Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Flag flotilla attack? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Flag flotilla attack? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Flag flotilla attack? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Flag flotilla attack? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Flag flotilla attack? EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Flag flotilla attack? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Flag flotilla attack?

4 posters

Go down

Flag flotilla attack? Empty Flag flotilla attack?

Post  Piratus Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:03 pm

Ahoy maties!
This is my first post so I think it would be nice to introduce myself. You might skip it if you want Smile

I am Piratus Senior Officer in the Glimmer of Light. I have been playing since april or may and is a close friend to Swedempa and Swesvempa in real life.
Allthough they stopped playing some time ago, but I am still enjoying this game and our fine flag.

Ok, here is the idea itself

I tried to send my Dhow into a flotilla once, just to try it and to have some fun (non-sinking of course) Frame came along with her Sloop as well. I got a real thrill by attacking them, but unfortunately my Dhow was 'sunk' and I left her alone in the mess.

Then the idea came to me, why not join together ships from several of our crews and go in together?
We will learn to cooperate between our crews, we will make some poe and we will all have fun while doing it.

The flotilla I am sugesting is the non-sinking one between Deadlight Dunes and Albatross Island, in the Osprey archipelago.
I have no idea what date would be good so I will leave that to discussion, but if you think it is a good idea you may take your ship to a nearby island and port it there already to save time. Even if it will just be you and me I will gladley go in.
Any ship, even sloops, are welcome but I want the bulk of our fleet to be of more powerfull ships like Dhows, War Brigs, Longships, etc.
Remember:
Except from the time to get there and the cannonballs and rum, you can't loose anything on a non-sinking flotilla
I hope we will get a lot of ships to the flotilla attack mates. :pirat:
Piratus
Piratus

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Flag flotilla attack? Empty Re: Flag flotilla attack?

Post  Pishkirlin Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:07 pm

Thank you for suggesting such a nice idea and welcome to the forum!

It could be done, although I am not sure how excited our crew members will be: flotillas are fun for the bnaver, but quite boring for jobbers. Nonetheless there is some people who regularly job for them. Relying on jobbers is dangerous, they have little patience and often they are not even skilled enough to give real help - I have navigated only once (a wb) and I remeber running out of tokens quite often.

As for what ship taking in... the smaller you use, the faster you sink. But loading a WF is most certainly impossible (especially for a non-sinking) and it is not our goal: we want to go in with a couple of ships. Two baghlahs (18x2) might be hard to fill, longships and dhows are weak... but if we want just to have fun, they could work. Another solution just for fun could be... a sloop invasion! lol
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Oremus Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:11 pm

Filling ships is probably going to be difficult. Which flotilla are you thinking of, by the way?

Also, the defending ships (The red ones) we spawn are calculated by how much we send in, so more ships doesn't make it easier on that front.
However, sinking the green ones will be a lot easier.

If we fill a frig/brig and a few small ships we'll probably spawn 2 WFs (Although, I think the red ones spawned somewhat depend on what flot you attack) and if you're on a smaller ship, you're probably going to get crushed between the battle of the titans.

Problems notwithstanding. I think it's an awesome idea.

In terms of jobbers finding it boring, if they don't enjoy it - they don't have to come. Either way, there's nothing stopping us from trying.

Count me in.

Oremus.

Oremus

Crew: : Knights of St. George

Back to top Go down

Post  Leoric Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:14 pm

Pishkirlin wrote: I have navigated only once (a wb) and I remeber running out of tokens quite often.

Yes I was running a brig in that particular flot as well. We jobbed for two different crews and still were able to fill them up pretty well. Again i ran out of moves as well albeit after you did pish. But yes i believe its a great idea to do instead of running pillies day after day. However i would rather wait until there are ones closer to our bases of operations. That way getting the ships here isn't a long laborous process.

Last edited by Leoric on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leoric
Leoric

Crew: : Freeboters Gangway

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:13 am

Thanks for responding.
I was thinking about the Azarbad the Great flotilla in Osprey Archipelago.

However i would rather wait until there are ones closer to our bases of operations. That way getting the ships here isn't a long laborous process.
Good point. I found it very difficult to get my ship over there since there was no shipyards in the archi to buy charts from.
I will tell you guys if I find a flotilla that is closer to us.
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:13 pm

Ther is a flotilla at Basset Island. Is that something to try to get in to?
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down