Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Your top 10 movies EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Your top 10 movies EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Your top 10 movies EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Your top 10 movies EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Your top 10 movies EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Your top 10 movies EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Your top 10 movies

+3
Pishkirlin
Leoric
Chamberlain
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Your top 10 movies Empty Your top 10 movies

Post  Chamberlain Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:38 am

I have recently had an interesting debate with some of you about a couple of movies (The Princess Bride and Pirates of the Caribbean), so I thought it could be fun if everybody listed his/her top 10 movies. I don't like that much rating and ranking things, but as a game it could be fun.
An explanation of your choices would also be very welcome.

Books will come next.

Chamberlain

Back to top Go down

Your top 10 movies Empty Re: Your top 10 movies

Post  Leoric Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:53 pm

Hmm this is a hard question so i will just saying my favorite movies i guess. No particular order or ranking though i don't like to do that.

The Usual Suspects
Braveheart
Gladiator
Live Free or Die Hard
The Princess Bride
Transporter
Shooter
Inside Man
Kingdom
Death Race

They are all movies I love to watch again and again. Though most of them are newer movies these are probably my top ten again i don't usually classify things as favorites and stuff like that. So i don't have much of an explanation Smile.
Leoric
Leoric

Crew: : Freeboters Gangway

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:30 pm

Wow! I haven't even heard of most of them. Probably because they are quite new (wait to see my list...). Could you please tell me something more of the following ones?
Leoric wrote:
Transporter
Shooter
Inside Man
Kingdom
Death Race

Leoric wrote:
The Princess Bride
Nooooooooooooooooo! Damn it!I bet with Fairylass and Blackseagull that TPB was overrated in the IMDB ratings because of the 18-29 Female users. Now you invalidate my theory. *fistshake
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Leoric Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:25 am

Ok ill try:
Transporter: Jason Statham plays a "driver" would delivers goods from one party to another. Basically one package that he looks at contains a girl inside it so the people that hired him try to kill him. So he has to find out why and get them. Lots of action which are what most of the movies i like are.
Shooter: Mark Whalberg is an ex-sniper for the US army who is setup for the murder of the president of an african country thats name escapes me. So he has to uncover the secrets that are behind his setup and prove his innocence.
Inside Man: Guy plans a brilliant bank robbery. It goes through the robbery and his plan to escape and outwit the detectives.
Kingdom: Terrorist attack in the kingdom aka Saudi Arabia, FBI agent is killed. Another FBI team gets sent in to find out what happened and catch those responsible for planning the attack.
Death Race: Man is setup and sent to prison. In prison their is a game that is created called Death race where the competitiors have to race other inmates while trying to stay alive. Centers around the man trying to find out who set him up and why and how to get back at them.

The princess bride is one of my favorite movies of all time. I actually got the new DVD collector's set thing for christmas last year. I enjoy watching the movie and think it is both funny and entertaining. So Razz
Leoric
Leoric

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:11 am

Ok, here is my list.

1. 2001: A Space Odyssey (Kubrick, 1968)
I heartily suggest reading this review. Thus Spoke Zarathustra is one of my favourite books, a movie that brings on the screen its philosophy in such original way deserves being at the top of my list.

2. Apocalypse Now! (Coppola, 1979)
Another great movie that revises Heart of Darkness in a modern war scenario. Brilliant. Outstanding performance of Marlon Brando (one of my favourite actors). Kurtz's last line give me the shivers. "The horror, the horror...".

3. The Easy Life (Il sorpasso) (Risi, 1962)
My third place goes to an underrated Italian movie. It is actually quite appreciated as a good portrait of Italy in the early 60's, but on my opinion there is a deeper level that a very few people have grasped. I think the movie it's actually a sort of Bildungsroman for one of the characters, whose travel along with the older one is nothing but the passage to the adult age. Vittorio Gassman in the role of the scoundrel is simply amazing.

4. A Clockwork Orange (Kubrik, 1971)
Again Kubrick. Yes, my favourite director. It's about a couple of topics I like: struggle between nature and culture, man's free will, future society. All in a movie! Oh, and the action combined with such a soundtrack! I'd watch the theatre and the Flat Block Marina scenes over and over again.

I think my list ends here. These are the 4 movies I like the most. I've been thinking of the 6 spots left since yesterday and I can't come to any conclusion. The truth is that there are a lot of movies that I love, but I couldn't rank them like I did for these 4. I'll simply list them:

The Seven Samurai (Kurosawa, 1954); Full Metal Jackets (Kubrick, 1987); Psycho (Hitchcock, 1960); Oldboy (Chan-wook, 2003); La dolce vita (Fellini, 1960); Cidade de Deus (Meilleres, 2002); Eyes Wide Shut (Kubrik, 1999); Pi (Aronofsky, 1998); Trainspotting (Boyle, 1996); American History X (Kayne, 1998); as well as the Italian-style comedy (Italian movies from the 60's) and movies by Bergman and Tarkovski.

I like them, but slightly less:
Planet of Apes (Schaffner, 1968); C'era una volta il West (Leone, 1968); One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Forman, 1975); Barry Lyndon (Kubrick, 1975); Blade Runner (Scott, 1982); The Silence of the Lambs (Demme, 1991); The Shawshank Redemption (Darabont, 1994); Se7en (Fincher, 1995); The Usual Suspects (1995); La vita è bella (Benigni, 1997); The Sixth Sense (Shyamalan, 1999); Memento (Nolan, 2000); Requiem for a Dream (Aronofsky, 200); Mulholland Drive (Lynch, 2001); Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (Jeunet, 2001); Hotel Rwanda (George, 2004);

For the entertainment:
Mary Poppins (Stevenson, 1964); Dr. Strangelove (Kubrick, 1964); The Godfather (Coppola, 1972); Amici miei 1 & 2 (Monicelli, 1975 and 1982); The Raiders of the Lost Ark (Spielberg, 1981); Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Spielberg, 1989); Black cat, white cat (Kusturica, 1998); The Matrix (Wachowski, 1999); Ratatouille (Bird, 2007).

Big absents (comparing to the IMDB ranking):
The Dark Knight: I haven't watch it yet
Il Buono, il brutto, il cattivo: nice but Western movies are not my favourite kind, with one exception: C'era una volta il West from the same director.
Pulp Fiction: the first time I watched it I thought it was very good, the second much less. I wouldn't watch it a third time.
Schindler's List: Spielberg is a blockbuster-maker. Too easy to make a movie about holocaust and touch people's feelings. Benigni with La vita è bella at least has been original, adding a touch of humor.
Star Wars: I admit I should watch it again, cause last time I did I was quite young. But I also admit that I generally mistrust movies (and books and so on...) that become a pop culture phenomenon (see below).
The Lord of the Rings: I think I will end up mentioning it in my books ranking as well... as a big failure. The movie didn't catch me either: too damn long, exactly like the book.
Casablanca: good movie, not my liking though.
Goodfellas: highly overrated like any gangster story. Why the heck people like so much gangsters and pirates? They were murderers! To the hell with them!

I haven't watched yet: 12 Angry Men, Rear Window, North by Northwest, Citizen Kane, Sunset Blvd.

For the movie-lovers, I suggest buying a great book: 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die. It helped me a lot choosing what movie to watch.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leoric Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:15 am

Lets see i have never seen any of your top 4 and really don't have any plan on seeing them. The Shawshank Redemption is a great movie and one of my favorites so is Se7en. The sixth sense is alright not a huge movie now looking back because twists are common place in movies nowadays. Hotel Rwanda is also a great movie very powerful and i would suggest everyone watch it once. The Godfather was decent however watch maybe the last 2 hours of it. Both the Indiana Jones movies are fun to watch but i don't think would have any of them be close to the top or even my favorites. The dark knight is a good movie if you like the superhero comic book stuff. I enjoy watching Star Wars the older ones are much better than the new ones and i don't think i will ever not like to watch the movies. The Lord of the Rings is alright not a huge fan of them anymore. The untouchables is a much better gangster movie, in my opinion, than the Godfather and Goodfellas if you have to see a mob movie see The Untouchables. Citizen Kane i a m not a fan of its an alright movie for its time period but sad movie.

Im actually going to change mine because I forgot how much I love the movie Michael Clayton maybe its because i might become a lawyer but i love it.
Leoric
Leoric

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackseagull Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:50 pm

Oh films… watching movies is definitely one of my passions. As a film-lover, it seems almost impossible to choose only 10! There are so many wonderful movies I love. Here’s my list in no particular order:

- The Lord of the Rings (1,2,3) – Loved every second of this wonderful depiction of Tolkien’s fantastic world. I’m waiting impatiently for The Hobbit now.

- A Clockwork Orange – Left me speechless the first time I watched it, and still does. Amazing.

- El Laberinto del Fauno – Wonderful, terrible, magical, beautiful, violent, fantastic, sad.

- Batman Begins / The Dark Knight – Christopher Nolan’s depiction of Batman is by far the best I’ve seen. It goes back to the roots, to the original comics (which were very dark) and makes them real. Wonderful films, incredibly well done. And yes, Batman is definitely my favourite superhero. Why? Because he’s the only one that has NO superpowers!

- The Princess Bride – Definitely one of my favourites, I’ve watched it lots of times and still enjoy every second of it! (Woot Leo! xD)

- 2001: A Space Odyssey – Amazing journey to a visual symphony, a masterpiece. Omg HAL 9000!

- Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade – This has got to be in my favourites list. I’ve watched it lots of times and still have lots of fun with it. I just love Indy! And Sean Connery as his father, is just perfect. (Raiders of the Lost Ark goes here as well, but gave the honour to The Last Crusade because of the wonderful addition of Indy's father - the portrait of their relationship was amazing).

- The Shawshank Redemption – Simply brilliant. “Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.” – Letter from Andy Dufresne.

- The Silence of the Lambs – Always among my favourites. Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter is simply superb. I can’t help but feeling I wish I could have a deep conversation with the brilliant Dr. Lecter! lol.

- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind – Wonderful, bizarre movie. Loved it! "How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd." - Alexander Pope.

Shocked Oh no, already 10 lol but I’ll keep on going anyway xD.

- The Green Mile – Miracles do happen. Fantastic and beautiful film, absolutely faithful to the book. Touches me deeply every time I watch it.

- La Vita è Bella – Outstanding, beautiful, wonderful.

- Memento – A film that just can’t be “forgotten”.

- The Sixth Sense – Great film, I absolutely loved it.

- The Matrix – Awesome.

- Fight Club – Brilliant.

- Léon, the professional – Beautiful film. Got a plant like that lol.

- The Prestige – Simply amazing.

- American History X – Outstanding, powerful, intense.

- Se7en – Brilliant, disturbing, wonderfully made.

- WALL-E – Beautiful! I loved it.

- Mononoke-Hime (Princess Mononoke) – What a beautiful film! Hayao Miyazaki’s wonderful creation plus Joe Hisaishi’s wonderful music = Absolutely beautiful animation film.

Films that deserve to be listed:

- Sin City – Loved it. When comics come to life…
- Le Scaphandre et Le Papillon – Artistic, touching, deep, food for thought.
- Kill Bill (1,2) – Awesome.
- Le fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulain – Beautiful.
- Magnolia – A masterpiece often misunderstood.
- V for Vendetta – Simply amazing. Loved it.
- Oldboy – Outstanding. Left me with a “Wow” feeling for a long time.
- Requiem for a Dream – Left me speechless. Disturbing, intense, deep, brilliant.
- Apocalypse Now – Oh the horror, the horror. Outstanding.
- Braveheart – Wonderful. I just loved it.

Sorry but I just can’t choose 10! Lol and the terrible thing is that I probably left a lot out lol.
I would've kept going if I hadn't realised my post was already terribly long! lol :roll: Never ask a movie-lover to list their favourites and expect a short answer! Razz

Last edited by Blackseagull on Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Blackseagull
Blackseagull

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:48 pm

Blackseagull wrote:- The Lord of the Rings (1,2,3)
You know what I think, we have discuss about it. A movie that lasts 12 hours for me it just... inconceivable!

- A Clockwork Orange
- 2001: A Space Odyssey
It seems that we have similar tastes here.

- El Laberinto del Fauno
- Batman Begins / The Dark Knight
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- The Green Mile
- Sin City
- Le Scaphandre et Le Papillon
- Fight Club
- Léon, the professional
- The Prestige
– Miracles do happen
- WALL-E
- Mononoke-Hime
I haven't seen them yet. But they all (almost) are on my list of "to be watched" list.

- The Princess Bride
Unfortunately you already know what I think about it.

Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade – This has got to be in my favourites list. I’ve watched it lots of times and still have lots of fun with it. I just love Indy! And Sean Connery as his father, is just perfect. (Raiders of the Lost Ark goes here as well, but gave the honour to The Last Crusade because of the wonderful addition of Indy's father - the portrait of their relationship was amazing).
Interesting. Aye, I like Indiana Jones too... and Indy III was the first movie I watched in a theatre (I was 11)! I completely agree on what you said about Sean Connery: I think I like the sequel even more than the original. Ah, I see I'm not the only fan of Indiana Jones disappoined by the Temple of Doom. I haven't watched yet the last one, but they told me it sucks too. Sad

- The Shawshank Redemption
- The Silence of the Lambs
Masterpieces that are on my list too. A bit lower, though.

- Kill Bill (1,2)
I think it's overrated like Pulp Fiction.
Magnolia – A masterpiece often misunderstood.
Evidently I'm one of those who misunderstood it. Also Tom Cruise at its worst performance? Not that I like him as an actor, but in action movies and "Eyes wide shut" has done better. I don't know why, but I associate this movie with Crash, another one that quite disappointed me.

- V for Vendetta
I could have add it on my "entertainment" list, but... I don't know. It didn't catch me that much and I think Natalie Portman has been a bad choice as a leading actress.

- Oldboy
- Requiem for a Dream
- Apocalypse Now
Here you have my seal of approval (2 of them are on my list too). Requiem for a Dream is from the same director of Pi, but I liked the latter better. Anyway RfaD is a great movie too, undeniable.

- Braveheart
Overrated, IMO.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackseagull Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:53 am

Pishkirlin wrote:... inconceivable!
Lol Pish, something from The Princess Bride stayed with you xD

Interesting. Aye, I like Indiana Jones too... and Indy III was the first movie I watched in a theatre (I was 11)! I completely agree on what you said about Sean Connery: I think I like the sequel even more than the original. Ah, I see I'm not the only fan of Indiana Jones disappoined by the Temple of Doom. I haven't watched yet the last one, but they told me it sucks too. Sad
Lol I love Indiana Jones and my favourite is The Last Crusade, it's wonderful! And yes, The Temple of Doom is the worst of the three (though lots of fun anyway, I just can't help but loving these movies even when they suck Razz). The last one? The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is errr... umm... *cough... interesting? lol well, it's just that it's a bit too much. But anyway, it's Indy! I had to watch it as soon as it came out.

Masterpieces that are on my list too. A bit lower, though.

I listed them all in no particular order, that's just the order in which I thought of them.

Magnolia - Evidently I'm one of those who misunderstood it. Also Tom Cruise at its worst performance? Not that I like him as an actor, but in action movies and "Eyes wide shut" has done better.

It's interesting how this movie affects people in such opposite ways. Either you love it or you hate it. And I think the perception of the performances is particularly interesting as well, I think this is one of Tom Cruise's best performances lol. I've had lots of discussions about this film in particular and everybody feels strongly one way or the other. Interesting.

- V for Vendetta - I could have add it on my "entertainment" list, but... I don't know. It didn't catch me that much and I think Natalie Portman has been a bad choice as a leading actress.
I loved this film, and somehow to me it felt like a cross of The Matrix and The Phantom of the Opera, or something like that rofl. Such an interesting mixture, and such intense dialogues made me really love it. Loved Hugo Weaving in this role. Perhaps Natalie Portman wasn't the best choice, but her beautiful face was a great contrast to V. At least visually, she was perfect.

PS: Great thread by the way! Very Happy
Blackseagull
Blackseagull

Back to top Go down

Post  Leoric Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:09 am

I like V for Vendetta but more because of the undertonings of political strife and the people's right to revolution. One of my favorite movies again i don't like only choosing ten so my list will keep changing as movies are discussed.

I believe that Raiders of the Lost Ark is the best one of the trilogy with the temple of doom being the worst. Last Crusade is close to lost ark but i like the first better, still light years ahead of temple of doom. I like the rugged lone Indiana rather than having to worry about his father even though Sean Connery is awesome. i have no plan on seeing the 4rth one though too me its become like the rocky movies no need to add movies with aging actors the first three were great don't ruin it by hading more. Thats pretty much the rule. Exception the Die Hard movies which are all great movies.

Other omissions to my list that completely slipped my mind are Bond movies in which i would like to add some. Favorites are the newest one Casino Royale, Man with the Golden Gun, Tomorrow Never Dies, Goldfinger. Plus can't wait to see the one that is coming out soooooooon Smile.

Shocked I just remembered a movie I love called Equilibrium with Christian Bale, it is a lot like V for vendetta but with a lot more martial arts and matrixesque fight scenes. If you liked V for Vendetta I suggest watching this movie too.
Leoric
Leoric

Back to top Go down

Post  Scatterbrain Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:24 am

i'm not even going to count...

in no particulair order:

The shawshank redemption

American history X

the pianist (insanity of the mass destruction camps in WWII)

de tweeling (partly dutch partly german movie about a set of twins that was broken. Both grew up in the 30's and early 40's in nazi germany and neutral/conquered netherlands)

der untergang (impressive to see the insanity that almost completely destroyed europe)

rise of evil (pretty much the same as the above)

shindlers list (also about the insanity of the WOII)

Apocalypse now

and a bit lighter movies:
gladiator
LOTR 1-3
Starwars 1-6
diehard 1-3 (just simple entertainment)
dune (the miniseries)
highlander 1-4 (still haven't seen the new 5th movie)
alexander
arthur
and more loosly based on historic events/figures action/adventure movies
Scatterbrain
Scatterbrain

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:45 am

Updating somehow my list.
The Dark Knight: I haven't watch it yet
I just did, right after Batman Begins, like Blackie suggested me to do (wow, I spent my last 3 hour watching Batman movies). So, why the heck is the third highest ranked movie in IMDB? Why is people so fascinated by it? The Joker character is inconsistent, despite the outstanding performance of Ledger but I think his death added popularity to it.
And I am SICK of action movies with time bombs. Why can't we get rid of this stupid stereotype?
Sorry, this movie sucks.

EDIT: I'm reading about the reception of the film on Wikipedia:
[...] He says Bale is "electrifying", evoking Al Pacino in The Godfather Part II
ROFL. Are we kidding? What Bale evokes to me is what Sergio Leone said about Clint Eastwood: "he has two face expressions: one with a hat and one without a hat". Bale is expressionless like Eastwood, did the director choose him because he wanted one expression with the mask and one without it?
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leoric Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:02 am

First off maybe it is your lack of knowledge on comic books and things of that sort. But the Joker character that Heath Ledger portrays is exactly how the joker should be played. He is in no way inconsistent, constantly toying with batman and being ruthless and uncaring throughout the entire film. I cared nothing about Heath Ledger's death in seeing this film, not to mention he was shooting another movie before he died. I also like Aaron Eckhart's character in dealing with the thought of justice and revenge. Think of the time bomb with a literary mind it is a challenge and choice between two evils, the hero losing, it will always be around even though i can't think of any other movies with time bombs.
Leoric
Leoric

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:29 am

I wasn't talking about how Ledger played the character, on the contrary I said his performance was outstanding. I'm talking about the psychology of the character. You might be right, it's certainly because I don't know the comic, but as a spectator I think the Joker is psychologically bad conceived (I don't know if it's the movie's fault or the comic's fault).
He says:
Do I really look like a guy with a plan? [...] The mob has plans. The cops have plans. Gordon's got plans. You know…they're schemers. Schemers trying to control their little worlds. I'm not a schemer. I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are.
Yeeeeeees. You look like a guy who has plans. So this dialogue is bullshit. At one point Gordon says that the Joker PLANNED to be caught to be in jail with Lau. He PLANNED the robbery at the bank in the first part, he PLANNED the boat "sociological experiment" and so on... Wow! To me this looks like a guy with plans!!! A psychopathic who just wants chaos blows bombs in random places, he doesn't plan anything. He would be perfect as a serial killer, not as a mad anarchist.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackseagull Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:03 am

Like I said before and Leo said it too, Nolan takes Batman back to his origins and that's why everybody in the comics world loved it. Finally a Batman movie portrayed Batman as the real Dark Knight and not a silly cartoonish figure like in the previous ones. These movies have depth, here Batman is complete, psychologically complete as a person, he has depth and seems human. (Batman Begins - The Dark Knight)

About the Joker... I think this is the best Joker ever. And I don't think Ledger's death has anything to do in the appreciation of his performance. I think he played the role wonderfully and created a real Joker, the original one from the comics. A Joker with psychological depth.

About the plans thing, I think the answer is right there on that quote. The last sentence gives his reasons.

Do I really look like a guy with a plan? [...] The mob has plans. The cops have plans. Gordon's got plans. You know…they're schemers. Schemers trying to control their little worlds. I'm not a schemer. I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are.

To me the joker's mind was perfectly wrong, perfectly conceived. He says "I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are". That is the answer he shows in the entire film. The "plans" you mention are just "little plans" to create chaos and confusion.

The real plans are the ones he talks about, the huge ones, the plans we all make for our lives, long-term plans. The joker's plans are almost out of the blue, he thinks about something... he does it, little plans to create chaos.

He says he's an agent of chaos, he doesn't "just do things". The difference here is that he is intelligent... he thinks. He wants to do something, he thinks about how to do it and does it... every person with intelligence will have to make a "little plan" in their minds if they want to achieve things, at least they have to think about how to do it.

If the Joker hadn't done it, that would've been inconsistent to me. He wanted to show "schemers" they can't control everything... that's it.

Aww Heath Ledger R.I.P. Sad
Blackseagull
Blackseagull

Back to top Go down

Post  Leoric Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:25 am

I think you are analysizing it a little to closely pish. The joker is a contradicting and chaotic character. The whole point is to cause confusion and dismay shows you haw it is a good movie because its working on you in real life. He is saying that because he is trying to get people to think a certain way about him also hes separating himself from everyone else putting him above them. His plans aren't like normal plans he is not the actor of them other people are. With the boat he isn't killing anyone the people are all he did was put the bombs there. Same with the time bombs he is distancing himself from life and letting others inact upon situations that he planned not specific set steps and outcomes.
Leoric
Leoric

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:58 pm

I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are.
He does the same mistake when he EXPECTS an explosion on the boats and nothing happens. If at that point he had said, "this shows how pathetic schemes are" and had laughed, it would have conquered me. Unfortunately it wasn't brilliant enough.
And anyway, I will repeat it again and again... he wants chaos: that's QUITE A BIG PLAN, in my opinion. Agent of chaos? Lol. Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, nice quote for a forum signature. Too bad chaos doesn't need any agent. He said "Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little...push!". Oooooooooooooooops. Gravity? Isn't it called LAW OF GRAVITY?! The way they conceived his mind, he complies to laws. He's unlikely what he wants us to think he is.
But I'm glad you think differently.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Your top 10 movies Empty RE: TOP 10 MOVIES

Post  mmiimmii Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:09 pm

I love the movies...i have more then 10 but here's my favs that come to mind...

1. Happy Birthday Wanda June,,,,about a guy stuck in a tree for 7 years and comes home to find mayhem with his wife and son...wanda june is a little gurl who was hit by an ice cream truck on her birthday and her birthday cake gets brought for the son..Rod Stieger stars...kinda a weird ending

2. Of course The Princess Bride

3. Boondock Saints love this movie a trillion stars...Willam De Foe rocks in this

4. A Knights Tale quote " you have been meassured and wieghed and found wanting"

5. The original Deathrace 3000 with Carridine

6. Kill Bill 1

7. Kill Bill 2

8. Kill Bill 3

9. There's Something About Mary "franks and beans franks and beans"...if u haven't seen it
please do.. funny

10. Lord Of the Rings 1, 2 and 3

There thats just off the top of my head..i love propaganda films too love to see how governments try to fool the peoples....

Very Happy
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:57 am

Just watched SIn City.
Quite too violent without being revealing. But the direction is awesome. I agree with this review:
Really, there will be no reason for anyone to make a comic-book film ever again. Miller and Rodriguez have pushed the form as far as it can possibly go.
Aye, this is how a comic-book should be brought to screen.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:02 pm

I've just finished watching "The thin red line".
Wow.
Highly recommended.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Your top 10 movies Empty YOUR TOP TEN MOVIES

Post  mmiimmii Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:51 pm

Last night a friend came by with the movie Postal....extemely vulgar and violent and oh so funny...well i thought so..if you have delicate feelings or cant see the funny in someone being blown to bits ...i recommend don't watch it..but if you can appreciate the irony of life well watch and giggle..not recommended fer children..
:lol:
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  jhony Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:03 pm

so you want our top ten movies
jhony
jhony

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:19 pm

jhony wrote:so you want our top ten movies
This is an old thread we might re-bump anytime someone watches a movie that on his/her opinion deserves being listed here, like I just did for "The Thin Red Line".
In the past I've picked movie from other's lists when I wanted to watch a new movie, so feel free to share your list too!
It is also a good way to know each other better. Smile
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  jhony Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:41 pm

here is my list:
1.the empire of rising sun
2.the power of one
3.silent hill
4.the exorcist
5.bridge to terabithia (this movie made me cry :no: )
6.tomb raider 1+2=great!
7.little Manhattan
that is all
jhony
jhony

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:14 am

Finally I had the chance to see a movie that has been on my "to watch" list for long time:

The Mission

It is simply beautiful and I think it goes straight into my top ten list. I don't understand why it's so underrated. I am aware that as a movie it is not perfect and probably the story is not well-developed as it should and so are the characters, whose infinite potential (both as psychology of the character himself and as skill of the actors) has been wasted in too few lines.

Nonetheless it is emotionally very intense thanks to the topic (quite historically accurate either). The cinematography is perfect and the music is simply heavenly. I also love how the director disseminated the movie with powerful and highly evocative symbolic scenes such as Mendoza's redemption or his "call to arms".

A little taste of this great movie:
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum