Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
News from Blackie [updated] EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
News from Blackie [updated] EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
News from Blackie [updated] EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
News from Blackie [updated] EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
News from Blackie [updated] EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
News from Blackie [updated] EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

News from Blackie [updated]

+4
Defrass
Azeitona
Piratus
Pishkirlin
8 posters

Go down

News from Blackie [updated] Empty News from Blackie [updated]

Post  Pishkirlin Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:23 am

I was a bit reluctant to post about this issue here, but I think you should be aware of what happened. As you might have read on newspapers and internet or heard on the TV, last Saturday Chile has been hit by one of the most devastating earthquakes ever (8.8 magnitudo).
We don't have any news from Blackseagull, but I have been reading a lot about this and apparently Santiago, where she lives, has not suffered neither major damages, nor a high number of casualties. Nonetheless, in many areas of the city there is still power outage and probably the internet is down too. I don't expect to see her online anytime soon.
I have her mobile phone number though and I have been try to contact her, but it seems that the network is not working. I hope I'll finally manage to get in touch with her in the next hours, as I have read that they will be working on re-establishing the network today.
Till then we can't do anything else but hoping and praying for her.

Last edited by Pishkirlin on Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

News from Blackie [updated] Empty Re: News from Blackie [updated]

Post  Pishkirlin Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:17 am

She's alright!
She's alright!
She's alright!

Wooot! Thanks God. I have just managed to get in touch with her. She still has no power as I suspected and even her mobile phone doesn't work all the time. What a relief!

For those who had no idea about what we are talking about, here you can find several very eloquent pictures of the disaster. You'll see why I was so worried.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:12 am

What a relief! good to hear she is well pleased
Piratus
Piratus

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:19 am

What a relief! I was starting to get worry... the news dont stop telling us how bad it is... even now that people are getting arrested for stealing food from the supermarkets.

Good that pish had her phone number to call for some news, but since someone posted in the funny links topic that video clip Eletronick supersonick that have an acent close to pish's i keep imaging how fun would be he calling me... lol

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:34 am

Azeitona wrote:What a relief! I was starting to get worry... the news dont stop telling us how bad it is... even now that people are getting arrested for stealing food from the supermarkets.
You know I didn't mean it like that. I'm happy Blackie is allright. I am still sorry for the rest of Chile, ofcourse.

Good that pish had her phone number to call for some news, but since someone posted in the funny links topic that video clip Eletronick supersonick that have an acent close to pish's i keep imaging how fun would be he calling me... lol
Not to push this offtopic, but it was actually me who posted that.
Piratus
Piratus

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:16 am

Azeitona wrote:Good that pish had her phone number to call for some news, but since someone posted in the funny links topic that video clip Eletronick supersonick that have an acent close to pish's i keep imaging how fun would be he calling me... lol
The network is so screwed up that we only managed to communicate through SMS. I have tried to call her, but it didn't work. So no Electronick Supersonick this time.

By the way, guys. Maybe we should exchange some contact data one of these days.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Defrass Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:34 am

When i heard of this eathwuake, first time i tought to Blackie.... Really bad thing Sad
Hope, that not just her health is good, but there isn't many problems with her values Smile
Hope u'll be back soon Blackie Smile I love you

Defrass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:47 am

Phew! I didn't realize Blackie was in Chile.. I'm really glad to hear she's okay.

I know a fellow foodieblogger who is vacationing in Santiago for a month said via Twitter that while things are very shaken up, the city did not sustain very much damage at all as far as he could tell. Services are sporadic however. He said they'd had almost everything in his area of town cleaned up within a day of the quake, which is amazing considering the magnitude! Let's hope her neighborhood is in as good of shape.
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaidwanted Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:07 am

and i already thought things were damn wrong at haiti... Shocked

Zaidwanted

Crew: : Glimmer of light

Back to top Go down

Post  mmiimmii Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:17 pm

/Me wipes brow with relief...
Blackie be okay....
my heart and prayers goes out to all who have suffered in this frightful time...
I love you
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackseagull Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:20 am

Hey mateys!

I'm back and ok. I can't believe it's been more than a week. It was scary as hell and devastating in every way. I feel a deep anguish in my heart seeing what a terrible disaster this was and the magnitude of the results of the earthquake + tsunami.

I've been trying to help as much as I could this past week and now I'm starting to feel a bit happier seeing that things are slowly starting to get better. After the panic post earthquake, calm is beeing restored, help is getting where it's needed and we raised lots of money to start rebuilding and to give people homes again.

I didn't have internet even after the network and power were restored because lots of things broke in my apartment, including the thingy that gives me internet access :S

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts, e-mails, calls, SMSs and forum posts!

I love you

Blackseagull
Blackseagull
Blackseagull

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down