Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Furniture stall EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Furniture stall EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Furniture stall EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Furniture stall EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Furniture stall EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Furniture stall EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Furniture stall

3 posters

Go down

Furniture stall Empty Furniture stall

Post  Grodanknorr Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:52 am

Im thinking of startin a furniture stall when ill get alot of poe(s).
It will take a while but i need some advice bein Owner and also some tips were i should have it , for an example i maybe should have it in Addy( Admiral isle) Because there lives alot of peoples , plz come with many advice as you can i will need all of them...

Grodanknorr

Crew: : Glimmer of light

Back to top Go down

Furniture stall Empty Re: Furniture stall

Post  JamesStGeorge Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:34 am

JamesStGeorge
JamesStGeorge

Crew: : Knights of St George

Back to top Go down

Post  Grodanknorr Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:02 am

Thx James it will help me alot Smile Very Happy

Grodanknorr

Back to top Go down

Post  Grodanknorr Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:14 am

But anyone got more details about furniture stall what is most needed and more about that ? Shocked

Grodanknorr

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:39 pm

Take a look at a bazaar, you can see there what kind of commodities you will need for each product.
As I can see most of the furniture requier wood iron and varnish to be manufactured. Take some time to find islands were you can bid on thesee commodities, and find out if there is any island wich makes cheaper varnish than the others (or better yet, make a deal with someone who have a Apot. stall).

That way you can keep you cost down a lot, but you will need to ship the goods in yourself. I think it would be almost impossible to run a stall by buying everything dockside.

Let me give you some secret tips on were to find thesee commodities.

Scurvy reef is the place I used to get my iron from, bidding on iron over there cost 11-12poe/unit.
Nowadays Scrimshaw Island is where I get my iron from, there the bids are usually on 10poe/unit and the bids fill upp a bit faster Very Happy

Wood is avalible to bid on Wenslydale and Isle of kent, but the price of bidding there is not a lot better than the price of buying it directly. (22 poe on bid, 26 poe on dock, Wenslydale)
And I bet almost every single other furnisher is getting their wood using thoose (or cheaper, more distant) bids, so it won't give you an advantage over you competition.

I suggest getting you bids for wood on kashgar (or was it Askalon arch? I'm not really sure) becouse the highest bid over there is 15poe/unit. A lot cheaper than the 22 poe it cost to bid in this archipelago.

Get enough money to bid for at least 1000 units ( you could bid for less, but then you have to make that long trip more often) of wood and you will probably have enough wood for more than a week.

Then you will save about 4 poe on each unit of iron and 11 poe on each unit of wood.

You will also need hemp and different colored cloth for a lot of the furniture. Make a few bids and orders for thoose to.

So basicly, if you need a lot of something, everyday make large bids or orders to save money. Otherwise you won't stand a chance.

One last note, if you need medium cannonballs for making the "Cannon balls"-furniture or small cannonballs for making the "Small cannon balls"-furniture, pleae contact me. Maybe I will give you cb's for free in exchange for a discount on a sword rack.
Piratus
Piratus

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down