» Pish is back (for a while)
Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Expedition (Imperial Outpost) Info

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expedition (Imperial Outpost) Info

Post  Sparkywolf on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:59 pm

With the new release of Imperial Outposts now live, many of us have had a chance to go out and play with the newest Big Bad on the ocean.

However, the initial expeditions I've been on at least have not appeared to be profitable (i.e., they do not pay out enough to both restock the ship AND pay for the chart). I'm interested to hear what others have seen so that those interested in running an expedition know what to expect. Also, I'd love to know what the Fortified and larger maps are paying out, as I'm betting that the low difficulty outposts have accordingly low payouts.

Here's what I've seen so far: (Grog and cb payout is negligible so I am not including them.)
Gull:
- Small, Fledgling (Non-Sinking) : Chart Price: ~3,000 : Payout: 5,235 for 5 aboard
- Small, Established (Non-Sinking) : Chart Price: ~3,000 : Payout: 5,434 for 6 aboard
- Small, Fledgling (Sinking) : Chart Price: 3,145 : Payout 5,351 for 7 aboard
- Large, Established (Sinking) : Payout: 25,543 for 17 aboard (Baghlah)
- Large, Established (Sinking) : Payout: 24,129 for 14 aboard (Baghlah)

Ibis:
- Small, Established (Non-Sinking) : Payout: 8,391 for 7 aboard

Unknown:
- Large, Fledgling(?) (Sinking?) : Payout: 26,770 for 22 - 24 aboard (War Brig)

I'll post the results as I have them.

Edited to add additional info. Also, the SFs, even undermanned, were just so damn easy.
Edited again to add: Let's hope the Ringers adjust the payouts.

Okay, Ringers have adjusted payouts as of the next reboot. Please let me know what you see and take the above figures with a grain of salt.

Last edited by sparkywolf on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sparkywolf

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expedition (Imperial Outpost) Info

Post  Pishkirlin on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:39 pm

Souvenir from the first Ascalonese raid ever on the Imperial outposts

Pishkirlin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Korte on Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:51 pm

i've bought 3 SINKY maps. I'll fill a cutter for them and wanna do it on sunday, when everybody will be able to come(i hope Razz)

See ye there and find me for detailed infos Smile Wink
Korte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf on Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:33 pm

Korte wrote:i've bought 3 SINKY maps. I'll fill a cutter for them and wanna do it on sunday, when everybody will be able to come(i hope Razz)

See ye there and find me for detailed infos Smile Wink

I've got a sinking sloop to do either Saturday or Sunday along with the brig... So, lots of sinky fun this weekend!
Sparkywolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesStGeorge on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:01 pm

Well been to one where we were sunk. Another where eventually we got in and lost the SF. Waste of time. If the pay out when successful is not huge, not worth it.

Major Roy's last Fortress sunk (non sinking) with WB
JamesStGeorge

Crew: : Knights of St George

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:09 pm

JamesStGeorge wrote:Well been to one where we were sunk. Another where eventually we got in and lost the SF. Waste of time. If the pay out when successful is not huge, not worth it.

Major Roy's last Fortress sunk (non sinking) with WB

It doesn't seem to be worth the risk, considering the current prices of ships (thanks super-expensive-dubs). It's fun and all, but the payouts need to reflect both the high amount of stock used and the risk to the ship, not some penny-ante average brigand haul.
Sparkywolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesStGeorge on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:12 pm

Was on one WB today. Seemed much easier, quite quick sinking and easyish SF reported relieved the Empire of 26770 and then said something about 2677, perhaps my cut? No could not be. Must have been more than 10 aboard stations were full and a few lazers. Was not clear. Reboot on way home to port confused matters.
JamesStGeorge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf on Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:04 pm

JamesStGeorge wrote: relieved the Empire of 26770 and then said something about 2677, perhaps my cut? No could not be.

They're setting a 10% restock cut aside into the hold, but not doing a divvy for jobbers at this time. Not sure why they're not using the normal divvy rules that everything else does.
Sparkywolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesStGeorge on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:19 pm

Ye have relieved the empire of 37374 pieces of eight. 3737 pieces of eight from these spoils have been placed in the ship's hold.

Ah that makes some sense of that second number 10%.

Even with the small restock cut they do not pay out much. A good TH would be more I suspect, and a good deal less trouble.
JamesStGeorge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:22 pm

JamesStGeorge wrote:Ye have relieved the empire of 37374 pieces of eight. 3737 pieces of eight from these spoils have been placed in the ship's hold.

Ah that makes some sense of that second number 10%.

Even with the small restock cut they do not pay out much. A good TH would be more I suspect, and a good deal less trouble.

What ship and what level difficulty? That's one of the best payouts I've heard of so far.

Now if expedition halls sold those nifty little TH/foraging expeditions you win, that'd be a neat thing indeed!
Sparkywolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:32 pm

The Ringers have now adjusted payouts, so these expeditions are not only fun but profitable too! Booty taken from a single outpost consists of about half a normal sloop's stock (120+ cbs, 60+ grog) plus about 15k for a sinking mid-difficulty expedition. Figuring 6 pirates and a 10% restock, this works out to about 1.5k per pirate (including the navver) after the cost of the chart is deducted.

I would recommend that the automatic divvy numbers for restock be adjusted to reflect the cost of the charts so that the navver can be reimbursed for them. Setting aside more for shot and rum seems to be largely unnecessary due to the increased commodities take.

Editing to note: Non-sinking low-difficulty maps don't pay much, but are a good way to get one's feet wet.

Last edited by sparkywolf on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Sparkywolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesStGeorge on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:19 am

Was a WB Sparky, don't know about difficulty level.
JamesStGeorge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesStGeorge on Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:54 pm

Ye have defeated the foul imperials and made off with their loot.
Ye have taken aboard 7 small cannon balls!
Ye have taken aboard 4 barrels of grog!
Ye have relieved the empire of 9426 pieces of eight. 2827 pieces of eight from these spoils have been placed in the ship's hold.

WB sinking.
JamesStGeorge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf on Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:56 pm

JamesStGeorge wrote:Ye have defeated the foul imperials and made off with their loot.
Ye have taken aboard 7 small cannon balls!
Ye have taken aboard 4 barrels of grog!
Ye have relieved the empire of 9426 pieces of eight. 2827 pieces of eight from these spoils have been placed in the ship's hold.

WB sinking.

That...sucks. On a recent sinking sloop chart I bought, the take was about twice that amount.

The sinking charts are reasonably profitable, nonsinking have to be high difficulty and low pirates aboard to be profitable.

But there is no excuse for a sub-10k sinking brig... I mean, really, it's more than 10k in poe just to buy the silly ship.
Sparkywolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesStGeorge on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:34 am

Are the maps ship dependant though? So it may have been a small ship intended map? Interestingly there were only 6 troops to kill in that, though the last one lasted for ever!
JamesStGeorge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:43 am

JamesStGeorge wrote:Are the maps ship dependant though? So it may have been a small ship intended map? Interestingly there were only 6 troops to kill in that, though the last one lasted for ever!

Yep, they are. Was it a sloop you were against? 6 sounds below the normal complement of bots for a brig. And yes, the charts are ship-dependent - there's four levels from small to huge.
Sparkywolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:46 pm

The ringers will fix this. Sooner or later they will make the trips wort the investment, or else no one will take them, wich makes them useless and all their work will have been for nothing.

When you buy the charts from the expedition hall, does the money go to the owner, or is it a poe sink. If it is, there will be less poe in the economy and more people will have to buy dubs with real money.
Piratus

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkywolf on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:55 pm

Piratus wrote:When you buy the charts from the expedition hall, does the money go to the owner, or is it a poe sink. If it is, there will be less poe in the economy and more people will have to buy dubs with real money.

Last I heard, the reputation went to the flag for people buying it, but the chart prices goes to the ringers just like charts purchased from a shipbuilding stall/shop. Definitely another poe sink.
Sparkywolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top