Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Games we play besides PuzzlePirates - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Games we play besides PuzzlePirates - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Games we play besides PuzzlePirates - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Games we play besides PuzzlePirates - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Games we play besides PuzzlePirates - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Games we play besides PuzzlePirates - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Games we play besides PuzzlePirates

+8
Benke
Azeitona
Captinthe
mmiimmii
Grodanknorr
jhony
Pishkirlin
Piratus
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Games we play besides PuzzlePirates - Page 2 Empty Re: Games we play besides PuzzlePirates

Post  jhony Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:17 am

RE5 just ported on PC yay!!! arkham asylum is said to be a very good game i watched many reviews and i think i'm inlove xD I love you
jhony
jhony

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Games we play besides PuzzlePirates - Page 2 Empty Re: Games we play besides PuzzlePirates

Post  Piratus Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:48 am

Pishkirlin wrote:
mmiimmii wrote:age of empires...lmao... haven't thought or played that game in ages or the othe ages games...lol...another game i use to play was Populous...where u get to play god...was crazy lol
Populous! Yeah, quite nice. I remember I took control of the air element and I used to strike by lightning the opponent believers. Ah, so good to be god. Black & White was pretty cool as well.

I loved Black and white. I almost finished the first game, but my CD broke when I was on the last island. Black and White 2 was also a good game, but I didn't think it was quite as impressive, probably because I was older when I played it Razz
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:29 am

I found a copy of the WWII strategy game "Blitzkrieg" for 29 SEK. (about 4 dollars or 3 Euros) I't quite fun to play multiplayer, but the game has developed a strange bug in Singleplayer... it runs waay to fast. Even if I turn down the speed to -10 (minimal speed) it runs much faster than normal.

The reason I purchased the game was because I played another great game based on the same engine. Great battles of World War II: Stalingrad. I was amased by that game(I still have the music from it on my mp3-player after 1.5 years!), even though it only had singleplayer and very little replayability I still felt like getting my money's worth. The game even stole time from Puzzle Pirates!

Gameplay is the same for both games, only that Stalingrad is more story-driven and focuses on one event in the war (the fights outside and inside Stalingrad) and has better music.

Well, I'm a WWII geek so I can't guarantee that everyone will like it. But if you find any of thoose games cheap (wich is likley. they are old) and loves strategy games, give it a try Wink
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Games we play besides PuzzlePirates - Page 2 Empty Good SP games = less time online...

Post  Piratus Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:08 pm

In case you wonder about the game. It's Medieval II: Total war Kingdoms (gold edition), I have always loved the total war games, and when I saw this for 15 bucks I had to purchase it (I have owned the original Medieval II (special edition!) for several years today and though it was time to pick it up). Well worth the purchase, and if you find it in a store it's well worth the purchase if you like strategy games.

15 bucks for the gold edition of Medieval II is a good purchase(it's probably cheaper in the U.S and in online stores), trust me. And the game is a little old so there should be no problems running it with an older computer. I'm playing it on lowest graphics on my laptop and it plays fine.

They have packet a LOT of content in it. So, I'm sorry, but I will probably not be online a lot the following weeks. Just a heads up Wink
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:29 am

I'm quite addicted to rogue-likes (aka dungeon-crawlers) and have been playing Nethack for some time (never have ascended though I've gotten very close). Lately, I've been playing Crawl (by Stone Soup), which is a variant that has some really fantastic features over Nethack. (Bigger maps, better magic, religious and class systems, great in-game help so spoilers aren't so necessary..) Just really fun.

http://crawl-ref.sourceforge.net/
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:31 pm

Looks like a deep game, I will keep it on my hard drive for a while, but I have to admit I am more into more "graphical" games.

There is a game I think you would like, "dwarf fortress". It's made by one man who lives of donations from players.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Captinthe Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:21 am

There is a new game that made a big sucess its about magic and swords called Dragon Age Origins,it had a 9.5/10 rating in gamespot its amazing
Captinthe
Captinthe

Crew: : Glimmer of light

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:17 am

Captinthe wrote:There is a new game that made a big sucess its about magic and swords called Dragon Age Origins,it had a 9.5/10 rating in gamespot its amazing

I will check it out when it drops in price and/or I get a new computer wich can run it better. unless I decide to get the PS3 version Wink
It's made by makers of Oblivion and Fallout 3 if I am not mistaken, so I can almost gaurantee it's a very good game with many hours of play packed in there.
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Captinthe Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:26 am

Yeah its a Role Playing here is some ratings from other sites
IGN ** 9 / 10
Worth Playing ** 8.6 / 10
Gamervision ** 9 / 10
GameZone ** 9.9 / 10
1UP ** A
VideoGamer ** 8 / 10
Captinthe
Captinthe

Back to top Go down

Post  jhony Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:20 am

The story is good but the combat isn't that great
jhony
jhony

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:09 am

jhony wrote:The story is good but the combat isn't that great
Name one, Role-Playing game with a great combat system Wink
I am playing the original Fallout in the hopes that I will finish it and Fallout 2 before I get my hands on a playstation 3 and Fallout 3. Fallout's combat system is not great. I found the best strategy was to always carry a bazooka and a flamethrower, shoot with the bazooka until they charge to close and then burn my enemies with the flamer. Not very flexible, but with the best armour in the game I can beat practicly anything.
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:17 pm

If you are wondering why I have been away from the forums, guess what? I purchased a ps3!

I have been playing Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, it has a huge signleplayer campain (I literally stayed up from midnight to 3-4 o'clock, 3 nights in a row to finish it on hard) and probably the best multiplayer available on the ps3. I have also been playing around with Playstation Home, a virtual world where you can meet people and play free games with them, like chess and bowling. To bad I don't know anyone else with a ps3 Sad
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Captinthe Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:18 pm

congratulations Very Happy
Captinthe
Captinthe

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:41 am

i have a ps3 too, but so now i have been able to mix it with the computer lol
fallout rules xD

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Games we play besides PuzzlePirates - Page 2 Empty Games we play besides PuzzlePirat

Post  mmiimmii Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:47 pm

Still my one and Favorite role playing game with the bestest graphics i have found thus far....Neverwinter Nights.....WOOT WOOT
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:32 pm

neverwinter nights are cool xD i was playing today, the first one, old but good xD

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  jhony Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:03 am

Anyone played mass effect it's a sci-fi role-playing game. it has awesome combat and many classes my favorite one is a bio which uses powers similar to the force in star wars and assassin's creed 2 is a very good game. i played the pc version which has online restrictions Sad so it was kind of a pain.
jhony
jhony

Back to top Go down

Post  Defrass Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:38 am

I play Counter Strike: Source, it's an fps game. I like to play with RL friends and talk on skaype while we playing.

Defrass

Back to top Go down

Post  jhony Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:48 am

i love cs! i play 1.6
jhony
jhony

Back to top Go down

Post  Captinthe Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:46 am

Defrass wrote:I play Counter Strike: Source, it's an fps game. I like to play with RL friends and talk on skaype while we playing.

U can make an account on Garena its particularly a program that connects the game with the web and then u can play with whoever u want www.garena.com if ur intrested u can download it in mirror 2 english ver. download http://www.garena.com/downloads.html here is a specific link for it or u can install it at ur language if u want its ur choice Very Happy it has counter stike 1.5,1.6 and counter strike source
Captinthe
Captinthe

Back to top Go down

Post  jhony Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:32 am

not many people play CS source there
jhony
jhony

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:24 am

I am playing MAG. It's eating up a lot of the time I used to play pp.
MAG stands for Massive Action Game and the game really earns that name. The biggest gametype involves 256 players fighting over maps that are 600x600 meters in size.
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamel Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:53 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew some good strategy games (preferably online)

When I say strategy, I mean that you really can not win the game without using a minimum of tactics.
Take age of empires, they call it a strategy game, but it is easily beaten if you just build your city, and wait till you have enough troups to do an all out attack and completly overwhelm your opponent. (don't get me wrong, I love age of empires, I just think elaborate tactics are not essential for winning.)

So if anyone knows a game where you actually need a plan to win, please tell me Very Happy
(oh, and don't say chess, I already know that one Wink )
Yamel
Yamel

Crew: : knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Grodanknorr Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:49 am

ermm i play a game called Heroes of newerth... I think you can call it strategy cause you gotta use tactics to win the game and so on... team with your players and more... But it costs money to buy and its online...

Send me a pm if you wanna know more about the game... btw its dota

Grodanknorr

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:51 am

Yamel wrote:I was wondering if anyone knew some good strategy games (preferably online)

When I say strategy, I mean that you really can not win the game without using a minimum of tactics.
Take age of empires, they call it a strategy game, but it is easily beaten if you just build your city, and wait till you have enough troups to do an all out attack and completly overwhelm your opponent. (don't get me wrong, I love age of empires, I just think elaborate tactics are not essential for winning.)

So if anyone knows a game where you actually need a plan to win, please tell me Very Happy
(oh, and don't say chess, I already know that one Wink )
Paradox Interactive makes a lot of "Strategic" strategy games where having a plan means a lot of difference. A word of adcive though, the manuals for thesee games are huge! Wich is a good thing if you want a deep strategic experience with lots of options and plans, but bad if you want to just hop in and play right away.

They are built like a ultra detailed real-time boardgames. Let me show you a screenshot of Hearts of Iron 2, one of their games I have and love.
Games we play besides PuzzlePirates - Page 2 Hoisweden

You can clearly see the map, showing southwest sweden and a few infantry divisions. And on the left sidebar there is a bunch of information on the infantry unit selected. (If you are curious why the troops are right next to Oslo, I was planning to invade Norway before Germany started WWII xD)

If strategy games based on WWII isn't your thing, they have also developed a bunch of similar games in different time periods. Like Medieval times (Crusader Kings, Battle of the North), the 15th to 18th century (Europa Universalis 1 & 2 & 3) or even the Victorian era (Victoria & Victoria 2). Personally, I love Parado Interactive, they are fine Swedish developers/distributers and only once have I been dissapointed when I bought their games. If you want strategy gams where you fight in a world map instead of a battle map, theese are the games for you Wink
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next