Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Rebirth EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Rebirth EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Rebirth EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Rebirth EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Rebirth EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Rebirth EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Rebirth

5 posters

Go down

Rebirth Empty Rebirth

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:57 pm

Use this thread to post screenshots of the greenies you have hired.
You'll get 5 sangreazuls (up to 25) for each one of them if they don't leave the flag and don't go dormant after 10 days. If they will become officers (with at least Broad experience in the duty puzzles and Proficient bnav) before April 23, you'll get 20 additional sangrazul for each new officer.
Even if you can only get 25 azuls in the first stage, the best strategy is hiring as many greenies as possible, because you never know who can go dormant, leave the flag or become an officer. This mini-mission can award up to 175 sangreazuls, if you hire Mortesecca, guess who he is and train 5 greenies.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Rebirth Empty Re: Rebirth

Post  Pishkirlin Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:42 am

I would like to remind everyone that there is a riddle in the current statement of the Blades of Ascalon:
And when the good omens appeared in to the sky, the White Fers, who first prophesied, regained his powers and came back to the Realm disguised in green.
And he descended from the Kingdom of Eternal Light and Glory and his soul abandoned its volatile form and reincarnated into a body that the Flame cannot consume.
For the the day of wrath has come.
And the Black Knight, the Great Thief, stood in the midst of the White Pawns.
And I heard the Nation singing: "Sorkhi-ye to az man; Zardi-ye man az to."
And I saw the White Fers bringing back what the Knight stole so that the Pil could forge anew the sacred sword with all his craftmanship.
And the Dragon left Sicily.
And I saw the Blades piercing the flanks of their foes
And this, I, Rastaban beheld.
Who can find the solution to the most clues and solve it?
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackseagull Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:21 pm

Ok, some thoughts to get it started...

And when the good omens appeared in to the sky
Pish's portrait? xD

the White Fers, who first prophesied, regained his powers and came back to the Realm disguised in green.
Mortesecca -> the green knight -> Whitefers! Our JC from yesterday. (he was a greenie, no offense, Sir... lol)

abandoned its volatile form and reincarnated into a body that the Flame cannot consume.
This is probably who we are looking for, the new body Morte is using. The all consuming flame is the flag of Azarbad... who could be the only one that the flame cannot consume?

:S

This just made me think of Azarbad when yesterday stood among us "white knights" lol.

That's from the Iranian fire festival, they sing it while jumping over a bonfire and it means: "Give me your beautiful red color; And take back my sickly pallor!" And it made me think about the thing Azarbad stole from us a while ago and we needed to get back and never did lol.

That just made me think of yesterday in the blockade lol.

Ok, those are my first thoughts, just to post something now lol :S
Blackseagull
Blackseagull

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:04 pm

Mortesecca the Green can finally regain his powers, but we have to find him first. He promised he would have come back as a greenie, so we have to look among them.
Blackseagull, in the other thread wrote:
the White Fers, who first prophesied, regained his powers and came back to the Realm disguised in green.
Mortesecca -> the green knight -> Whitefers! Our JC from yesterday. (he was a greenie, no offense, Sir... lol)
Rebirth PuzzlePiratesWhitefers1

I hired the green knight under your noses.

Congratulations, Princess Blackseagull!
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:13 pm

[quote="Pishkirlin"]

This definetly refers to when Azarbad shouted something about wrath and doom.

Azarbad shouts, "The roar of flames! The clatter of steel! ZOMG! Azarbad the Great is upon you!"

And I saw the White Fers bringing back what the Knight stole so that the Pil could forge anew the sacred sword with all his craftmanship.
I don't recall Whitefers bringing anything back from Azarbad.
Piratus
Piratus

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:08 pm

Piratus wrote:
Pishkirlin wrote:And I saw the White Fers bringing back what the Knight stole so that the Pil could forge anew the sacred sword with all his craftmanship.

It would be too easy if it were taken literally and I had traded with Azarbad at some point in full visibility of a flaggie, now wouldn't it?

Instead, I'll posit that the White Fers recovering that which was lost refers to the previous mission (as Blackie noted) and perhaps has something to do with that green trinket. After all, in this thread, Azarbad wrote,

Azarbad the Great wrote:"Don't worry, Mistress. He can't regain his power as long as I am in possession of this green trinket."

Depending on how you read it, this part:

Pishkirlin wrote:...the White Fers, who first prophesied, regained his powers and came back to the Realm disguised in green.
And he descended from the Kingdom of Eternal Light and Glory and his soul abandoned its volatile form and reincarnated into a body that the Flame cannot consume.

may mean the White Fers, not Mortesecca, was reincarnated into a body that cannot be destroyed by Azarbad. When combined with his greenie status and the account name, he is definitely disguised in green. Further, when added to:
Pishkirlin wrote:For the the day of wrath has come.
...and...

we may be in for a battle with Azarbad. I don't know if it is specifically in reference to the blockade but it could also reference the Knights taking up arms for war (as when we switch for a blockade or probably war to Blades of Ascalon to fight).

The trinket makes sense for the forging of a green-hilted sword to be used against a specific evil as in the old stories. A long sword is traditional in the European tales but a curved blade would be more appropriate for Azarbad and Ascalon traditions.

Did anyone notice if Whitefers had a trinket?

The account name and password for Whitefers are also interesting, but Pish will have to weigh in on if I am supposed to share as I won't share account information without permission. I could share the translation instead of the exact details as well. Pish?
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:00 pm

wow! nice job blackie! congrats!
(i am so happy! i wont have to do any more greeter pillages... lol) xD

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:36 pm

Huzzah! Huzzah! All hail Her Royal Highness, Princess Blackseagull! Huzzah!
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:18 am

I have merged the posts about Whitefers in the Nowruz thread here because this is the right place. I couldn't make my first post here because otherwise it would have been obvious that the statement was a reference to Rebirth. Now Blackseagull has solved the mystery, we can continue here.
Piratus wrote:
This definetly refers to when Azarbad shouted something about wrath and doom.
Yes, Blackie already pointed this out.
I think this is a metaphor, re-read what...
...Blackseagull wrote:
That's from the Iranian fire festival, they sing it while jumping over a bonfire and it means: "Give me your beautiful red color; And take back my sickly pallor!" And it made me think about the thing Azarbad stole from us a while ago and we needed to get back and never did lol.
and think of how the BK hunt event is called. Wink

Sparkywolf wrote:
may mean the White Fers, not Mortesecca, was reincarnated into a body that cannot be destroyed by Azarbad.
Aye, aye... Blackie hinted at this as well. But I believe this sentence hides anyway more clues.
The trinket makes sense for the forging of a green-hilted sword to be used against a specific evil as in the old stories. A long sword is traditional in the European tales but a curved blade would be more appropriate for Azarbad and Ascalon traditions.
We already know that Ascalon was a falchion from Richard Johnson. But this is not the point, although I believe one of the clue that has not been solved yet has something to do with forging the sword.

The account name and password for Whitefers are also interesting, but Pish will have to weigh in on if I am supposed to share as I won't share account information without permission. I could share the translation instead of the exact details as well. Pish?
Go for it, I don't mind sharing the details.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:21 am

Whitefers' details - my thoughts on their translation appears after:

Login: Bredbeddle - The Green Knight
Password: malamati - who is blamed
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:37 am

Sparkywolf wrote:Whitefers' details - my thoughts on their translation appears after:

Login: Bredbeddle - The Green Knight
Password: malamati - who is blamed
We know the GK visited Ascalon a couple of days before the blockade as Malamati during a GP led by Azeitona (he failed to recognize him and didn't recruited him though). I am wondering now why he chose to come back as Whitefers this time.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:56 pm

This is a late post, but I assume this thing is still on since no solution has been found.
Pishkirlin wrote:
We know the GK visited Ascalon a couple of days before the blockade as Malamati during a GP
malamati - who is blamed
This leads to the question: What was it he was blamed for?

I am wondering now why he chose to come back as Whitefers this time.
Taking in account that he was blamed for something, "White" may refer to pureness and innosence. He was once blamed, but now he is "white".

Riddle wrote:The dragon leaves Sicilly
The history geek inside me immediatley thinks about the Normans in sicilly. The Normans where former vikings and vikings used "Dragon Ships". "The dragon leaves Sicilly" could mean a Longship leaving some island.
But this is probably irrelevant and nowhere near the solution.
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Piratus wrote:
malamati - who is blamed
This leads to the question: What was it he was blamed for?
Apparently the Royal Encyclopedia of Ascalon has an entry about it.
This passage is particularly interesting:
"the Malāmatīs deliberately tried to draw the contempt of the world upon themselves by committing unseemly, even unlawful, actions, but they preserved perfect purity of thought and loved God without second thought"
Now that would explain once for all Mortesecca's dark side.
"White" may refer to pureness and innosence. He was once blamed, but now he is "white".
Rebirth Bb50 5 Somehow that must be true.
Riddle wrote:The dragon leaves Sicilly
The history geek inside me immediatley thinks about the Normans in sicilly. The Normans where former vikings and vikings used "Dragon Ships". "The dragon leaves Sicilly" could mean a Longship leaving some island.
But this is probably irrelevant and nowhere near the solution.
Well, Morte looks nothing like a Norman. >.<
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:15 pm

My memory may be rusty, but even when browsing through our archives on the Theft of the Privy Purse, I fail to see a dark side of Mortesecca. Unless you count alcohol intoxication and yelling as evil. (in wich case I assume Azeitona and Our highness Pishkirling would be dark as lucifer himself Razz)
Pishkirlin wrote:
Piratus wrote:"White" may refer to pureness and innosence. He was once blamed, but now he is "white".
Rebirth Bb50 5 Somehow that must be true.
Wich leaves the question:
What did he do to redeem himself? I am sure whatever he did was of vital importance to the flag.
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:41 am

Piratus wrote:My memory may be rusty, but even when browsing through our archives on the Theft of the Privy Purse, I fail to see a dark side of Mortesecca. Unless you count alcohol intoxication and yelling as evil.
Well yes, I meant that and other dark aspects of his character and life:
Yppedia wrote:Fond of natural sciences, he became a member of a local academy. However due to his morbid interest for human corpses and black magic, in 1981 he was banned from that academy.
Wich leaves the question: what did he do to redeem himself? I am sure whatever he did was of vital importance to the flag.
I don't think it is matter of redemption. Like Al-Khader himself, his behaviour can be sometimes considered morally controversial but it actually follows a greater, divine scheme. It is like being dark is part of his own essence somehow. Black and white are part of the same design.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum