Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
General flotila tips and strategies EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
General flotila tips and strategies EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
General flotila tips and strategies EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
General flotila tips and strategies EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
General flotila tips and strategies EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
General flotila tips and strategies EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

General flotila tips and strategies

4 posters

Go down

General flotila tips and strategies Empty General flotila tips and strategies

Post  Piratus Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:22 pm

The last few weeks I have ported a WB(thanks for the loan, Frame) next to a non-sinking flotilla. The goal is for the crew to have fun and for myself to learn a thing ortwo about multi-ship bnaving and managing larger vessels. Something I have very little experience about, but a Captain of my caliber should know.
When I become more experienced and secure we could do more risky thing.

Anyway, I could use some tips and advice to make this more painless. Thank you.
Piratus
Piratus

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

General flotila tips and strategies Empty Re: General flotila tips and strategies

Post  Azeitona Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:13 am

well, i never run a flotilla before, so i dont really have some good advices...
but i think the thing u most concerned about is with TH, just telling to not TH wont really help. In danger situacions stay where they cant TH that would be ok xD
let us know when u plan to do that if I have the time i will join too xD

Azeitona

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

General flotila tips and strategies Empty Re: General flotila tips and strategies

Post  Piratus Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:33 pm

but i think the thing u most concerned about is with TH, just telling to not TH wont really help. In danger situacions stay where they cant TH that would be ok xD
Good tip.

I will do it whenever 1. I am online 2. A few crewmates are online, so I can have a XO and some trusted mates. 3. A lot of other people are online and 4. No, or few, smh's are running.
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Twigman Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:48 pm

Flotillas in a wb are a great experience =)

Jerricho and I have tried our hand at these and learned a lot. (Mainly because we failed a lot)

First, stock. You shouldn't worry about over stocking your ship because this is non sinking so you'll have the rum/cbs even if you sink.

Second, jobbers. Jobbers are the hardest thing to get and the easiest thing to lose. Plan on spending 45 minutes to an hour just trying to gather up a respectable amount of jobbers (especially on a non-sinking tilla). Go in with a full ship because jobbers love to leave.

Third, strategy. When you go in, the ships are all the way on the other side of the map and its easy to waste all your moves getting over there. Be careful not to put yourself in a risky situation when you are low on moves because that many ships against lonely 'ol you can get ugly. Try to single out one merchant ship and draw him away from other ships. Don't go shooting at every ship that sails by you or else you will get nowhere fast. Don't worry too much about the sloops and cutters that shoot you, they are just distracting and a waste of cbs. Don't be afraid to run away. Things can get ugly (especially with a wb) and if you try to take a ship down 1v1 with a risky move, you could be jeopardizing the whole attack. And don't be afraid to shoot! You'll be surprised at how many times you accidentally hit a ship.

Fourth, treasure haul. Telling jobbers not to TH is pointless. If you really don't want them to TH, move, or else they will do it. Don't try to tell the carpers to stay on their station and fix damage because they won't, they will TH too. Basically only go near a TH spot when you have everything under control (damage, bilge, moves) or there is no ship near you. You'll also find sometimes you just get stuck near a spot and there's nothing you can do. Just don't get frustrated when jobbers won't stop THing because its unavoidable.

Flotillas rocked Jerricho and I the first couple times we did them. It is a steep learning curve but its loads of fun and great practice for kades. I'll be sure to be on there with you!

~Twigman~

Twigman

Crew: : The Wisdom

Back to top Go down

Post  Benke Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:42 am

Can the experience from flotilla be of use in SMH?
Benke
Benke

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:02 am

Benke wrote:Can the experience from flotilla be of use in SMH?
Yes, the only real diffrence is that the "ships" looks like monsters and that there are brawls.
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Benke Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:05 am

Great! The best Glimmers flotilla bnaver will be the bnaver of very first crew SMH.
Benke
Benke

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:16 pm

Just to keep you updated. Yesterday I made my first succesfull Flotilla attack!
I sunk a Merchant Brig wich was protected by only a sloop and a dhow. I hauled it all up and decided to go for another ship.
Then I ran out of cannonballs! /me frowns
It was my first run when I didn't "sink" and brought poe back to port, it wasn't as good as it could have been, but I would still call it a succes.
Piratus
Piratus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum