Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Glimmer of Light needs life support EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Glimmer of Light needs life support EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Glimmer of Light needs life support EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Glimmer of Light needs life support EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Glimmer of Light needs life support EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Glimmer of Light needs life support EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Glimmer of Light needs life support

+4
Sparkywolf
Pishkirlin
Azeitona
Piratus
8 posters

Go down

Glimmer of Light needs life support Empty Glimmer of Light needs life support

Post  Piratus Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:20 pm

Ahoy, Ascalonesee!
I have to inform you that the Glimmer of Light has been reduced to little more than a private chatroom between me and Grodanknorr.
There are never any pillages, there are almost never anyone online (I and Captinthe where suprised when we saw someone else log on today, making us 3 people online at the same time!) and there is almost no life left ni the crew.
I am very thankful for all of your support in theese last couple of months and that makes it even harder to ask for more, but I feel that without help from the outside, we simply can't run pillages (and thus make and keep members) anymore.
If some of you could join and run pillages for us from time to time (like Pishkirlin did, he is truly a king Wink ) that would greatly help us. If not, at least keep this in mind the next time we are asking for you to join our pillages.
Piratus
Piratus

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Glimmer of Light needs life support Empty Re: Glimmer of Light needs life support

Post  Azeitona Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:03 pm

I would run some pillages for u without any problem, but i am going to travel now... and i am not sure of the amount of time i will have available to play... and i will be in laptop... what makes impossible me to gun/bnav like i usually do in my pillages not filled with crew mates... lol
but as soon as i get there to see the time i have and everthing, i will try to run some pillages, or at least participate in your pillages

Azeitona

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Glimmer of Light needs life support Empty Re: Glimmer of Light needs life support

Post  Pishkirlin Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:40 pm

I'm afraid we could say the same about the Knights. We have never been Celebrated for longer than a couple of days before, while now it's been more than two weeks.

Anyway, yesterday when we ran the BK hunt I have been surprised by the number of applicants we got after I switched to Jobber's Delight, 80% restock. I guess if you want to survive nowadays that's the way to go.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:54 pm

Pishkirlin wrote:I'm afraid we could say the same about the Knights. We have never been Celebrated for longer than a couple of days before, while now it's been more than two weeks.
Aww, never realised it was so harsh for you guys as too.

Anyway, yesterday when we ran the BK hunt I have been surprised by the number of applicants we got after I switched to Jobber's Delight, 80% restock. I guess if you want to survive nowadays that's the way to go
Changing to 80%/jobbers delight is a small price to pay for activating the crew.
We have discussed this beofre, could we say it's now confirmed that jobber's delight will bring more jobbers?
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:17 pm

I feel bad.. I'd love to help and help the Knights too, but right now, I have obligations during the prime pillaging hours for both crews. Plus I'm finishing up my bachelor's at last and these final two months will be really crazy for me. I hope that I can clear up some time to log in if things settle down or while I look for a job this summer.

Good luck.. hopefully the switch to Jobber's Delight will help.
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubydeath Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Changing to 80%/jobbers delight is a small price to pay for activating the crew.
We have discussed this beofre, could we say it's now confirmed that jobber's delight will bring more jobbers?

I always used to run a very strict crew, cabin people were new players who could rank to pirate with Master gunnery rank or 2 other shipboard piracy stats at GM, they could advance to Officer with Master in bnav rank and some good overall piracy stats (to ensure they could operate any station if needed on their own pillage), Officer's to rank to FO needed alot of trust, advanced officer stats and to be an active pillager. FO to SO was given to those who had been with the crew for quite a substational amount of time and only to those who showed keen enthusiasm to help grow and develop the crew.

However, since coming back to the game after a short retirement I've found running a crew in such a manner is no longer possible. I've also had to turn to the 80% jobbers delight to be able to load a pillage and get ships to sea. I don't let people stay as cabin person (due to the lower division of booty) so promote immediatly to pirate (which is against my wishes... all those pirates having access to guns on a ship!! argh!), my officer rank is now for training officers (in the hope I can create some home grown officers to stick around for many months to come.) FO and SO will always remain the same kind of trust and dedication ranks to me.

Whether it's a sign of the declining PP population or a change in the type of players here I don't know but I do know I'm willing to do whatever just to keep my crew active and logging in. I have an advantage, my RL partner also plays PP, so we have taken to loading a Baghlah and just jobbing anyone who applies, with one of us gunning, the other can bnav and take on easier ships. The few good jobbers we get keep us afloat and the newer players tend to stare in awe at the amount of booty/poe they recieve. Buying a few TH or Forage maps to bump up the booty on the pillage is also a good idea. Likewise, we have on occassion added 5k to the booty at the end of the pillage for every battle won to try and keep jobbers around for longer. (We have an advantage, we don't do such pillages to make poe as we have other ways *cough poker cough* to make the poe to support us in the game.) However, an elite pillage with hearties/flag/crew mates is always a nice poe earner.
Rubydeath
Rubydeath

Crew: : Knights Of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:23 pm

Sparkywolf wrote:I feel bad.. I'd love to help and help the Knights too, but right now, I have obligations during the prime pillaging hours for both crews.
Don't worry, Sparky. We all know that fame is just a stat that only tells how much spare time the members of the crew have. I have less too but not for this reason the Knights are less united. We are a solid and established group, more Pirates and CP won't make any difference. I only miss a bunch of FOs and promising Officers who are currently dormant, but alas, I'm confident part of them will come back sooner or later.

Rubydeath wrote:I don't let people stay as cabin person (due to the lower division of booty) so promote immediatly to pirate (which is against my wishes... all those pirates having access to guns on a ship!! argh!)
Oh, boy! I forgot about that. This bloody Jobber's Delight really sucks. Maybe we should start a thread in GD.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:01 am

Just for the record, I ran a 4 man pillage yesterday. So it's not completley impossible to run pillages, just extremely difficult.
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubydeath Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:07 am

Hehe.. sorry for the VERY long blab earlier in this post. It was close to 5am here and I'd been awake Land Admiralling in a blockade. Was very tired but had to stick around to listen in on some post kade chats, (all whilst I knew my bed was waiting for me.. grr.)

I saw your post in game design Pish, I heavily support that too, cabin people should get the same cut as a pirate.
Rubydeath
Rubydeath

Crew: : Knights Of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Defrass Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:34 am

I'll try to help ye, just need to save some money for O badge..

Defrass

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:04 am

All your uspport is much apretieated. Smile
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaidwanted Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:02 am

wish i could help... í dont have much time to log on, and the moments i can, is often the time that no-one logs on. this dismotivates me and always make me log off after 5 mins, because it gets so bored, since i haven't got much to do.
i only can hope for the best, and maybe this will get over soon. everyone has it's moments, you can't avoid it. just hope mine will end soon, because i can't go on with this much longer... Sad

Zaidwanted

Crew: : Glimmer of light

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Sat May 22, 2010 10:01 am

I'm glad to tell you that we have grown from 12 to 20 members in just a few days (compare that to the Knights: 30).
The only think I can complain about is that we only have 5 officer+ in the crew. Wich means that likley there won't be a lot of pillages when the pirates are online.
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Sun May 23, 2010 12:38 pm

Piratus wrote:I'm glad to tell you that we have grown from 12 to 20 members in just a few days (compare that to the Knights: 30).
Nice job.
The only think I can complain about is that we only have 5 officer+ in the crew. Wich means that likley there won't be a lot of pillages when the pirates are online.
Yes, that's one of the issues where you have few officers or bnavers in general. Keep on recruiting, eventually you'll manage to find someone who can be trained to become and officer.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:18 am

Just for the record. We are down to 13 again. I can see a direct link between how often I run pillages and how the crew grows. This is a bad sign, since that means I am almost the only one running pillages.
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Grodanknorr Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:40 pm

im to lazy xD

Grodanknorr

Back to top Go down

Post  Defrass Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:12 am

i really think that greeter pillys can help... and even simple pillys, because there are lotsa pirates wanna be O. so u should try to promote some of them/and lock yer ships not to have trouble/ who own ships, so things wouldn't be problem just like with Viperpirate...

Defrass

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaidwanted Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:22 am

hmm... maybe not a too bad idea...

Zaidwanted

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down