Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
So you want to become an Officer? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
So you want to become an Officer? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
So you want to become an Officer? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
So you want to become an Officer? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
So you want to become an Officer? EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
So you want to become an Officer? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

So you want to become an Officer?

3 posters

Go down

So you want to become an Officer? Empty So you want to become an Officer?

Post  Piratus Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:50 am

So you want to become an Officer?

As a Captain I keep getting requests from crewmembers wanting to become something higher than a Pirate of the crew, but as a Captain I have responsabilities to make sure that the Officers in my crew keeps some kind of a standard.

Different crews of course have different requirements.

The Knights of Saint George ask for this from anyone wanting to become an Officer:
  • Distinguished standing in battle navigation.
  • Master standing in one of the piracy skills.

The rules for The Glimmer of Light are:
  • Distinguished standing in battle navigation.
  • At least two distinguished(or higher) standings on the piracy puzzles

Thesee rules are made to make sure that the players running pillages are somewhat experienced.
A Captain must be sure that the Officer is a decent battle navigator and not a unfamiliar with the piracy puzzles. That way he knows the Officer will be likley to run succesful pillages, and that is what makes a crew succesfull.

So before you ask someone to promote you:
  • Read the requirements first, they are listed on the respective crew info page.
  • If you don't have the required skill. Work it up before bothering your Captain. There are plenty of guides on youtube, yppedia and even in this very forum. Reading/watching them is time well spent if you want to become something in the world of Puzzlepirates.

Last but not least, earning the right to play battle navigation doesn't mean one can now neglect the duty puzzles, even if it is your own pillage you will sometimes need your own work on the duty puzzles.

Last edited by Piratus on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piratus
Piratus

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

So you want to become an Officer? Empty Small note

Post  Piratus Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:53 am

It was tricky to find the right forum category to put this one on.
I was thinking about putting this on the Knight School for the Theory Of Piratical Mayhem at first, but I realize this is more of an announcement than a guide. Feel free to move it in case you think it fits better there, or someplace else.
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

So you want to become an Officer? Empty Re: So you want to become an Officer?

Post  Azeitona Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:56 pm

hey captain! i want be promoted... lol xD

u just have to work hard, that when the times comes u will be promoted xD

Azeitona

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:13 pm

I think the Knight School is the most appropriate place for this post and I agree with all what Piratus said.

I would like to add that the knights, before granting the officership, sometimes give to worthy midshipmen the chance to practice battle navigation in a pillage, ordering them to navigate in a few battles. We believe that this is the best way to familiarize with pillages. However such a prerogative has to be earned. We don't give the helm to anybody. Aspiring officers must prove themselves willing improve their skills first.

Last but not least, earning the right to play battle navigation doesn't mean one can now neglect the duty puzzles. Good officers should master the duty puzzles first and then focus on bnav. Both because we expect to see them helping one another in pillages led by their crewbies and because an officer who doesn't know how to puzzle won't be able to deal with difficult situations during his/her own pillages as well. Not to mention that winning the respect of your mates is very important and you can't do that without dedication and helpfulness.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:48 pm

Pishkirlin wrote:

Last but not least, earning the right to play battle navigation doesn't mean one can now neglect the duty puzzles.
I will steal that and put it in the first post Wink
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum