Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Passage to Ascalon - 2nd edition EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Passage to Ascalon - 2nd edition EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Passage to Ascalon - 2nd edition EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Passage to Ascalon - 2nd edition EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Passage to Ascalon - 2nd edition EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Passage to Ascalon - 2nd edition EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Passage to Ascalon - 2nd edition

5 posters

Go down

Passage to Ascalon - 2nd edition Empty Passage to Ascalon - 2nd edition

Post  Chamberlain Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:10 pm

As you know, this event commemorates the founfing Myth and more precisely the voyage from Kasidim to Ashkelon Arch.
Since the overall theme of this year's celebrations is drink and food, we'll add some spice to the plain ship race. In fact, when Pishkirlin left Kasidim a blockade was underway and he really didn't have time to stock his ship. He had to deal with hunger and the need of alcoholic refreshment, so on his way to Ashkelon he made a few stops for foraging and even selling the fruits to the closest markets in order to buy some rum.

The race

The race is in three stages. The first and the third are about speed, the second one is mostly about strategy.

1. Kasidim - Arakoua
Set sail to Arakoua and forage.

The entrants' ships will be previously stuffed with 81 units of hemp (to make sure they can't contain anything else).
The starting time will be marked by the moment where the hemp will be removed from the hold, selling it dockside or moving it to another ship. The final time is when the last fruit is foraged (there must be 24 fruits or commodities foraged per team member).

2. Arakoua - Descartes
Sail, forage, trade fruits for rum.

Feel free to chart whichever course you like (even outside the route) and spend as much time as you want. The goal of this stage is gather as much rum as possible in the less time.

3. Descartes - Ashkelon
Set sail to Ashkelon Arch at full speed.

Make any kind of transaction with an island building and set sail. Once at Ashkelon buy or deliver a bid ticket.

Rules

The event begins on Monday 20, 0:00 Ascalon time. You can enter anytime you want, starting from that date and time. The events ends on Tuesday 21, 23:59 Ascalon time.

Sloops are the only ships allowed.

The ship chosen must be the same for all the voyage.

The only transactions allowed on the ship are selling and buying from and to island buildings. You can't move commodities from and to another ship, with the exception of the 81 units of hemp, that can be moved to a ship if no building is buying hemp (in this case you'll have less money to buy rum later though).

Teams are allowed and encouraged as long as their members hold different ranks within the crew or belong to different crews. Alts are not permitted. The maximum number of members per team is 2.

One can't be member of more than one team.

The vessel record of the ship used must show at least one foraging session per team member at Arakoua in the first stage and one in the second stage.

Score

There will be three partial scores and an overall one, the sum of which will result in the final score.

1. Score will be calculated according on time.
2. Score will be calculated according to the number of units of rum in the hold at Descartes.
3. Score will be calculated according on time.
The overall score will be calculated according to the overall time of the voyage, plus a 6 hours bonus for each unit of rum in the hold at Ashkelon.

Prizes

There will be prizes for the winning teams of each of the three stages, as well one for the final winners. Prizes will be announced before Monday.

Strategy

When planning your trip remember that you'll have to wait for your labour badge to "refill" before being able to forage again, after one session.
Bear also in mind that fruits have different prices depending on the archipelago you forage and sell them.

Final statement
Please follow this thread as a few changement may occurr before Monday, depending on people's feed-back.

Chamberlain

Back to top Go down

Passage to Ascalon - 2nd edition Empty Some Points

Post  Acerin Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:26 am

1) Will the ship sail rumless the first part of the race?
2) Can an independent pirate or one on another flag help me?
3) Are Batttles alowed? It's not easy, but maybe I could win a battle without cannonballs and then get some ball from the brigands and start making a lot of money and buy a lot of rum or get rum from the brigands. Not that i'm thinking it's a great idea but want to know, just in case.
4) Are Gold and Gems alowed to be used to get rum, in the case I forage some?

Good luck to everyone!
Acerin
Acerin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Passage to Ascalon - 2nd edition Empty Re: Passage to Ascalon - 2nd edition

Post  Pishkirlin Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:39 am

Thanks for your questions! They help everybody understand better the rules of the race.
Acerin wrote:1) Will the ship sail rumless the first part of the race?
Good point. Yes, the first stage is designed to be a rumless ride.
If you restocked the ship with the money from the hemp you would waste time... unless you believe buying a few units of rum will improve your puzzling performance enough to being worthy spending more time dealing with the trade interface. This is up to you. If you don't buy rum you will most likely use that money later in the second stage.

2) Can an independent pirate or one on another flag help me?
Yes, but please use it only as your last option. Said pirate won't anyway be eligible for prizes.

3) Are Batttles alowed? It's not easy, but maybe I could win a battle without cannonballs and then get some ball from the brigands and start making a lot of money and buy a lot of rum or get rum from the brigands. No that i'm thinking it's a great idea but want to know
Absolutely! It can be part of the strategy. We are of course speaking of the second stage.

4) Are Gold and Gems alowed to be used to get rum, in the case I forage some?
Yes, if you are so lucky to find a gem or gold you can sell them and buy a lot more rum.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackseagull Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:11 am

Chamberlain wrote:
2. Arakoua - Descartes

Feel free to chart whichever course you like (even outside the route) and spend as much time as you want. The goal of this stage is gather as much rum as possible in the less time.

Forage again? How? If we used up the 24 hours of labour already? We have to wait till we have at least an hour of labour available again? It doesn't matter if we forage even just one fruit this second time?

And what do you mean by "gather as much rum as possible"? Stealing it from brigands?
Blackseagull
Blackseagull

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:24 am

Blackseagull wrote:
Forage again? How? If we used up the 24 hours of labour already? We have to wait till we have at least an hour of labour available again? It doesn't matter if we forage even just one fruit this second time?
Strategy! You have 48 hours to complete the race and the rum you buy will give a bonus of 6 hours on the overall time. Do your maths. I believe that if you forage and sell your fruit in the right place it worths waiting for your badge to "refill".
Remember that the race is in three stages. In the second one time doesn't count, so you in this stage you might want to spend your time doing a bit of trading. It will consume time on the overall time, but like I said each unit of rum (non-consumed) gives you 6 hours bonus, so...

And what do you mean by "gather as much rum as possible"? Stealing it from brigands?
I mean mostly buying with the money you earn selling the fruits, but if you can earn some from brigands, that would be great.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:31 am

ok, some few questions before doing the race:

2. Arakoua - Descartes

3. Descartes - Ashkelon
Set sail to Ashkelon Arch at full speed.

Make any kind of transaction with an island building and set sail. Once at Ashkelon buy or deliver a bid ticket.

i can sell my fruits anywhere i want? right? but the rum must be bought in descartes to tell the time we leave there in the third stage?

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:32 am

if i win some money in a possible pillage, this money can be used to buy more rum?
if yes, its allowed to put all the money to the ship reestok, not getting any money for me, with that i would have more money to buy rum?

by the way, i will team with mmiimmii

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:48 am

Azeitona wrote:if i win some money in a possible pillage, this money can be used to buy more rum?
if yes, its allowed to put all the money to the ship reestok, not getting any money for me, with that i would have more money to buy rum?
Good question, I forgot about this detail.
You can use the money of the restock to buy rum, but you can't deposit money in the hold in order to buy rum, not even if it's money you won in the pillage. So if your logs show a transaction between you and the hold (deposit), you'll be disqualified.
So OK buying rum with restock share, not ok buying rum with your pocket money.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:48 am

and its allowed to put the reestook part to max and my part to a minimo? like, give me a -1 to more money go to restook?

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:21 am

the fruits i can sell anywhere anytime i want? (its a good idea sell them before trying to pillage... lol)
and the rum, i need to buy in descartes? or can i buy at kashgar or askhelon?
and can i go, sell the fruits in descartes, leave for pillage, forage more, sell more fruits...
and then buy the rum and set sail for askhelon arch?

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:52 pm

Azeitona wrote:and its allowed to put the reestook part to max and my part to a minimo? like, give me a -1 to more money go to restook?
Yes, but I'm not sure if it will work... if you have a partner it will increase her/his booty, not the restock. Not sure what happens if you don't have any.

the fruits i can sell anywhere anytime i want? (its a good idea sell them before trying to pillage... lol)
Yes.
and the rum, i need to buy in descartes? or can i buy at kashgar or askhelon?
Buy it wherever you want but the ones you have on Descartes counts for the second stage.
and can i go, sell the fruits in descartes, leave for pillage, forage more, sell more fruits...
and then buy the rum and set sail for askhelon arch?
I guess you can... (because I didn't get a word of what you said)
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:08 pm

ok, thanks. i think i am ready! xD

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:25 pm

Temporary results of the first stage
If anyone else entered or is going to enter, please let me know so I can check the vessel logs

Acerin
17 minutes

Azeitona and Mmiimii
22 minutes
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:29 pm

second place! /o/

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:25 pm

and the results of the second and third stage pish? lol

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:31 pm

Azeitona wrote:and the results of the second and third stage pish? lol
I haven't finished checking the logs. x-D
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:31 pm

Results of the race

1st stage

1. Acerin, 10 sangreazuls
1. Blackseagull and Yamel*, 5 sangreazuls each
3. Azeitona and Mmiimmii

2nd stage

1. Azeitona and Mmiimii, 10 sangreazuls
2. Acerin

3rd stage

1. Azeitona and Mmiimii, 10 sangreazuls
2. Acerin

Overall
1. Azeitona and Mmiimii 20 sangreazuls and a labour badge
2. Acerin
3. Blackseagull and Yamel

Despite the final result I'm particularly impressed by Acerin's job, who ended up only 2 units of rum behind Azeitona and Mmiimii. Great job!

P.S. Aze, according to my figures you are 5 points from a title. lol

* both Acerin and Blackseagull-Yamel team completed the stage in 17 minutes, for a technicality Yamel couldn't forage 24 fruits, but I'm going to assign them anyway the prize because it was not their fault.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:35 pm

wow! we won mmiimmi!! /o/

P.S. Aze, according to my figures you are 5 points from a title. lol

i hope get that in the cooking thing! xD because i really suck in art... lol

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackseagull Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:22 pm

Congrats Aze and Mmii! Well done!

Azeitona wrote:i hope get that in the cooking thing! xD because i really suck in art... lol
Lol Aze xD don't be silly, it doesn't matter! I don't expect masterpieces lol I just want you to participate and have fun Smile
Blackseagull
Blackseagull

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down