Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Moving to Facebook?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moving to Facebook?

Post  Pishkirlin on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:43 am

Although I'm not very fond of social networking on the internet, I have recently got an account on Facebook in order to play a silly game (FarmVille... if you play it too add me as a neighbor) and I am now wondering whether having a group on that site would be useful or not.

It would be certainly useful to keeping in touch with people who quit playing the game, for instance. Among the knights I wish I had news from Morien, Sprockett, Cruxialx, Tangoose or Scobie just to name a few, not to mention that I a while ago brought back Enblith to the game contacting her on FB.

My biggest concern is privacy as I don't want to be contacted just by everyone and while I have no problem showing my real name, maybe someone has. As for pictures, it's up to you deciding if you want to publish or not, so that's not a real issue.

What if we opened a group not necessarily becoming friends one to another? Would it have any point?
avatar
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Facebook?

Post  Grodanknorr on Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:22 am

Pishkirlin wrote: I have recently got an account on Facebook in order to play a silly game (FarmVille... if you play it too add me as a neighbor)

I play that silly game to xD

Grodanknorr

Crew: : Glimmer of light

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Facebook?

Post  Athika on Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:50 pm

It could be fun. ;p
avatar
Athika

Crew: : Knights of Saint-George

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Facebook?

Post  Piratus on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:52 pm

Now that I think of it. Puzzlepirates would go well as a facebook app.
avatar
Piratus

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Facebook?

Post  Defrass on Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:36 pm

i joined facebook by the way..
if u tell me yer farmville name i'll add u as a neighbour Smile

Defrass

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Facebook?

Post  Azeitona on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:39 pm

well, i dont play farm something... and how i dont have time now... i think that i wont start
the facebook? well... i dont have one. in Brazil we use a lot more orkut, but i will create a face book in the weekend

Azeitona

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Facebook?

Post  Pishkirlin on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:30 pm

The point was not playing Farmville, guys! >.<
I was wondering if having a group would be useful and since I'm new to FB I wanted to hear your opinion on the subject.
avatar
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Facebook?

Post  Leonelle on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:51 am

omg!!! i just did exactly the same thing about a month ago...

but i havent been on it for a while...

the excitement dies down once the 50 eggplants youve planted die because you didnt bother to log on after about a week

i would join if we had a group though

Leonelle

Crew: : GLimmer of Light

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Facebook?

Post  Pishkirlin on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:07 am

leonelle wrote:the excitement dies down once the 50 eggplants youve planted die because you didnt bother to log on after about a week
Well, that's actually the best part of the game! In fact you have to plant things according to your schedule. So if you know that you won't log for a week, you have to plant seeds that grow up slowly and thus last longer (wheat, cotton, etc.). The life cycle of the plant is exactly its riping time x 2, so for instance strawberries, that grow in 4 hours die 4 hours after they ripe (8 hours in total). I used to plant pumpkins before going to bed, so they used to grow overnight and I could harvest them in the morning.
Anyway after a while the game is repetitive and tedious. I set as a goal reaching level 19 and plant grapes, now that I have achieved it the game has lost all its appeal. I think I'll work a bit on the appearance of my farm and then quit for good. It was fun though.
avatar
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Facebook?

Post  jhony on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:02 am

Eheh farmville! i hate it...you can make private groups and invite certain people to join Razz
avatar
jhony

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Facebook?

Post  Captinthe on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:07 am

good idea about the group but farmvile erm farmpals is better Wink
avatar
Captinthe

Crew: : Glimmer of light

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Facebook?

Post  jhony on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:24 am

I wonder why everyone is obsessed with that game skeptical
avatar
jhony

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Facebook?

Post  Azeitona on Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:24 pm

lol... i think we are discusting the wrong thing... we were suppose to argument about add the others in a facebook... but it looks like everyone is saying about the farm something... lmao

Azeitona

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Facebook?

Post  Captinthe on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:22 pm

i will make a facebook pp account lol
avatar
Captinthe

Crew: : Glimmer of light

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Facebook?

Post  Pishkirlin on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:56 am

Captinthe wrote:i will make a facebook pp account lol
Actually it will work only if you usually use FB and you are willing to use your real account, since the main purpose is to keep in touch with people who take a break for the game. I doubt one who quits playing Y!PP would ever log on his FB Puzzle Pirates account (unless it's linked with his main one... I think I have seen an option somewhere, I should check how it works).
avatar
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Facebook?

Post  Captinthe on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:28 am

i meant just the name Very Happy
avatar
Captinthe

Crew: : Glimmer of light

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Facebook?

Post  Piratus on Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:51 am

Pishkirlin wrote:
leonelle wrote:the excitement dies down once the 50 eggplants youve planted die because you didnt bother to log on after about a week
Well, that's actually the best part of the game! In fact you have to plant things according to your schedule. So if you know that you won't log for a week, you have to plant seeds that grow up slowly and thus last longer (wheat, cotton, etc.). The life cycle of the plant is exactly its riping time x 2, so for instance strawberries, that grow in 4 hours die 4 hours after they ripe (8 hours in total). I used to plant pumpkins before going to bed, so they used to grow overnight and I could harvest them in the morning.
Anyway after a while the game is repetitive and tedious. I set as a goal reaching level 19 and plant grapes, now that I have achieved it the game has lost all its appeal. I think I'll work a bit on the appearance of my farm and then quit for good. It was fun though.

The game lost appeal for me too. Beeing a buisnessman (well, in PP at least Wink ) I quickly calculated wich plants would give me most profit. And wich would give me most money per hour. (Soybeans rules!)
Right now I have a huge farm full of dead rawsberries, ugh. I was hoping to make a quick buck out of it but now I have to make hundreds of clicks and waste an awful lot of time to get my farm up and running again.

But, to stay on topic.
I don't think I would join that group, I am not comfortable with telling my friends I play this game and joining a facebook group would lead to questions.
avatar
Piratus

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Facebook?

Post  Pishkirlin on Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:58 am

Piratus wrote:I don't think I would join that group, I am not comfortable with telling my friends I play this game and joining a facebook group would lead to questions.
So, you are ashamed of confessing you have a Playmobil pirate persona.
Understandable.
avatar
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Facebook?

Post  Grodanknorr on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:21 am

Piratus wrote:

But, to stay on topic.
I don't think I would join that group, I am not comfortable with telling my friends I play this game and joining a facebook group would lead to questions.

Same here not that im ashamed playing this game but i dont want people asking around

Grodanknorr

Crew: : Glimmer of light

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Facebook?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum