Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Q&A about the anniversary events EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Q&A about the anniversary events EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Q&A about the anniversary events EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Q&A about the anniversary events EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Q&A about the anniversary events EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Q&A about the anniversary events EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Q&A about the anniversary events

5 posters

Go down

Q&A about the anniversary events Empty Q&A about the anniversary events

Post  Pishkirlin Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:05 pm

Ok, ok, I know I tend to over complicate things, make weird rules and provide twisted explanations.
Post here if you have any question about the forthcoming events.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Q&A about the anniversary events Empty Re: Q&A about the anniversary events

Post  Blackseagull Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:40 pm

Ok, a couple of questions and comments:

1st stage is clear I think, just pillaging on the said route and for each battle fought on that route everybody aboard gets a card about a painting they will have to recognize later.

About the 2nd stage,
Pishkirlin wrote:Both our crews must have a ship ported at Cook (if Glimmer don't, we'll give the deed of one of those that are currently sailing on the Passage to Ascalon).
Royals are not participating for their own crew and they will rather job to balance the crews in case one outnumbers the other.
So everybody will be aboard one of the 2 ships competing, 1 for the Glimmers, 1 for the knights. (Pish and I will go help wherever we're needed)

About Lord Piratus' Quest:

Once the ships of the Race to Ashkelon port to Ashkelon Arch, the quest can start.
Entrants will have to deliver the following goods to Piratus' IM stall on Scrimshaw:
3 units of cubanite, 6 units of enamel (of any colour), 3 units of masuyite, 3 units of thorianite, 3 units of iron.
The iron must come from Ashkelon Arch and must be withdrawn delivering a bid ticket on the ship sailing the Passage to Ascalon. It can be moved to the entrant's ship only from there.
The iron as well as the rest of the goods must be delivered from the same ship.
10 sangreazuls go to the first who accomplishes this task.
This I don't understand, where are people supposed to get those goods from? Since everybody will be sailing on one of those 2 ships, will each of them have to buy those things? Where? And then deliver them to Piratus's stall? Or it's one of those things per ship or something?

In order to complete the falchion the stall needs labour and especially 15 hours of expert labour.
So everybody has to go and play blacksmithing at Piratus's stall. Can anybody participate in this even if they couldn't be a part of the previous things? Is there a time limit? Or everybody can play as much as they want/can until the sword is complete?

We challenge the participants to make the highest number of their best Keen Edges (and post a their screenshots) before the completion of the sword (but no more than 15)
So everybody has to take screenshots of their best attempts (no more than 15) and post them, where? And for each of them they will get the mentioned points.

Random thoughts hoping they will help others as well xD
Blackseagull
Blackseagull

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamel Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:50 pm

About the blacksmithing:
Everyone can try a maximum of 15 times right? But those attempts have to be before the completion of the sword.
Suppose that someone for some reason gets to start before the rest and only does expert labor. After his 15 games, the sword would be finished and no one else could try right?
And isn't it pretty much impossible for several people to gain 300 points for the bonus game if the sword is finished in 15 games?
Yamel
Yamel

Crew: : knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:02 pm

Blackseagull wrote:About Lord Piratus' Quest:

Once the ships of the Race to Ashkelon port to Ashkelon Arch, the quest can start.
Entrants will have to deliver the following goods to Piratus' IM stall on Scrimshaw:
3 units of cubanite, 6 units of enamel (of any colour), 3 units of masuyite, 3 units of thorianite, 3 units of iron.
The iron must come from Ashkelon Arch and must be withdrawn delivering a bid ticket on the ship sailing the Passage to Ascalon. It can be moved to the entrant's ship only from there.
The iron as well as the rest of the goods must be delivered from the same ship.
10 sangreazuls go to the first who accomplishes this task.
This I don't understand, where are people supposed to get those goods from? Since everybody will be sailing on one of those 2 ships, will each of them have to buy those things? Where? And then deliver them to Piratus's stall? Or it's one of those things per ship or something?
Yes, they will have to buy the other goods somewhere else (any market) and deliver them to Piratus' stall. I believe the best strategy [spoiler alert!] is having already a ship with those goods at Ashkelon, deliver the iron bid first to ship that was racing, then moving them to your ship and set sail.
In order to complete the falchion the stall needs labour and especially 15 hours of expert labour.
So everybody has to go and play blacksmithing at Piratus's stall. Can anybody participate in this even if they couldn't be a part of the previous things? Is there a time limit? Or everybody can play as much as they want/can until the sword is complete?
Yes, you don't have to enter the first stage if you just want to play the Blacksmithing... oh, coincidence! The 17th of July will be also the 3rd anniversary of the Blacksmithing puzzle! And don't forget Mortesecca himself is going to train the best blacksmiths challenging them to a bonus game.

We challenge the participants to make the highest number of their best Keen Edges (and post a their screenshots) before the completion of the sword (but no more than 15)
So everybody has to take screenshots of their best attempts (no more than 15) and post them, where? And for each of them they will get the mentioned points.

Random thoughts hoping they will help others as well xD
You can post them wherever you want or send them to me. That is correct, anyway. Send me or post your best Keen Edges (second best score in BS after Masterpiece) to get those points.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:09 pm

Yamel wrote:About the blacksmithing:
Everyone can try a maximum of 15 times right? But those attempts have to be before the completion of the sword.
Suppose that someone for some reason gets to start before the rest and only does expert labor. After his 15 games, the sword would be finished and no one else could try right?
And isn't it pretty much impossible for several people to gain 300 points for the bonus game if the sword is finished in 15 games?
Very good point! Ok, I guess it shouldn't matter if the sword has been completed or not.
Thanks for bringing this up, Yamel.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:55 pm

Pishkirlin wrote:
Yamel wrote:About the blacksmithing:
Very good point! Ok, I guess it shouldn't matter if the sword has been completed or not.
Thanks for bringing this up, Yamel.
It should not matter at all, because I am pretty sure my workers will finish it (by the automatic labor divide thing) before anyone can have much fun blacksmithing. For instance, the expert labor we need for the sword is already covered in my labor reserve!

A personal question. Am I allowed to participate in my own quest? If not, can I still participate in the race? They are bound together, after all.
Piratus
Piratus

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:37 pm

Piratus wrote:A personal question. Am I allowed to participate in my own quest? If not, can I still participate in the race? They are bound together, after all.
In the race, yes. In the quest, I'm afraid you can't. But you can participate in the blacksmithing competition. Actually everyone can, even Ladies and Lords with a higher rank, since as I said there will be a bonus game for the best ones.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:40 am

yaaaaaaaaaar

i will have to find time to puzzle... hahahaa

Azeitona

Back to top Go down