Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Flag portrait EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Flag portrait EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Flag portrait EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Flag portrait EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Flag portrait EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Flag portrait EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Flag portrait

+3
Piratus
Azeitona
Pishkirlin
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Flag portrait Empty Flag portrait

Post  Pishkirlin Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:04 pm

I achieved the ambitious task of drawing a 7 pirates background and this time I'm going to offer my free copy to the flag. So Blackseagull, Mmiimmii, Azeitona, Piratus, Acerin and Sparkywolf (and I, of course) will be in the portrait. Yarrr!
I'm not sure when it will be uploaded. Usually portraits are available for a couple of weeks and the current queue is 2 to 5 portraits. So it could be in a month or two.
I suggest start discussing about what should we wear and hold, because as you know making 7 people agree on these details is the most difficult part.
I think I should wear the crown and hold a scepter, so should Blackie (not sure about the scepter though), but what do you guys think you should wear and hold?
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Flag portrait Empty Re: Flag portrait

Post  Azeitona Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:56 am

i want a crown too, promote me to prince! yaaaaar

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:42 am

Azeitona wrote:i want a crown too, promote me to prince! yaaaaar
Me too, ME TOO! xD
Nah, seriously.

I will be dressed in my Trademark Blue-Yellow outfit: Bondolieres jacket, captains hat and pants. I have no idea what I will be holding, though. Holding a cannonball coul show my obsession with my Ironworking Stall, but could be boring and un-cool for such an important portrait.

But one thing is clear to me. Someone have to be holding the sword of Ascalon on this portait. Wink
Piratus
Piratus

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:29 am

Piratus wrote:I will be dressed in my Trademark Blue-Yellow outfit: Bondolieres jacket, captains hat and pants.
Well, I suppose we should wear the flag colours... if you don't have money to afford a new outfit, I could lend you my bandolier jacket.
Holding a cannonball coul show my obsession with my Ironworking Stall, but could be boring and un-cool for such an important portrait.
Exactly. Do not forget that is a flag portrait, not an individual one. Besides, the background depicts a baroque gallery, so I believe we should be in tune with it in the way we dress and the items we hold. We are talking about this:

Flag portrait 800px-Art-Pishkirlin-IWG
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:17 am

Ooh! I get to be in this one, really? XD

Flag colors, definitely, but which color is primary? (I'm gonna need a hat.)

I would probably elect to hold something like a compass rather than a deed or a sword, I think it would match the (really really cool) background.
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:27 pm

Sparkywolf wrote:Flag colors, definitely, but which color is primary? (I'm gonna need a hat.)
Maroon is primary. Anyway, don't buy any hat before we come to a conclusion about what we are going to wear. xD
I would probably elect to hold something like a compass rather than a deed or a sword, I think it would match the (really really cool) background.
A compass? Do you want to suggest that we got lost in a room? >.<
I would rather like to find an item that witnesses your status as Titled Members of the flag. Like a band, for instance... too bad is so freaking expensive.
Anyway, this is the place where we should look.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:43 am

Pishkirlin wrote:Maroon is primary. Anyway, don't buy any hat before we come to a conclusion about what we are going to wear. xD

I won't, I won't... well, maybe I will just for the hell of it. I like hats.

Pishkirlin wrote:A compass? Do you want to suggest that we got lost in a room? >.<

Oh bah! I was thinking more along the lines of drawing from our history as pillagers and viewing the room as a War Room, not getting lost in the room. :-P

Pishkirlin wrote:I would rather like to find an item that witnesses your status as Titled Members of the flag. Like a band, for instance... too bad is so freaking expensive.

Hum. What about colors of clothing being those of our heraldry and all holding one specific item to tie it together?
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:50 am

Sparkywolf wrote:
Pishkirlin wrote:I would rather like to find an item that witnesses your status as Titled Members of the flag. Like a band, for instance... too bad is so freaking expensive.

Hum. What about colors of clothing being those of our heraldry and all holding one specific item to tie it together?
Splendid idea! That means I get to wear my trademark colors! Razz
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:37 am

Piratus wrote:
Sparkywolf wrote:
Unless I decide to change your coat of arms just for the heck of it.
No, kidding... Sparky's suggestion's could be work, but if the colours will be different, then we should maybe wear the same kind of clothes.
Mind expanding the item part, Sparky? I don't think I got what you meant.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:33 pm

Pishkirlin wrote:
Piratus wrote:
Sparkywolf wrote:
Sparky's suggestion's could be work, but if the colours will be different, then we should maybe wear the same kind of clothes.
That could work, It would be a good balance between doing somthing unique (our coats of arms are indeed very unique!) and still give a sense of unity and order.
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:23 pm

Pishkirlin wrote:Unless I decide to change your coat of arms just for the heck of it.
No, kidding... Sparky's suggestion's could be work, but if the colours will be different, then we should maybe wear the same kind of clothes.

Well, aye, it'd be best to go with clothing that's fairly similar between genders. The captain's jacket, flare/regular pants (women), loose/regular pants (men) and fancy boots come to my mind first, as befitting to our rank.

Pishkirlin wrote:Mind expanding the item part, Sparky? I don't think I got what you meant.

We'd need something that unifies the portrait other than all of us showing up, don't you think? Same/similar outfits could serve without an item and just poses. Or, everyone holds an item relating to a theme like pillaging or brigand kings. Or, everyone holds the same item like a band or a foamy mug. (I love the bands, but 25 dubs/ Ouch. Skull rings look almost the same, if the items clips are to be believed, and cost 8 dubs.)
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:12 pm

Sparkywolf wrote:
Well, aye, it'd be best to go with clothing that's fairly similar between genders. The captain's jacket, flare/regular pants (women), loose/regular pants (men) and fancy boots come to my mind first, as befitting to our rank.
I agree on most of the pieces of clothing you suggested, with the exception of the fancy boots which I don't like. I'm for the regular boots or the buckle shoes. Pity the cape doesn't have a female equivalent because it looks so Ascalon!
We'd need something that unifies the portrait other than all of us showing up, don't you think? Same/similar outfits could serve without an item and just poses. Or, everyone holds an item relating to a theme like pillaging or brigand kings. Or, everyone holds the same item like a band or a foamy mug. (I love the bands, but 25 dubs/ Ouch. Skull rings look almost the same, if the items clips are to be believed, and cost 8 dubs.)
Yeah. Skulls rings could be an idea. If they weren't so tiny, we could even have had them in the colours of the coat of arms and dress in maroon/white. Some alternatives I like: most of Finius and Azarbad trinkets, chalice, flowers and skulls.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Ooh! Looks like Pish's War Gallery portrait has been released. But such a short time! Only 2 weeks Sad

So, when? Wearing what?
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:59 pm

i barely have time to play... have to say that i dont really have money to buy a lot of new cloths... the better for me would be using the same cloths as the last picture

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:27 pm

Sparkywolf wrote:Ooh! Looks like Pish's War Gallery portrait has been released. But such a short time! Only 2 weeks Sad

So, when? Wearing what?
Ooooooooh. I'll log on for this. But yes, what should we wear?
As far as I remember in the other thread we proposed to wear either the flag colours or the ones in the individual coats of arms. In the second case we should wear all the same clothes in order to keep some armony and probably the best choice would be the captain's jacket.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:09 am

How about we go with clothes in our heraldic colors? I will need to go shopping regardless so I need enough time for a tailoring stall to finish my order.

Saturday?
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:04 pm

Sparkywolf wrote:How about we go with clothes in our heraldic colors? I will need to go shopping regardless so I need enough time for a tailoring stall to finish my order.

Saturday?
Ok, let's make a decision.
About the day, I'd say Friday. Acerin is usually not online during the week-end and Saturday I might be busy meeting friends before leaving.

Colours/clothes.
Let's vote. The options are maroon/white vs. heraldic colours. The former doesn't involve any cost, since I'm going to lend you my bandolier's jackets (Sparky will get Blackie's); the latter means you are supposed to buy a captain's jacket (we agreed on the fact that if we wear different colours we must be dressed with the same kind of clothes) and a pair of pants.

Below the two options (don't mind the order):

Flag portrait Portrait

Voters are: Acerin, Aze, Blackie, Piratus, Sparky and Yamel. Please vote A (first row) or B (second row).
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamel Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:42 am

About the heraldi colours, no one knows that we got coat of arms, so that would be purely for ourselves, not for the image of the Flag or something.
Honestly I find the second row a bit looking as if we all wore random clothes even if it's all captain jackets.
I find the first row looking more organised and more uniformized (if that word even exists) and therefore more united.

So my vote goes to row A

ps: should we be wearing tricornes or just let royalty wear hats to make the distinction more clear?
Yamel
Yamel

Crew: : knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackseagull Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:23 am

I vote A.

The other option seemed cool as an idea but now seeing the example I don't think so anymore... it looks messy and lacks cohesion, doesn't look good to me and we'd all have to buy clothes for that. Option A looks nice, with cohesion and order, uniformed and nobody has to buy anything. The only "issue" is that it will look similar to our crew portrait, but actually who cares, those are our flag colours anyway.
Blackseagull
Blackseagull

Back to top Go down

Post  Acerin Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:38 am

I like A
But I will be away from my computer this friday...
I could give someone my password so you can take the portrait
Acerin
Acerin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:49 am

Hrm. Sadly my idea doesn't work out in reality. Oh well. I'll vote A.
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:31 pm

Sparkywolf wrote:Hrm. Sadly my idea doesn't work out in reality.
Yes, I guess in reality it looks a bit messy. But it was a nice idea anyway.

Ok, so option A wins. Can anyone confirm that he/she can log on Friday at around 2:30pm Ascalon? Ace won't be online, but we got his password*

*mwahahahaha
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackseagull Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Pishkirlin wrote:Can anyone confirm that he/she can log on Friday at around 2:30pm Ascalon?
No problem for me, I can be here.

Ace won't be online, but we got his password
I got his password, and I won't give it to you... Mwahahaha Razz
Blackseagull
Blackseagull

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:28 pm

heya!
i am a little bit busy this week... have some kind of competicion till this saturday, and i dont have time for anything... i coulndt even thx in my birthday topic haha i will do all that as soon as possible!

so i dont think i will be able to log this friday, so i will pass my password for someone too...
and i vote A (because i dont have money to buy the other cloths haha)
the one who is going to get my cloths... they are at my house in wens island...

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamel Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:31 am

No problems here, I'll be there
Yamel
Yamel

Crew: : knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content