 50k for one. We COULD borrow them from someone, I imagine?
However I do worry that BK dolls might result in a massive color clash in the portrait.

Korte suggested the use of the pirate code trinket:
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Pirate_code
Crimsonator
Crimsonator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:27 am

Good news, mateys! I have checked the ongoing portait background competition and apparently this month the background theme is free. That means I might enter it again. Should I win, I will have the chance to get one free copy, so we won't even pay for the portait.
Once again I would like to create a background tailored for the knights. Any suggestion?

The pirate code is nice, but I don't like the idea of having 5 pirates holding the book: it's a bit dry. As for the dolls, I would be willing to purchase Azarbad, Vargas, Finius and the QW so you can afford one more, the whole operation might be quite inexpensive for you. The only issue is finding all those dolls.

UPDATE: the background could feature a golden-scaled dragon, so holding the gold scale would make sense.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:31 am

Go for it pish! I dont really have the time to play right now, so i shouldnt be in the portrait lol
but i liked the idea xD

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimsonator Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:58 pm

Well, I see no fault in using One Fickle Day In April, but it would be interesting to hear of any suggestion you may have. Obtaining the BK dolls shouldn't be a problem, I think. Maybe we can ask flaggies if they can spare any for a minute or two. What I had in mind with the pirate code was having the person in the middle hold it.
Crimsonator
Crimsonator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captinthe Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:08 pm

A suggestion:when i hear the word knights, all i can think about are pirates with a sword in their hands as it is an indicator of a powerful,strong knight. And in my opinion a Saber/Falchion would look really nice in a portrait.
Captinthe
Captinthe

Crew: : Glimmer of light

Back to top Go down

Post  Korte2 Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:53 am

Late as always...
I'd say that if the maroon jackets are agreed upon, we should discuss the rest of the outfit. I suggest maroon/white pantaloons and brown/white fancy boots (brown is better than red for a shoe, unless you're the pope) with no hats. This combination shouldn't be too expensive.
As for portrait item, I think the dragon scale looks like a golden easter egg, so I'm not convinced you should make a background matching it. If you think books are bpring, I vote for BK dolls, because they match each other but are unique at the same time.

Last edited by Korte2 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Korte2

Crew: : KoSG

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:16 am

Sorry guys, I have been busy last week.
Back to the subject...

Korte2 wrote:I suggest maroon/white pantaloons and brown/white fancy boots (brown is better than red for a shoe, unless you're the pope) with no hats. This combination shouldn't be too expensive.
Are you sure you want pantaloons and not pants? They look better with the jackets and their main color should be white with optional maroon stripes. As for the boots, if you want the fancy ones (the plain boots to me would be fine) you'd rather choose brown/maroon than brown/white (this combo really sucks: it's like wearing white socks). BLACK BOOTS would be a winner.

As for portrait item, I think the dragon scale looks like a golden easter egg, so I'm not convinced you should make a background matching it. If you think books are bpring, I vote for BK dolls, because they match each other but are unique at the same time.

Unfortunately I have to agree: the dragon scale sucks in portraits. Can you guys find the dolls?

Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimsonator Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:06 pm

Can you guys help me compile a list for BK dolls needed? Unless you needed them all for a collection, Pish.

Edit : I've spoken to Empresstamar about the BK dolls you've mentioned and it appears she had sold then a while ago.

Edit: #No2Pantaloons. #No2FancyBoots!
Crimsonator
Crimsonator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:45 am

Crimsonator wrote:Can you guys help me compile a list for BK dolls needed? Unless you needed them all for a collection, Pish.
If they are reasonably priced, I am willing to purchase any except the Chinese lady and Gretchen.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimsonator Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:56 am

They should sell between 15-30k. Just say the word and we'll have Korte lurk about Sho Girls!
Crimsonator
Crimsonator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:53 am

Crimsonator wrote:They should sell between 15-30k. Just say the word and we'll have Korte lurk about  Sho Girls!
For this price range I am definitely interested in purchasing them.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimsonator Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:44 am

I've bought the Finny, Brynhild, Vargas, Azarbad and The Widow Queen dolls. I was unable to find a Barnabas doll, but we'll keep looking if you want.
Crimsonator
Crimsonator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:59 am

Great job! Five dolls is what we needed, no need to look for more.
So how much do I owe you? Will I find you online tomorrow in the early afternoon around 2PM CET?
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimsonator Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:14 am

I'll most likely be there, but if I'm not, Korte has the dolls. I bought them all for the bargain price of 155k, the lady insisted she sells the Finius doll for 35k instead of 30k. xD
Crimsonator
Crimsonator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:07 am

Crimsonator wrote:I'll most likely be there, but if I'm not, Korte has the dolls. I bought them all for the bargain price of 155k, the lady insisted she sells the Finius doll for 35k instead of 30k. xD

Sorry, I couldn't be online today. I'll try to catch you and pay you asap.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimsonator Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:47 am

No problem, do take your time ^^.
Crimsonator
Crimsonator

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimsonator Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:33 am

Are we still in for a portrait on Thursday? If so at what time? Who is going to be in it? What are we using for pants, shoesand hats (if any)? How will the portrait be funded?
Crimsonator
Crimsonator

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:40 am

Crimsonator wrote:Are we still in for a portrait on Thursday? If so at what time? Who is going to be in it? What are we using for pants, shoesand hats (if any)? How will the portrait be funded?
I am in on the condition that the portrait is taken before 3:30 PM (CET).
I can't answer the rest of the questions. I am just a guest and all I could do was offering the uniforms (and the BK dolls you kindly retrieved for me). It's time for you guys to make decisions.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Korte2 Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am

I will try to be there at 3:30, but i might be a bit late. I have class in the morning and the first train that leaves in the afternoon is one at 13:24 (which is supposed to take me home by that time, but trains here aren't exactly on time).

Korte2

Crew: : KoSG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down