Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Ascalonese cuisine reloaded EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Ascalonese cuisine reloaded EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Ascalonese cuisine reloaded EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Ascalonese cuisine reloaded EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Ascalonese cuisine reloaded EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Ascalonese cuisine reloaded EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Ascalonese cuisine reloaded

+5
Grodanknorr
Acerin
Blackseagull
Sparkywolf
Pishkirlin
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ascalonese cuisine reloaded Empty Ascalonese cuisine reloaded

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:35 pm

We are in the middle of the transition from the year of food to the year of art, but since we Knights are also bon vivants, we have just randomly decided to running again...

The cooking contest

Ascalonese cuisine reloaded Ascalo10
logo courtesy of Acerin

Rules are almost the same as last year but... with more storytelling!

1. Find or create a recipe and execute it, then take a picture of your culinary masterpiece, upload it somewhere on the internet and post here a link as well as its recipe.
If you are not able to upload it anywhere just shoot me a PM and I'll post it for you.

You can both work on an existing recipe or create one from the scratch. If you choose an existing recipe, please 1) make sure it's not already a traditional dish of another cuisine, 2) try to add something of your own, even a small ingredient.

2. Tell us the (fictional) story of this recipe.

Judging criteria

a. Creativity...
...in the recipe, in the name of the dish, in the story of the recipe

b. Appearence...
...the better your pictures looks, the more points

c. Ingredients and taste...
...the more middle-eastern and medieval it tastes, the better!

Rules
Recipes can be written in any of the four official languages (English, Italian, Spanish, Dutch).
You can enter up to three recipes.
You have to write your name on a piece of paper next to the plate
Special rule for Sparkywolf: you can't use recipes you already posted on your blog Razz

Prizes
15 azuls for each entrant with at least one valid entry (complete with recipe, picture, story)
25 azuls for the overall winner
10 azuls for winner of the most creative story or best recipe among non-winning entries
So the max amount of azul one can get is 40

Deadline: February, 28.

Last edited by Pishkirlin on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Ascalonese cuisine reloaded Empty Re: Ascalonese cuisine reloaded

Post  Sparkywolf Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:43 pm

Pishkirlin wrote:
Special rule for Sparkywolf: you can't use recipes you already posted on your blog Razz

:-O Damn! (But I couldn't anyway, none of my photos have my piratey name next to them)

*wanders off to peer through her cupboards, thinking about middle-eastern cuisine*
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackseagull Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:29 am

Question: This time we don't have to use any specific ingredient? We can do whatever we want?
Blackseagull
Blackseagull

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:11 am

Blackseagull wrote:Question: This time we don't have to use any specific ingredient? We can do whatever we want?
Yes, you can do whatever you want. You'll just get bonus points for middle-eastern ingredients if you use any.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Ascalonese cuisine reloaded Empty Re-Loaded

Post  Acerin Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:33 am

Ascalonese cuisine reloaded Ascalo10

I give credit to whoever draw the horn of plenty, I didn't do it
Acerin
Acerin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grodanknorr Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:49 pm

Ohh...! I didn't joined last year cause I cant make a wierd dish if my parents finds out? Razz
Well so I will try figure out something splendid and mysteric!
Evil or Very Mad

And a question: Me who didn't participated last year...

What is middle-east ingredience's?

Grodanknorr

Crew: : Glimmer of light

Back to top Go down

Post  Defrass Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:03 pm

This is my first Dish for the cooking competition.... DO NOT STEAL the idea with the ketchup Aze!!! Razz
Ascalonese cuisine reloaded Ascalonpizza
Ingredients:
To the paste:
  • 0,4 kg flour
  • ferment/0,1l milk, 2,5g barm/
  • salt
  • 4 spoon oil

Stuff on the pizza:
  • sauce/made of tomato puree and italian pizza-spice-mix/
  • salami
  • corn
  • mushroom
  • cheese

Mix flour and ferment in a bowl, then put the salt and the oil in it. Let it stay at warm place for 30-40 mins. Put it into an oven pan,
slush the sauce in it and put the salami, corn and mushroom on it. Finally rasp the cheese on the top of the food and put it into the oven /30-40 mins on 180/.

Last edited by Defrass on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:44 am; edited 2 times in total

Defrass

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:53 pm

there was something write in ketchup? i tryed to read... but i couldnt... lol
to tell u the truth some friends like to eat pizza with ketchup... but i am totally against... that will take out all the flavor of the pizza!
well, i got go finish my sushi before going out for drink xD

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:41 pm

This ancient dish has been prepared for hundreds of years in Ascalon. The original recipe, or so say the scholars, most likely did not include egg or leavening and would have been closer to a flatbread, which was perhaps baked in stone hearths or over a fire in iron pans. It has been postulated that Mediterranean traders picked up the idea for what is now known as cecina or farinata from the ancient Ascalonese, though the Mediterranean version remains unchanged from the original Ascalonese recipe.

Ascalonese cuisine reloaded 4378246612_268d3cc13b

Besan Cheela (in English: Chickpea Pancakes)
Makes about 4 or 5 pancakes, enough for 2 as a side

• 4 ounces chickpea flour (also known as besan flour)
  • 4 ounces water
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 ounce extra virgin olive oil
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • salt
  • 1/2 tbsp honey
  • pinch each: thyme, rosemary

Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl, combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add wet to dry and stir well. Add more water to thin it to a typical pancake batter if necessary. Heat a lightly oiled pan over moderate heat and fry until golden, flipping once. Serve as a snack or a side to a hearty soup or chili.

Note: This is an original recipe based on Michael Ruhlman's ratio for pancakes. The story, like all good yarns, has elements of truth and fiction, but which is truth and which fiction?

Edited to add: Damnit! I forgot my name. If you look up next to the coffeemaker, there's a little sliver of white. That's my little name card that I forgot to put in the shot. Sad

Edited again because of questions during a pillage: If you can't find chickpea flour, look for dried chickpeas. Toast them lightly then just process in a coffee grinder, blender or food processor to create flour. A substitute that might also work would be dried yellow split peas toasted and ground. Since the flavor is distinctive, I can't think of any other substitutions to get the same flavor, but they would still be good with regular flour. Corn flour (masa harina) would also taste great.

Last edited by Sparkywolf on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:12 am

Jarjeer salad
posted by the King and out of the competition

Ascalonese cuisine reloaded Jarjeer

• hard sheep cheese
  • rocket
  • sheep pastirma
  • Matzah
  • Sumac

It is said that when the Empire conquered the ancient Ascalon, its citizens left the realm in such haste, they could not wait for their bread dough to rise and the only supplies they could carry with them were dried meat, hard cheese and some spices. Once in Lebanon they found an edible plant they used for enriching their meal, so the Jarjeer Salad was created.
The recipe was adapted and somehow improved by those who further migrated to the Italian peninsula, replacing pastirma with bresaola and sheep cheese with parmezan and adding olive oil and balsamic vinagar.
In the Kingdom of Ascalon it is nowadays the traditional dish of the Ascalonese Passover, that is celebrated right before Nowruz (Persian and Ascalonese new year).
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:02 am

sorry my king... where is your name on the salad? lol (just kidding...)
u will have a surprise about my second dish...
till when i have to post it here?

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:06 am

Azeitona wrote:sorry my king... where is your name on the salad? lol (just kidding...)
u will have a surprise about my second dish...
till when i have to post it here?
The King wrote:Deadline: February, 28.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:25 am

Another one, but this time fun and unusual... Straws are required! Though it sounds weird, it's actually very yummy and the seeds are fun to play with.

Ascalonese cuisine reloaded 4384755679_dedf0190af
This time I remembered my little namecard.

The residents of the fabled city of Ascalon know that "bubble tea", the cold east Asian iced tea drink with tapioca or boba pearls, is actually a bastardized version of the Ascalonese "Bubbly Treasure" drink. This popular Ascalonese beverage has been the favorite of generations and is commonly referred to as "frogalicious" as the seeds resemble frog eggs when prepared.

The unique drink became known as "nam manglak" in Thailand when some adventurous Ascalonese citizens journeyed to far-off countries, bringing their traditions with them. Even Ascalon's neighbors have been inspired by the tiny seeds and created "falooda" which is strikingly similar. New flavors appear throughout Ascalon regularly at local treasure-bars though many Ascalonese grandmothers swear by the traditional rosewater version.

Bubbly Treasure
** Base:
- 2 tbsp basil seeds
- 2 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 500 ml hot water

** Add a Mix-in or Two:
- grenadine or other flavored syrups, such as almond, hazelnut, caramel, etc.
- cream or sweetened condensed, evaporated or coconut milk
- rosewater

**Top off with:
- tonic or club soda (aka seltzer water or soda water or sparkling water)
- milk
- iced tea

Make the basil base:
Combine sugar and honey with hot water, stirring to dissolve. Add seeds, stirring in well so all of the seeds are soaked. Chill for a few hours until cold.

Mixing a drink:
Fill five glasses halfway with crushed ice. Add about 125 ml of the seed base to each, along with a tablespoon of your favorite mix-in. Top off the glasses with sparkling water, milk or other liquid. Add straws and enjoy.

Recommended Variations:
- Authentic Ascalonese -- 50 ml rosewater + sparkling water + basil base
- Sparkywolf's Special -- 1 tbsp grenadine syrup + 1 splash cream + club soda + basil base
- Arr Ye Matey! -- 1 shot rum + coconut milk + splash of pineapple juice + basil base

Notes:
- YMMV, but here basil seeds are available at asian groceries in little 2oz - 4oz packets.
- If you want to try making this, please do not use seed packets intended for planting unless you can verify there are no added chemicals or fertilizers.
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackseagull Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:13 am

The legend says that a long time ago a young Prince Pishkirlin was playing in the gardens near the royal castle when he noticed a parchment lying on the grass. He picked it up and read: - "Beware! Beast on the loose!" - The little prince's eyes opened wide and his heart started racing. -- Adventure!-- He quickly took his dagger out of the sheath and ran to the forbidden forest.

The prince advanced bravely, ignoring all the warnings in his head and quickly found himself alone in the depths of the forest. The loud sound of a twig breaking startled him and with a quick movement he turned to face the terrible beast. A pair of red eyes appeared behind a bush. - “Come! You beast! I am not afraid of you!” – The red eyes disappeared and he heard something moving fast as lightning. Suddenly the prince felt a terrible pain in his behind... The beast had bitten his butt!

The Prince screamed loudly and started yelling and cursing the beast while rubbing his sore derrière, and the beast quickly disappeared in the dark forest again.

After this key episode in the prince’s life, he started running hunting expeditions every year on the anniversary of the attack, trying to find the monster that had attacked him. Until one day, his wishes were granted and he caught the beast with his bare hands and finally got his revenge.

Historians say that before eating the beast, the King said: “You bit me, I bite you”, and thus the dish became known as “Lex Talionis”, and ever since that day, Ascalonese people spend the Day of the King hunting and cooking delicious “beast meals”, to celebrate his victory.

Note for the reader: This episode marked the beginning of King Pishkirlin’s hatred for rabbits.

Ascalonese cuisine reloaded Dibujosconejo

Ascalonese cuisine reloaded Conejoplatofinal

Lex Talionis

1 mean rabbit (Only mean rabbits must be used for this recipe)
Salt and Pepper
White wine (optional)
Oil
Oregano
Potatoes

This is one of the many variations of the dish, if you don't like oregano you can use other thingies of course, or just make a classic stew! Or with a sauce... as you wish.

Put the mean rabbit in an oven dish with salt, pepper and plenty of oregano... potatoes and oil and let it golden. When it is golden lower the heat and let it cook until ready, about 40 mins or so. If you want to use the glass of white wine, put it 10 mins before it is done more or less and let it cook. So it doesn't dry add water constantly.

Enjoy! Easy as that xD
Blackseagull
Blackseagull

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:01 am

Last day for posting your recipes!
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamel Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:03 am

Ok, here's my entry, and yes, I forgot the namecard again Wink but you might recognize the green placemat from last time. Sorry if the story's a bit long. The recipe is integrated in the story. Don't forget the estragon Wink
Now, for your eyes only, I present to you
quzu-al-Malik a.k.a King's Lamb

Ascalonese cuisine reloaded Cimg3210[img]

In this world, there are two kinds of people. There are those who eat, and there are those who cook. My name is Tawfiq, cook of the royal court and this is my story.

King Pishkirlin, after a long day of organizing parties and balls for himself, likes to enjoy a beautiful glass of wine with a delicious meal. Sadly, the cook at that time wasn’t particularly creative, and one day, when the King was completely exhausted and had to eat fish and chips for the third time that week, he had enough. After one glance at his dinner, he ordered the entire kitchen staff to come before him.
Before long, a dozen people stood before him. The chef, his oversized belly hanging over his belt, already saw it coming.
“-Is the food not to your satisfaction milord?
-I’m afraid it isn’t, and to be franc, it hasn’t been for a long time, I want something original, and if you can’t get it, someone else will.”
The King looked around and his eye fell on one of the assistants, who had an intelligent look in his eyes and did everything to hide it.
“You, boy.”
The boy looked up startled “who, me?”
“Yes you, would you be capable of making me a meal worthy of a King?”
The boy send a glance at the chef and answered reluctantly ” Ehm, I’m not sure…”
“Perfect, you take care of it. I’ll taste your first meal tonight.”
The boy returned to the kitchen and went to sit in a corner, deep in thought. What was going to serve his King? It had to be something special, something exotic, but also something that could be made in a short time if it had to be ready that night…
The chef joined him: “ha, you think you can actually pull this off? What makes you think you can do a better job than me?”
The boy didn’t answer but suddenly, a light flared in his eyes. He stood up started running around the kitchen looking in cupboards and in sacs.
“-This won’t do, we need to go to the market, right now.”
“-There is plenty here to work with.”
“-Not for what I want to make.” He pointed at two other assistants, “you two, hurry up and join us”.
At the market, he showed his true character, he was perfectly in his element in the kitchen and demonstrated his culinary leadership.
He spoke to the assistants: ” You, go get me some olive oil.
-what?
-Oil, made from olives, go. And you, get me zucchini, eggplant and bell peppers.” He saw the empty look on the boy’s face. “Just ask a farmer, he’ll know”. Both boys ran off, and our culinary genius with his skeptic master went to the docks. “How can you work with those two?” They stood still before a dhow.
“-Hoy Ali, you there?
-Well well, the lost son returns , long time I haven’t seen you around, what can I get you today?
The boy turned to the chef “ could you go get some lamb?”
“Who do you think you are ordering me around?” but thinking back to the words of his King, he reluctantly went on his way.
The boy hopped on his friend’s ship, which turned out to be a floating market stall with exotic goods.
“-OK, I’m going to need chickpeas, sesame seeds, dates, estragon and semolina.
As he spoke, Ali walked around the ship to get the ingredients.
“-Who are you cooking for today?” he asked as he gave the boy the goods.
“-The King” the boy simply said as he left, leaving behind the astonished merchant.
Back at the palace, the boy gathered with his errand runners and finally had all the ingredients at his disposal.
The cook said, with a big smirk on his face “What now, you only have ten minutes left before dinner time. What do you think will happen if you don’t make it in time?
Well then, let’s start. One of you take the dates and roll them in the sesame seeds, make about four a person.” Pointing at the other: “you, take the semolina and cook it around six minutes with the same quantity of water.”
Inspired by the professionalism of their new master the boys ran off.
Our hero himself took two pans, and put the lamb in one, the vegetables in the other and added the olive oil.
“-Hand me the estragon will ye”
“-You’re putting grass on it…?
The boy looked up to the sky and wondered how the guy ever became chef.
“-Just do it, but be careful, it’s pretty strong.
- Two minutes left.
- How is my semolina going?
- Coming up” the boy yelled back.
“-The dates are ready too.
Good bring them here.”
The boy served the semolina with the lamb and vegetables and some gravy.
“Serve the dates as a side dish.”
Exactly two minutes later, the dish was presented to the King.
The latter looked at the dish, smelled it, then tastes it. Tawfiq tried to figure out if he liked it, but nothing could be read on his face. Not a sound was made while the King ate. When the King was done, he took a last sip from his wine and leaned back in his chair.
“-How do you call this dish?
- quzu-al-Malik, milord
- Well, Tawfiq, this was absolutely delicious. The proportions, the texture, the presentation, the smell, the color, the taste, it was all perfect. This is the best dish I have eaten in a long time. Would you like to become my new chef?
-I’d be honored Sire.
Good,” he pointed at the former chef, “you might even learn this old dog a trick or two.”
And that’s how I ended up cook of the royal court. You would think I’d be happy about it, but honestly, my life was much easier before. Having to come up with something original every day, I haven’t got a moment of rest anymore…
Yamel
Yamel

Crew: : knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:09 am

HOT DOG

One day someone brilliant created this delicious dish. You can eat at home or at street, at a soccer game or at 5 am after drinking a lot (yes… I am always eating that early in the night… lol).
Easy to do, u only need:
Bread
Sausage
Mayonnaise
Ketchup
French Fries

Way to do: Cook the sausage. Cut the bread in half, use some Mayonnaise, put the sausage, use a lot of Ketchup and finally put the French fries in the top. xD
U can always add something more to it like mustard or anything u want xD

To drink I suggest a good grapple juice or a coke, but anything its ok… lol

Ascalonese cuisine reloaded P2220058

Last edited by Azeitona on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:36 am

SUSHI

If the life gives a lemon to u, u do a lemonade. Japanese guys once saw theirselves in the middle of an island with almost no space to plant food… so what they did? They create a whole culinary based in rice and fish xD
The times changed, and now we can eat sushi all over the world, with difference ingredients from the original one. Here I am going to say about my favorite one.
U will need:
Rice
Salmon
Kani-Kama (I now its this name in japonese too… but have no idea if it is in English)
Mangos
Seaweed (buy the proper one in a Japanese place next to u!)

Way to do:
First cook the rice, clean up the salmon and cut the mangos.
Put the Seaweed in a small thing of Hemp (nah… bad English) that u will use to help u later. Cover the Seaweed with rice. In the middle of the seaweed covered with rice, put some salmon, kani-kama and mangos, all in the horizontal way. Now u need to roll the sea weed, for that use the small thing of Hemp and do a cylinder of the seaweed. After that is ready, u only need to cut in small circular pieces and eat xD.

Ascalonese cuisine reloaded P2200056

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Defrass Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:10 pm

Black Man in Snow
Ascalonese cuisine reloaded STI

Ingredients:
  • 3 eggs
  • 0,25kg sugar
  • 0,25l milk
  • 0,2kg cracked poppy
  • 0,2kg flour
  • hull of 1 lemon
  • 1 pack baking powder

Recipe:
Mix the eggs with the sugar and with the milk. Put the poppy in it, then the flour with the baking powder. Mix it and but it into an oven pan and bake it at 150 degrees for 25-30 mins. Bon apetit!

The Story:
Once, there was a black man, called Barack Obama! He started to play PP, and joined Knights of Saint Georgeg and Ascalon after an awesome pilly of me. Once, he hopped on Healthy Alewife, my frost-class sloop, he grabbed a sail and holded fast, as fast as Blackie can't hold too. But it was too much .... He pulled the sail so hard, that he was covered with snow. This inspired this cookie... Black thing covered with white Smile

Defrass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:33 pm

Ascalonese cuisine reloaded 4395699551_87593d66c5

Few know that when Sparkywolf was but a wee pirate, she dreamed of one day riding gryphons. Sadly, the closest she's ever come is riding her sloops, the Lone Wolf and the Ambitious Marlin, over the waves, their gryphon figureheads proudly pointing the way forward. On overnight sails around Sage, she can often be found down in the galley making Gryphon's Porridge, a tasty meal that keeps gryphon-riders' strength (and warmth) up on long flights. It is ordinarily cooked without meat, since the rider's mount can easily supply a small rabbit, haunch of deer, grouse or pheasant when desired. Sparky often simply eats it without meat but every so often a suicidal fish jumps on deck (those flying fish are especially susceptible to fits of depression) and some barbecued or grilled fish winds up resting on top of her porridge.

Gryphon's Porridge

Porridge:
* 1 medium onion, sliced
* 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
* 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
* 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
* 1 whole clove
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
* 1 dried hot red chile pepper
* 1/2 tsp ground ginger
* 1 large garlic clove, minced
* 3 cups vegetable broth (chicken will work in a pinch if not vegetarian)
* 1 cup dried small red lentils
* 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained

Millet:
* 3/4 cup millet
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed
* 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
* pinch of salt

Porridge:
Heat about a tablespoon of oil in a cast-iron skillet or non-stick skillet over moderate to low heat. Add the onion slices and cook slowly until caramelized, soft and brown. (This will take about 30 minutes. Cook the onions alongside the lentils.)

Toast mustard seeds, coriander seeds, caraway seeds and the clove in a small skillet over medium heat for about 90 seconds. Shake the pan frequently so the seeds don't burn. Combine the seed mixture with cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and the dried, destemmed chile pepper in a coffee or spice grinder. Pulse until ground, shaking the grinder if necessary. (Just clean it well or else your coffee will taste interesting.)

In a medium pot, heat a tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for about a minute. Add the lentils and the spice mixture, stirring well to combine and toast, about a minute. Add the tomatoes and broth, stir well and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce the heat and keep it at a simmer for 30 minutes, stirring periodically. Uncover and add the caramelized onions. Cook for another 10 minutes uncovered. Serve over toasted, steamed millet or brown rice.

Millet:
Toast millet over moderate heat in a cast-iron skillet until toasty and fragrant. (Small brown spots are okay!) Combine with salt, crushed garlic and chicken broth in a rice cooker / steamer and steam until water has evaporated. Fluff with a fork.

Forgot the namecard again. I'm not very good at this. >.<
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Ascalonese cuisine reloaded Empty ASCALONESE CUISINE RELOADED

Post  mmiimmii Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Alas my fellow crew...I sit here drooling over the wondrous fare that is adorning my screen...all these delicacies just waiting to be created and devoured and stories .. oh.. what stories.....
and I can not participate...
I was hoping that fate would turn and I would be able but ..
alas....
you see I suffered an injury ...
I was taking out the refuse (sounds better then the garbage) and broke my thumb...and dam it all ..if it wasn't the one I use...(isn't it always that way)...but I have checked in to keep abreast (umm...I would of made a chicken dish of some sort) of things.
Hats off to everyone...what a great collection of Ascalonese Cuisine.... Very Happy
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:43 pm

The contest is now closed. Thanks to all participants and congratulations for your entries. Results will be posted this evening.

Aww, Mmiimmii... sorry to hear you have been injured. I hope you'll be alright as soon as possible.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:05 am

RESULTS OF THE CONTEST

First of all, thank you all for participating and sharing all those mouth-watering* recipes.
* well, not all of them might be so, actually...

Let's start announcing the results, with a...

dis-honorable mention, that goes to Azeitona for that disgusting hot dog.
Azeitona wrote:You can eat at home or at street, at a soccer game or at 5 am after drinking a lot
Sacre blue! The Royalty of Ascalon doesn't eat on the streets, nor goes to any bloody soccer game. Cheap mayonnese and ketchup are banned from our Realm and the sausages and French fries are so uncool. Very bad. Very bad.

The not-so-honorable mention goes to... Azeitona again.
Man, I didn't want to hear the gospel of the sushi according to Azeitona, I wanted a story of that food related somehow to Ascalon.
Nonetheless I do appreciate the efforts you made, especially for posting the pictures online. So in all my magnanimity, I'll give you anyway 10 azuls.

A real honorable mention goes instead to Defrass.
Both the pizza and the the Black Man in Snow are silly, so silly that entertained me and made me giggle. Great job, Deffy. You get 15 well-deserved azuls.

The winners of the most creative stories are... Yamel and Blackseagull.
They confirmed themselves as the greatest cooks ever in the Relm, having won the past edition and stepping again on the podium seven months later. Congratulations!

Blackie has been penalized by cooking rabbit, which I don't like very much. She told me the original recipe she had in mind was for wildboard... that would have changed the results a bit, as I love wildboard. And come on, a King fighting a wildboar is much cooler than one fighting a rabbit. A white wildboar, like Captain Ahab. Arrrg!

Yamel's story is very nice and well-written. The dish looks tasty but... it looks too much like Blackie's last entry. The name is cool. Quzu-al-Malik sounds sooo Ascalonese!

You both get 15+10 azuls.

And the winner is... of course, Sparkywolf.

I am surprised how you guys can guess my thoughts so well. Last time Blackseagull guessed the recipe I wanted to cook myself, this year Sparky came up with one of those I thought it would be the perfect entry for this contest. Oh, all the recipes she prepared are exotic, cool and sound tasty, but Besan Cheela wins hands down (in its version without egg, which is the original Ascalonese, as she reminds us). It's a dish I know very well and I like a lot. Whenever I visit the places where it comes from, I can't help buying a slice or two... like I did this summer.
Sparky gets 40 azuls! Congratulations!
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:20 am

Wooo! Thank you!! *bounces around excitedly*
Sparkywolf
Sparkywolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:44 am

nah! hot dog is the best! lmao
and sushi is sooo good... i dont care that didnt had anything with ascalon... i left for the last day... and that day i wasnt in the mood to create any history. lol

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next