Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Ship Races EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Ship Races EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Ship Races EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Ship Races EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Ship Races EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Ship Races EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Ship Races

3 posters

Go down

Ship Races Empty Ship Races

Post  Leoric Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:21 pm

On June 28th at 0200 Game Time and June 29th at 1200 Game Time there is a ship racing event. I think it is a great chance to win some fabulous prizes and bring some glory to our Flag. I think if we get enough people running the race we can have a good shot at protecting the ships and placing in the race.
Here is the link to the rules to the race and any other info you want to know http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=101812.

These are the prizes:
1st: White/Magenta parrot and 2 gold ship medals (Sat.), Magenta/White Parrot and 2 gold ship medals (Sun.)
2nd: Tan/Magenta parrot and 2 silver ship medals(Sat.), Magenta/Tan Parrot and 2 silver ship medals (Sun.)
3rd: Pig (Sat.) and 2 bronze ship medals, Piglet and 2 bronze ship medals (Sun.)
4th-6th: TBA depending on participation.

Here is the route:
Gauntlet --> Spaniel --> Greenwich --> Blackthorpe --> Ventress --> Kasidim (Forbidden Fruits)
Get the word out on the ocean if you read this and see who is interested in participating.
Leoric
Leoric

Crew: : Freeboters Gangway

Back to top Go down

Ship Races Empty Re: Ship Races

Post  Maaike Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:28 am

Sounds like fun. :-) Gonna try to be there
Maaike
Maaike

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Ship Races Empty Races

Post  Guest Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:34 am

It does indeed sound like fun. I can't be there the 29th but the 28th might be possible. Now if I can only figure out what time that is in my zone :scratch:
Oh! Wait! There's a very handy site for figuring that out so I don't have. :cheers:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Hope to be there!

Back to top Go down

Post  Maaike Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:38 pm

Uhm and what time zone is game time???
Maaike
Maaike

Back to top Go down

Ship Races Empty Time zone

Post  Guest Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:40 am

Game time is PDT

Back to top Go down

Ship Races Empty Plan of Action

Post  Leoric Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:37 pm

Ok Safebet I have a plan of action for the races. I use your name Safe because you seem to be the only person to talk with my on PP about my event posts. What we need to do is get to the word out to all the pirates in the flag aware of this event so we can see what we have to work with. So once you read this please post it in flag news thanks. Now since it is a race we don't need to worry about battles and filling the ships to full. Some of the competition will probably being alone on there ship so if we have 3 or 4 decent pirates on the ship it should give us an advantage over them. Since engaging opposing ships is also allowed we need to put as many ships in the water as we can. Spread the word to all the officers in the Knights and I will do the same in my crew all we need are officers willing to drive and a couple members of the crew or flag to join them. Let them know the times are 0200 on Saturday and 1200 on Sunday that is gametime. If it is possible get them to send me a message on here so it is easier to see who i have to work with. Later in the week we will go over the specific rules to participants as well as getting every able sloop to gauntlet. Thanks for your help and I hope to see a good turnout Smile.
Leoric
Leoric

Back to top Go down

Post  Maaike Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:49 am

I till like to participate. If you need help to orginise it, I aslo will help, but I don't have the time to do it myself. If you say me what to do I will try to.
Maaike
Maaike

Back to top Go down

Post  Leoric Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:48 pm

Okay Maaike sounds good. I will try and get on more over the week so i can talk to you about this in more detail and also answer any questions you might have. On Saturday i will not be able to make the race because it happens to be at 5 am my time. Since i believe it is a more convenient time for you. I may need you to lead the organization on that day, although since your the first to reply i hopefully will find others to help you out.
Leoric
Leoric

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:41 pm

Ok, I've finally read the rules of the contest. It might be fun, even if I'm afraid that PvPs will be the critical factor of the races: I remember in the past they had a strong impact on the final results. This is the reason why I'm a bit skeptical about entering such an event: I don't like PvPs... unless we will create a special crew for that purpose outside the flag. Arrr!
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Ship Races Empty Charting

Post  Leoric Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:07 pm

So far we have at least one chart from gauntlet to spaniel we need spaniel to greenwich, greenwich to ventress, and ventress to kasidim. You can't buy any of these charts so we need to either win them by pillying or find someone who can chart them. That person would need to be able to be on before the start of the race so that they can chart all the ships that are participating.
Leoric
Leoric

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:54 am

I can chart for you Leo, but what's the time? 2 and 12 AM or PM?
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leoric Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:20 pm

That is 2 am on the 28th and 12 am on the 29th both PDT.
Leoric
Leoric

Back to top Go down

Post  Maaike Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:55 am

On the 28th I can't make it on the middle of the day (at CET). Sorry, but I have RL-date which I can't cancel. The 29th it's at 9pm for me and I think I can be there than.
Maaike
Maaike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down