Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Ascalonese cuisine - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Ascalonese cuisine - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Ascalonese cuisine - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Ascalonese cuisine - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Ascalonese cuisine - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Ascalonese cuisine - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Ascalonese cuisine

+4
Blackseagull
Athika
Azeitona
Pishkirlin
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ascalonese cuisine - Page 2 Empty Re: Ascalonese cuisine

Post  Pishkirlin Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:41 am

Azeitona wrote:pish! is it ok if i send for u my recipes and pictures to u post for me? xD
I am sending 2 dishes in diferents e-mails.

/e hopes that he translate well... lol

Your 6 years old brother is striking back? lol
Send.

On the behalf of Azeitona:

Rice

Fry 1 chopped onion on oil on a pan.
Wash the rice and put it on the same pan and mix it with the onions.
Fill the pan with water so the water level is one finger above the rice level.
Add some chopped carrots and spinaches, some salt and close the pan.
When the water level is at the same level as the rice, turn off the heat and cover the pan with a newspaper sheet. (It’s ready! /o/)

Lentil

Fry 4 chopped garlic pieces on oil on a pressure pan (not 4 whole garlics! Lol)
Put 300g of lentil on the pan and fill it with water (water 3 fingers above the lentil level)
Cook it for 15 minutes.
It’s ready! /o/

Chicken

Cut chicken breast pieces in beef style.
Season it with salt, one spoon of rosemary, one lime (juice), and 4 pieces of crushed garlic.
Mix everything and let it sit for half a hour.
Fry the chicken on a fry pain with oil.

Ascalonese cuisine - Page 2 P7190377

Cuz-Cuz

Fry on chopped onion on the oil of two cans of sardines with chopped tomatoes. Spare some sardines and slices of tomatoes.
Put one can of green beans, 300g of shrimp and chopped palmito on a different pan. Add all the fry stuff in this pan too.
Add some chopped baked egg. Spare some slices of egg.
Add 2 cup of corn flour and 4 cups of water and mixed everything till is it cook.
Decorate the dish (the shape of the one in the picture… lol) with the sliced tomates, eggs and with the sardine.
Put everything in this dish, and wait until room temperature.
Take of the dish in a plate. (It’s ready! /o/)

Ascalonese cuisine - Page 2 P7190376
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamel Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:43 pm

This dish is brought to you by the royal society for the protection of culinary delicacies and cultural diversity.

President: Yamel
Vice-President/Secretary: Enblith

We apologize in advance for the long-windedness of this post and the abscence of a name tag in the picture.

Sunken treasures

[img]Ascalonese cuisine - Page 2 Sunken11[/img]

This dish, is made to be eaten as diner, but which can of course be eaten at any time of day since it is my personal philosophy that one should eat not when the clock says so but when his stomach says so. However most people will be wanting to eat this at exactly 7:30 pm, unless you eat warm at lunchtime, which isn’t that uncommon, especially in lands with hot climates; hot climates which are either due to approximately to the equator or the sea currents that bring a raise in temperature; in which case you could also eat this as lunch.

This dish is very easy to make. First for the ingredients. It is always a good idea to start with the ingredients since without them you won’t be cooking at all, which can be problematic if you got people over for dinner, in which case you’ll have to order a pizza or Chinese take-away. But because most people find it embarrassing to order food when they’ve got visitors, we will make sure that we got everything we need before starting the actual cooking. You’ll need:

- Lettuce or cabbage, the ‘or’ means that you can chose one of the two and don’t need to use both. However, if you like elaboration, you can actually try both, in which case the ‘or’ becomes ‘and’. When I say lettuce, you can actually use any kind of lettuce you want, although I would avoid iceberg lettuce. This might seem strange for it is a well liked species mainly appreciated in salads for it crispness. In the case of this dish, this crispness is exactly what one would wish to avoid,except for the few masochists under us who enjoy inflicting pain on themselves. You are of course entirely free to find your joy in whichever way though I would sincerely recommend against it for the duration of the preparation of this dish.

-Scallion or spring onion. Called spring onion even though with modern technology it can be cultivated the entire year but because it’s delicate odor and fresh color reminds of spring. It’s extended morphology will be what is needed in the closure of the wrapper for this will require the tying of a granny knot.

Now that we have sorted out the problem of the wrapper, let us proceed with the stuffing:

- Minced pork. Well aware that this is an unusual choice of meat and difficult to come by, it is still strongly preferred over it cousin minced beef not only for its capacity to maintain the intricate moistness of the meat as well as combining nicely with the taste of the chilies which we will treat next.

- Red chilies. I’d like to start of the presentation of this particular ingredient by putting emphasis on the word ‘red’. The redder the better. However much you might hate spicy food, if you are preparing this dish there is no way out. And if you do something one should do it well. Therefore I would like to mention once and for all; the pepper is red and so it should be.

- Capsicum annuum also known by the less educated as yellow pepper. This is one of the ingredients which serves no purpose whatsoever except in adding esthetic value to the dish. Indeed the bright yellow of the pepper symbolizes the wealth sought after by those hunting for the sunken treasures. However, useless does not mean dispensable, and only in severe cases of scarceness should one opt to proceed without.

-Seasoning among which parsley, salt and pepper. As you might have noticed none of the afore mentioned ingredients include a reference to amounts needed. Unfortunately I’m afraid this is a trend I would like to keep going as everything will depend on an individual’s tastes; for each human being should be respected for its ‘self’.

Finally we have reached the end of the main ingredients of the dish and follows a list of the accessory components which give this dish its splendor:

- Soup prepared from a simple stock solution. Recommended is vegetable stock but any sort of stock will do the job. Though indeed vegetable stock will not only enhance the flavors of both the scallion and the parsley whilst preventing an overwhelming coloring from spoiling the appearance of the dish.

- Noodles. Please take note that replacing the noodles by spaghetti is simply unthinkable and the utmost care should be taken while shopping for ingredients not to mistake the one for the other.
On a side note, packets of instant noodles can be purchased at your local supermarket. These noodles are accompanied by tinny bags of seasoning which can be used as a base for the soup.

We will now move on to a minute examination of the procedures involved in the creation of this god-inspired culinary “chef d’œvre”.
Mix the minced pork, chilies, yellow pepper and seasoning. Wrap it all in a leave of the cabbage and bind the parcel with some spring onion. Boil the parcels for approximately 7 min and 23 sec. Dissolve the stock in hot water and boil the noodles al dente (reminder: they are not spaghetti). Serve together in a deep plate.

A warm thank you to any who managed to read up till this point.

Sunken treasures® is a product of KoSG & Co

The author cannot be held responsible for any emotion or physical uneasiness experienced during or after the preparation or consumption of the afore presented dish.
Yamel
Yamel

Crew: : knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:23 pm

Is the picture taken by you?
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackseagull Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:44 pm

Here's Mmiimmii's cooking entry

Ascalonese cuisine - Page 2 Mmiimmiiscookingentry

Recipe:

Biscuits

2 cups flour
4 tablespoons shortening or butter
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
4 teaspoon baking powder

Sift dry ingredients together, cut in shortening till crumbly(lightly rubbed through hands is best),
add all the milk at once and mix till blended.
Put on board and knead a few times.
Roll out about an inch thick and cut into rounds.
Bake at 450 degrees on a ungreased cookie sheet for 10 - 12 mins.
You can add raisins or cheese and scallions or herbs to change it up.

YUMMMM...Very Happy
Blackseagull
Blackseagull

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:26 pm

Results of the cooking contest

First of all, I would like to thank all the participants to this amazing contest. Your response has been great and so were your dishes. You totally deserve the sangreazuls your entries will award... as for declaring a winner, remember that it's more matter of my tastes, I'm sure all what you have cooked is delicious and well executed.
Ok, now let's review your dishes.

Athika's Gul-o-bulbul and Mmiimii's cookies
You both have to deal with the same issue: unfortunately I'm not mad for sweet courses.
Anyway, your entries are nice and you'll get 10 sangreazuls for them.

Benke's PPpasta
I believe yours is a last minute dish (since you still weren't sure about entering the event when we talked about it, on Saturday), as such it's praiseworthy. Too bad I kind of hate tinned food, especially tuna... although I must admit when I run out of food and I'm too lazy to cook anything else, I often end up doing this very same dish.
Congratulations for your first 10 sangreazuls.

Azeitona's Chicken and Cuz-cuz
I'm impressed because you clearly put a lot of effort in what you made. While I like lentils, I am not particularly fond of chicken. As for the second dish, I can't really figure how it could taste, so it's very hard for me to judge. I'm sure you are happy with the 20 sangreazuls you get, which grant you a title along with the other you achieved during these events. Congratulations!

And the winners (yep, I couldn't choose only one) are...

Blackseagull's Dragon Lamb
You totally guessed the King's tastes. This recipe (lamb with tarragon) is what the Royal Family wanted to cook... before we saw your post. It's a perfect dish for Ascalonese cuisine, definitely a great idea!
You win an apron, a cleaver and 25 sangreazuls.

Yamel and Enblith's Sunken Treasures
Although I don't really like soup, the appearance of your dish and the nice introduction you wrote totally won me. Your pictures seems taken from a cooking book. Very nice job, guys.
You win an apron, a cleaver, 10 sangreazuls for your entry as a team and 15 sangreazuls each for winning. Congratulations!
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Benke Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:51 am

Pishkirlin wrote:
Benke's PPpasta
I believe yours is a last minute dish (since you still weren't sure about entering the event when we talked about it, on Saturday), as such it's praiseworthy. Too bad I kind of hate tinned food, especially tuna... although I must admit when I run out of food and I'm too lazy to cook anything else, I often end up doing this very same dish.
Congratulations for your first 10 sangreazuls.

Yes it was, next time I will post something more interesting, out of competition. And thank you for reward.
Benke
Benke

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Safebet Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:07 am

Pishkirlin wrote:Results of the cooking contest

Azeitona's Chicken and Cuz-cuz
I'm impressed because you clearly put a lot of effort in what you made. While I like lentils, I am not particularly fond of chicken. As for the second dish, I can't really figure how it could taste, so it's very hard for me to judge. I'm sure you are happy with the 20 sangreazuls you get, which grant you a title along with the other you achieved during these events. Congratulations!

You mean you didn't make and taste each recipe?!? Shocked

Safebet

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:04 am

This is a very late reply, in more than one sense, I apologize. But I browsed around the forums and realized we have to include Anchovies in parsley and olive oil to the Ascalonesee cuisine!
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:18 am

Piratus wrote:This is a very late reply, in more than one sense, I apologize. But I browsed around the forums and realized we have to include Anchovies in parsley and olive oil to the Ascalonesee cuisine!
Indeed! And I can even reveal you a secret... that barrel of anchovies Mortesecca stored in his shack has fantastic story behind that I might disclose on the occasion of the third anniversary of the Knights.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:41 am

A fantastic story behind a barrel of fish, you sure have a very good imagination. Razz
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2