Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Best way to make poe. EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Best way to make poe. EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Best way to make poe. EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Best way to make poe. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Best way to make poe. EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Best way to make poe. EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Best way to make poe.

+4
Azeitona
Acerin
Leonelle
Piratus
8 posters

Go down

Best way to make poe. Empty Best way to make poe.

Post  Piratus Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:48 pm

I am starting a general discussion about what activities will bring more money. Wich activity do you think is bringing in more poe per hour, in general, vs how much it costs to get there and how fun/boring it is.
It's next to impossible to make an accurate picture, as different activities will bring different amounts depending on certain factors, but I am certain we can get a decent picture.

Let me start by pointing out some bad things, things that are not especially profitable.
First of all, it is a shame that the labour badge is very difficult to make a profit on, I find that the only stalls that will make my badge break even rarley have work avaliable and I have given up on the badge alltogether.

Second, owning a stall is not a great way to make money. A lot of less experienced players thinks so, but in reality competition drives the profit margins down by a lot and unless you know what you are doing you will loose money on it, buying and stocking a stall takes a lot of poe and a lot of time wich could be spent doing other things to make money. You may end up loosing more money than you invested by buying stuff - shoving more money into the cofferts - buying more stuff without realizing if the actual value of the stall is going up. Only start a stall somewere you are sure you can make a profit, take the time to calculate how much everything would cost and compare it to the sell price, once you have found a good island it's a good idea to record prices, all commodeties have price cycles, so you know when to buy low and sell high. I recommend you work as a manager for an active stall before going this way - I had to learn the hard way and I am not sure to this day if my stall was profitable (it was profitable a long time, but counting the other times - I am not sure. It definetly wasn't profitableif you count the fact that could have spent all that time managing it on something else instead).

That was a start, keep the wisdom flowing Wink
Piratus
Piratus

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Best way to make poe. Empty Re: Best way to make poe.

Post  Leonelle Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:22 pm

Actually piratus, i do not agree with you on the labour badge thin..

you left out foraging..

If ye get max jobs, we will use normal labour badge for this example, then ye have 3 jobs that will randomly pay you about 100-200 poe a sore every 3 days...

on average

so lets say 150 poe a day...

150x30=4500 (30 is the days)

thats a bit less than 2 dubbs a month- for DOING NOTHING!

then, if ye be a good girl/boy and forage every day, you get from 300-500 each normal session...

not including the gold ye never get

so 400x30 thats 12000

so thats 16500k on average..

now, lets put dubbs at 2.5k

4 dubbs at 10k

6 dubbs at 15k

so you gain 1.5k and a dubb on average..

Leonelle

Crew: : GLimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Acerin Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:03 pm

Leonelle wrote:If ye get max jobs, we will use normal labour badge for this example, then ye have 3 jobs that will randomly pay you about 100-200 poe a sore every 3 days...

on average

so lets say 150 poe a day...

150x30=4500 (30 is the days)

I provide expert distilling work, and get from 300 to 900 poe every day. I like playing the game, and I want to play for free. I get enough poes to keep playing, then I’m Ok
About the original question, best way to make poe, I think the best way is the way that lets you keep playing the puzzles you like. Pillaging can be profitable or not, the same goes for SMH, or, of course, Poker. If you’re having fu the poes will come with no effort.
I managed a stall and had a lot of fun buying, selling and moving commodities, I made profit, but I don’t know how much, the best is that I never had to invest external resources for the stall to keep producing.
Acerin
Acerin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:16 pm

what can i say? poker is the best way to win money! xD and to lose it too... paticience is the secret!

i own a blacksmith shop in admiral... spend a lot of money to buy... but who cares? i never go there...
i have a friend that log in 1 or 2 time per week to take a look in the shop and thats what it is... probabily i am losing money... but since he is planning to do manager in college and he wants to practic i gave him a shop... owninng a shop looks cool in my info page xD lmao

Azeitona

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesStGeorge Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:26 am

The best very low risk way is performing well in a good paying blockade. But clearly they are not available daily, or even every weekend.

After that there is higher risk/luck. Pillages, elite ones will pay well and are probably lowest risk of losses, so time/poe is better, though battles will usually be long. Lower end pillages can be ok ones that win usually after quick battles must mean you can end up doing twice the battles but for lower pay outs each, but higher risk of losses messing the entire trip up. Higher luck can bring a KB in one or two battles and a quick port and divide must make poe/hour good.

SMH sound to be good but even the best sink sometimes and it is all for nothing. Plus you have the cost of the badge.

Flotillas, can be good with a very good b-naver, If strictly after poe/hour I suspect most average ones sink too often and gain less even when not.

Imperial outposts do not seem big cash cows. But predictable, whereas getting a TH or digging is luck, but certainly the easier to see results of TH can be very good.

I do not do the shop work or foraging, badge cost is a complete put off. Plus I do not like those puzzles or at least am no good at them, thereby affecting possible poe returns.

Shop running, no idea, many seem to struggle to make reliable money, and to do so reliably seems to require a lot of time and risk, shipping goods about for the best purchase price. Certainly I aim to buy as cheaply as possible, so must most, so short of restricted competition I guess it is a hard way to make good poe.

Of course the best way is presumably being a great b-naver running your own pillages regularly. With a crew cut at the standard 30%

Fortunately I prefer to carp anyway regardless of the relative returns. Though I like b-nav and ought to run more trips myself.
JamesStGeorge
JamesStGeorge

Crew: : Knights of St George

Back to top Go down

Post  Captinthe Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:01 am

i got 100k in 1 week from elite pillages but u should stay all of it ,and usually give KB more often average 2 per pilly
Captinthe
Captinthe

Crew: : Glimmer of light

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:12 am

Idealy, running voyages is a great moneymaker. I remember in my early days as an Officer I used to run my own pillies every day.
If you are a good, patcient poker player who don't take to many risks. The rewards on higher tables would easily bring more money than almost anything else, but waiting for the right cards to show up takes time and not everyone can be among the top poker players. There is always risks, it's a probability based game and sooner or later even the best player will loose a few hands.

Shopkeeping and trading could bring a lot of money, but to do that you need a lot of thinking and a lot of starting capital. If you are already a rich bastard Razz this is ideal. Filling a huge ship with commodeties and selling them could easily take the same time as a pillage and bring in a lot more than that. Also, a stall makes money for you even when you are offline.

Shop running, no idea, many seem to struggle to make reliable money, and to do so reliably seems to require a lot of time and risk, shipping goods about for the best purchase price. Certainly I aim to buy as cheaply as possible, so must most, so short of restricted competition I guess it is a hard way to make good poe.
I used to ship iron in the early days of my stall, I saved a few poe per unit by sailing from the spawning islands. But I realized this was completley unecessary.
Instead you should let others ship it to you, put a good buy price on the market and wait. If you ship it yourself you don't make more money than if you would have traded it to someone else.
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Benke Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:58 pm

I earned lot of poe on doublon exchange with no effort. I don't have exact figures here but it was like 1 doublon on every 20...
Benke
Benke

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesStGeorge Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:29 am

Blockade report started 1750 ended 2500 per seg.

Not up in time to get first seg. Odd timed blockade 8am. Crying or Very sad Mad

Ship not pay set, given 2500

Total day poe

Total 42,152

2.75hrs 15,328 ph

EDIT update

Details available, but the day totals

Sage Day 83,624

+Viridian Blockade
50,706 converted to 22 dubs
call it easy 44,000 poe converted to Sage poe
JamesStGeorge
JamesStGeorge

Crew: : Knights of St George

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaidwanted Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:15 am

you also can earn poe in other oceans, and then buy dubs of it, which you can use it in other oceans.
give it a try Very Happy

Zaidwanted

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:51 pm

Note about trading.

As demand for something increases, the gap between the buy and sales price of the commoditiy increases too. The more expensive it is to buy something from an island compared to selling it, the better the price is.

For instance, cannonballs are in high supply in most islands. The diffrence between buying and selling is usually just 1 poe. Look at more rare commodities, like Chalcolite (only spawns from one island in sage) and the diffrence could be close to 100 poe. Suggesting that people find it harder to let go of it.
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaidwanted Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:52 am

because if u keep it, you can make something with it that is worth even more money!
(and then sell it Razz )

Zaidwanted

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Is it very profitable to manage fruit runs?
The yppedia page says fruits are sold with a >300% profitmargin.
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum