Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Aze meets Pish - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Aze meets Pish - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Aze meets Pish - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Aze meets Pish - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Aze meets Pish - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Aze meets Pish - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Aze meets Pish

+9
Blackseagull
Zaidwanted
Captinthe
Piratus
mmiimmii
Grodanknorr
Sparkywolf
Azeitona
Pishkirlin
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Aze meets Pish - Page 2 Empty Re: Aze meets Pish

Post  Pishkirlin Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:44 pm

Sparkywolf wrote:Pictures! We need pictures to along with WakaWaka-ing! XD
If you want pictures you must prove yourselves worth of receiving them, testing your wits in this poll.

Also, sorry to the readers of the blog, but today we are a bit in a hurry and I can't post my daily entry. I'll try to update the thread later.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  jhony Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:02 am

Aze sounds like my uncle lol
jhony
jhony

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:07 pm

Belated Chronicle of Day 3

We left home in the morning planning to visit boyar mansions in the South as well as two of the most important churches in Romania: Curtea de Arges Cathedral and the Horezu Monastery. Well, maybe "planning" isn't really the best term I could choose, because it suggests that we really had a plan, while I don't call so googling at 10am those things and decide to visit them the same day without taking into account that we were supposed to drive for 9 hours... not before switching Aze on from his morning stand-by mode.
Add the fact that maybe we weren't exactly the fastest car on the road, considering that in spite of having surpassed twice the same truck transporting some freaking cherry youghurt, we found it again (and again and again!) in front of us for the third time. That was when we realized we wouldn't have ever made it. So we stopped in Brasov, which is actually one of the coolest town in Romania anyway. We decided to visit the bogus Dracula's castle the morning after and then continue our trip.
So we took a walk into the center of the town, where we have been delighted by a cheap Balkanic folk festival. A shiver ran through my spine as I couldn't help imagining that one of those guys cavorting Hungarian dances could be Defrass or Korte.

Since Brasov is famous for the surrounding forests (and its game), I decided against Aze's will that we had to look for food in a hunter's restaurant instead of McDonald's. Here we had roe deer fillet, wild-boar steak and... bear stew. I have ever wondered how could I describe the taste of bear meat. While it was clear that somehow it reminds of wild-board, I have always been looking for a second reference in order to complete the picture. For istance, I could say that frog tastes like something in between chicken and fish. Alas, I think I have finally found the second flavour: bear definitely tastes something in between wild-boar and dog. Glad Aze liked it.

Last edited by Pishkirlin on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:13 pm

Wow! How could someone choose game meat over frickking mcdonalds?! Well, to be honest I haven't eaten a lot of game meat, eventhough here in sweden some municipals have more moose then people living in them.

Here we had roe deer fillet, wild-boar steak and... bear stew.
Was that the same bear we saw hanging on the wall? Razz

Also, I have to admit that I don't recognize any of the places you are visiting. I have no idea what boyars are, or that they had mansions in Romania (thought they where russian, lol). On an unrelated note, how many days will Azeitona be staying?
Piratus
Piratus

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:04 pm

Piratus wrote:Was that the same bear we saw hanging on the wall? Razz
No, I guess that was his uncle.
Also, I have to admit that I don't recognize any of the places you are visiting. I have no idea what boyars are, or that they had mansions in Romania (thought they where russian, lol).
Well, that's why I'm posting links as well... so you can see what I am talking about and maybe learn something. Wiki is always your friend, anyway Razz
On an unrelated note, how many days will Azeitona be staying?
He left today, but I haven't been able to post any entry in the blog before, so these are belated updates. I only have to post you the chronicle of the day 4 now, which was yesterday. Smile
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:03 pm

Quick update. I have just added a cool slideshow widget on the 3rd day's entry. Enjoy.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  mmiimmii Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:12 pm

Pishkirlin wrote:Quick update. I have just added a cool slideshow widget on the 3rd day's entry. Enjoy.
such handsome men in our crew... Wink
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:21 am

yaaaaaaaaar

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesStGeorge Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:32 am

Nice widgety thing. How did you get it into the message? Is this platform able to take html in a mesage?

I tried making one, but can not see how to get it 'in' a post. On a different board.

Ah I see this place does take html in a mesage how unusual.
JamesStGeorge
JamesStGeorge

Crew: : Knights of St George

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:54 pm

Chronicle of Day 4: the Final Chapter

Take a fickle day in July, a castle in Transylvania, two brave and handsome adventurers. What is the perfect recipe for? Vampire hunting, you say? Nah, that is just the perfect recipe for some cheap souvenir pictures. But no. Aze didn't look at what he was seeing only through the lens of his camera. He seemed to behold things with a third eye, the ancestral wisdom of which could catch the quintessence of them when he said, "This is so Dracula!". So was the mesmerizing labyrinth of kitsch trinkets getting out of which took more time than visiting the whole castle.
Meantime our plan changed. Heck, we realized two real knights would rather spend their time riding horses and fighting bad guys than visiting boring monasteries. Lacking the bad guys, we decided to look at least for a riding facility... but not before having pleased our bellies, like the old good Mortesecca recommends. So we first had an exquisite, delicate and light appetizer, followed by a genuine, Balkanic mixed grill, both of which had a long and tormented, second life within our stomachs for the rest of the day.
Apparently at the riding facility they didn't recognize us at a glance as natural born knights, since we have been neglected for almost two hours before being allowed to even approach a mule. Nonetheless we have been entertained by the epiphany of a gaucho who really looked like a pirate. He arrived on a coach. His hair was tarrier than the one of the old sea-dog at Admiral Benbow and his manners as refined as his appearance, as he debuted saying, "Don't be scared of them [the horses], kiddo. If you are, how will you be able to deal with women? I'd rather like to see you sticking your nose right in the horse's fart!". So filthy and drunk as he was, he won my heart straight away. But then we found out that although he was supposed to be our instructor, he didn't have any more time for us... since he had just spent it telling dirty jokes for more than one hour now. How disappointing. Well, we had our lame thrilling horse ride anyway.
Our adventure ended at Bistro de l'Arte, where we had tasty dishes, among which escargots, accompanied by a chardonnay first and then a delicious straw wine.

Heck, that's what I call a vacation! Aze and I had such a great time! I'm now looking forward to meet you all, knights! Wink

Last edited by Pishkirlin on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackseagull Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:10 pm

Woooooot! xD

How great! Excellent "blog" Pish! I looooved it! Smile

Thanks for sharing your adventures with all of us! It sounds like you had so much fun, and I'm so happy you did! Your adventures sound amazing and the descriptions and story were wonderfully told. Made me wish I could have been there with you! And in some way, I guess we could all take a tiny part in it thanks to this "blog".

Thanks a lot for sharing everything with us!! I loved it Smile

B.
Blackseagull
Blackseagull

Back to top Go down

Post  Korte Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Pishkirlin wrote:an exquisite, delicate and light appetizer
Oh yeah... the classic ZSÍRSZALONNA (hungarian, zsír=fat, szalonna=bacon)...perfect to amend the modern cuisine.No carbohydrate or sugar Smile
Korte
Korte

Back to top Go down

Post  Korte Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:27 am

Pish, what is that thing on all pictures which is hanging on yer neck??
Korte
Korte

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:10 am

Korte wrote:Pish, what is that thing on all pictures which is hanging on yer neck??
An old fashioned leather case for my glasses. xD
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Defrass Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:41 am

I tought it's a leather case for a wine-cup xD

Defrass

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:31 am

Defrass wrote:I tought it's a leather case for a wine-cup xD
That would be cool. Thanks Frass, I now what to ask Santa this year! xD
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Captinthe Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:17 pm

nice pictures Very Happy eh hey pish u look like from the mafia in the picture that contains u grabbing a knife Razz
(jk)
Captinthe
Captinthe

Crew: : Glimmer of light

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:00 pm

Captinthe wrote:nice pictures Very Happy eh hey pish u look like from the mafia in the picture that contains u grabbing a knife Razz
(jk)
That picture has a funny story behind. We took it like 10 times because Aze was keeping on failing at looking like a pirate.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Captinthe Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:30 am

coool looks like u 2 had a lot of fun Very Happy
Captinthe
Captinthe

Crew: : Glimmer of light

Back to top Go down