Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Sage ocean offline? Is it just me? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Sage ocean offline? Is it just me? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Sage ocean offline? Is it just me? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Sage ocean offline? Is it just me? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Sage ocean offline? Is it just me? EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Sage ocean offline? Is it just me? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Sage ocean offline? Is it just me?

5 posters

Go down

Sage ocean offline? Is it just me? Empty Sage ocean offline? Is it just me?

Post  Piratus Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi nerds flagmates!
I have been unable to log on to the game for almost 24 hours now and I see no mention of the ocean beeing unavailable on the games homepage. Is this just me, or are everyone having this problem.
Piratus
Piratus

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Sage ocean offline? Is it just me? Empty Re: Sage ocean offline? Is it just me?

Post  Pishkirlin Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:59 pm

No, there is an official announcement on the game forum. Apparently some nasty rodents ate the network cable to which Sage was connected. Sic transit gloria mundi.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Beccaw Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:51 pm

I just gained some free time and yet i'm not able to log on!
Sorry about the dormant-ness mates, got resits upon resits which aren't going too well..
Hope all's good with you guys Smile

Beccaw

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesStGeorge Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:18 am

Coming up to 2 days down now. They tried one go at starting it up, and the other oceans fell over!

A networking issue apparently so they say no data should be lost.

Prometheus
OceanMaster
Sage is indeed currently offline due to technical problems.

We just received a missive from one of our gerbil wranglers and it seems like those pesky rodents did quite a number on the place! Wheels turned upside down, bedding and food strewn around the place without a care... they really take their celebration to the next level. Naturally, the gerbils responsible have been sacked.

Burrowing rodents aside, I'm afraid that while the developers will keep poking at the server we have been told that they don't expect it to be back online tonight. To clarify, this issue is limited to Sage only. The other oceans are all online and functioning normally. When we have more information it will be posted in this thread and broadcast to the oceans as necessary.

I just want to offer everyone affected by the downtime my most sincere apologies. We are doing everything we can to have Sage back on like as soon as possible.

Endymion
OceanMaster
Murphy is hard at work, and the battle with networking hardware is ongoing.

I'm afraid we can't provide a real ETA for Sage's return, but we certainly hope that the issue will be resolved soon - "(a) week(s)" definitely would be an exaggeration.(*)

It is clear by now that this is entirely a networking issue. No data was lost, all pirates and their possession are safe.

As for Hunter's much briefer downtime, that issue was completely unrelated (or rather, that Murphy guy is the only connection), and as of this time, everything there should be back to normal, including the web server (pirate pages, petitions etc).

We apologize again for the downtime!

Bungleton
Developer

An attempt to restore Sage's network caused a complete network outage to the Puzzle Pirates servers. We've restored the network for the rest of the oceans, but Sage remains stubbornly incommunicado. We're hoping to clear out this confluence of hamsters and Murphy sometime today, but as Endymion said, a definite ETA is hard to establish.

Please accept our sincerest apologies about the downtime and know that we're working to get things working again ASAP.

I do think they should have a better way of passing out such information. Perhaps easily accessible from the main PP web page. Digging around in the forum and wading through heaps of posts for the latest official info is bad service. Not many even look at the forums.
JamesStGeorge
JamesStGeorge

Crew: : Knights of St George

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:07 pm

Thank you for digging around and finding thoose posts! I agree completly, if something of such major importance is happening it should be much easier to find.
When Sage went offline this is what I did.
1. I took a look at the news on the main page, no mentions there.
2. I looked for a link to the page where you see the status of the game servers. I couldn't remember the link itself (http://www.puzzlepirates.com/status.xhtml).
3. I looked through "Hear Ye! Announcements" in the forums.
4. I took a brief look in "Technical Issues".
5. I lost my temper and posted here instead.

I may be impatient and lazy. But is there any reason not to put it up on the main page?
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:06 pm

Apparently there's also Twitter, but frankly, I didn't even know any of the OMs had accounts there until I went searching for the ocean status page.

Official Twitter Account: @PuzzlePirates
List of OceanMasters: OceanMasters

(And why oh why is it taking days to restore the Sage server? Something smells fishy....)
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Sage ocean offline? Is it just me? Empty Sage is back!

Post  Piratus Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:08 pm

It's back online Wink
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesStGeorge Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Hermes
Developer
As of 4:03 PM PDT on Tuesday, July 6th, the Sage Ocean is UP and operational. Once again, we're deeply sorry for the downtime, mates.

By way of apology, a couple things...

1) First and foremost, every Labor Badge on Sage has had 2 days added to it to make up for time lost from the downtime.

2) For the next week, all brigand and barbarian PoE rewards on Sage will be increased by 10%. Additionally, for the same time period, we've increased the drop rate of Atlantis and Cursed Isles charts. These are both effective immediately. Woo!

3) The OMs will likely toss up a few extra tournaments over the next few days.

4) You won't be able to see this part, but I promise to wear my Booched t-shirt to the office tomorrow*.

Welcome home, Sageans**! We missed you.
JamesStGeorge
JamesStGeorge

Crew: : Knights of St George

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down