Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
Hic sunt dracones EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
Hic sunt dracones EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
Hic sunt dracones EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
Hic sunt dracones EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
Hic sunt dracones EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
Hic sunt dracones EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

Hic sunt dracones

+15
Grodanknorr
Blackseagull
Jimmybucs
fatuzza
Ortyka
Chamberlain
Tiram
Cruxialx
Safebet
mmiimmii
Olaus
Piratus
Azeitona
Tangoose
Pishkirlin
19 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hic sunt dracones Empty Hic sunt dracones

Post  Pishkirlin Sun May 10, 2009 12:03 am

On the 8th day of May of the year of grace 2009, a mysterious seafarer has joined the Ascalon. He has been recognized as Olaus Magnus, a Swedish ecclesiastic and writer, best remembered as the author of Carta Marina, a nautical map of Northern Europe.

As soon as Olaus joined our community, he has posted on our bulletin board a cryptic poem entitled Tile, where art thou?, which is believed to be a riddle.

Who can solve this puzzle?

Last edited by Pishkirlin on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Hic sunt dracones Empty Re: Hic sunt dracones

Post  Tangoose Sun May 10, 2009 2:27 am

How Epic! Very Happy
Tangoose
Tangoose

Crew: : Knights Of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Sun May 10, 2009 1:49 pm

if i back to home and no one find a solution i will try use my dictionary... lol xD

i am kind of lost lol is this some kind of event? xD

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Piratus Sun May 10, 2009 2:15 pm

No it is one of Pishkirlins roleplaying mission things Smile

Solve the riddle and you will gain sangreazul. Afte the riddle is solved we will probably get another task to complete. Meaning more sangrezul Smile
Piratus
Piratus

Crew: : Glimmer of Light

Back to top Go down

Post  Olaus Tue May 12, 2009 10:20 pm

Now that the riddle has been solved I can reveal what my role within the flag is.
Like I said when I introduced myself, I'm a cartographer and I would be glad to render my services to the Crown.
All I ask in exchange is helping me mapping all the hidden locations in the Puffin archipelago and the inter-archipelago routes that links it to Rowes and Basset.

Your servant,

Olaus
Olaus
Olaus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Tue May 12, 2009 11:50 pm

Aye, aye, my dear Knights. Olaus has offered himself to store our charts in order to protect them from aging. So starting from now we will record in a special thread the charts we pillage.
From Monday to Saturday we'll store them in a ship, where they will be at everyone's disposal. On Sunday Olaus will withdraw them. He will log on upon request anytime a map he owns is needed and record at his turn the charts that have dusted.
He is in charge of storing the maps of the Northern area: the Puffin archipelago, inter-archipelago Puffin-Gull and Puffin-Stork as well as the unbuyable charts of the Stork archipelago.
As he said, Olaus though wants to map the hidden locations of the Puffin archipelago: Atlantis outposts, Cursed Isles and expedition islets.

I will come up with further details as soon as possible. In the meantime, get ready to set sail to the Puffin archipelago!
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tangoose Wed May 13, 2009 12:11 am

What a wonderful idea Smile But may i jsut add

*GAH* about the whole riddle. Sad

Nice to finally begin to understand you Olaus *tips hat*
Tangoose
Tangoose

Back to top Go down

Hic sunt dracones Empty hic sunt dracones

Post  mmiimmii Wed May 13, 2009 12:34 pm

WOOT !!! WOOT !!! The great White North....oh oh are we taking over canada too....lmao
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  Tangoose Thu May 14, 2009 12:13 am

A question. You say he will log on upon request..
How would we request him? Smile
Tangoose
Tangoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Thu May 14, 2009 1:10 am

Tangoose wrote:A question. You say he will log on upon request..
How would we request him? Smile
As soon as I will have some spare time I will open a forum or a thread with that purpose. Probably it will happen on Saturday.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safebet Thu May 14, 2009 5:59 am

I hate to be the usual party pooper, but I see a problem with only Olaus having access to the maps and his having to be asked. Pish isn't always available at a time when a crew member who needs it can log on nor is Pish himself always able to log on (when he is at work, for example or when he remembers he has a RL Razz). Never mind the fact that every time Olaus logs on the maps lose a day anyway. How much are we really gaining? Undoubtedly, a list of maps currently available would be very handy. Having ready access to the maps would be even handier.

Safebet

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Thu May 14, 2009 9:21 am

Safebet wrote:I hate to be the usual party pooper, but I see a problem with only Olaus having access to the maps and his having to be asked. Pish isn't always available at a time when a crew member who needs it can log on nor is Pish himself always able to log on
True but I can ermm... Olaus can leave the requested map in the ship so that the officer who needs it can withdraw it even if he's not online.
As for logging upon request and letting the maps age one day, it's a known problem but I believe we still gain a lot. I have maps on an alt of mine that are almost one year old. Note also that we'll have one character per area (Olaus being the one in charge of the North-Western islands) so he won't log on that often actually.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tangoose Thu May 14, 2009 10:07 am

Would the maps lose age if they were kept logged on? What if for example, there was a *map ship* where they are all kept and crew can take and return charts as they please, possibly logging it.
Because from what it seems, it's like you have to book the map in advance, but often. Well, personally anyway, half the pillys I run (or co-run) are just spur of the moment and hardly really long-term planned.. ?
Tangoose
Tangoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Thu May 14, 2009 12:18 pm

Tangoose wrote:Would the maps lose age if they were kept logged on?
Maps age both if kept in the personal inventory and on the navigating table of a ship. They do not age if stored in a pirate who doesn't log, except for when he logs on (they age one day).

Because from what it seems, it's like you have to book the map in advance, but often. Well, personally anyway, half the pillys I run (or co-run) are just spur of the moment and hardly really long-term planned.. ?
It is not matter of pillaging here it's about looking to memorize a particular route.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tangoose Thu May 14, 2009 12:33 pm

Suddenly I understand Smile
Tangoose
Tangoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruxialx Thu May 14, 2009 1:24 pm

I have a couple of the northwestern maps, so once I finish memming them myself, I can hook Olaus up with them. Namely the Puff arch.

Cruxialx

Back to top Go down

Post  Tangoose Fri May 15, 2009 12:20 am

You mention Northwest- who has the maps for the rest of the ocean? Smile
Tangoose
Tangoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Pishkirlin Sat May 16, 2009 12:18 am

Mapping the hidden locations

1. As soon as you have access to a chart showing a hidden place, click on Yer known world, locate that place and take a screenshot of the world map displaying its location. Please make sure the closest island is included in the screenshot.

Hic sunt dracones PuzzlePiratesPishkirlin1

In order to map those hidden spots, you don't have to be the owner of the chart: you can do it even while jobbing for sea monster hunts or pillages, no matter who runs them.
Beside the ordinary screenshot of Yer known world, when you plunder a log leading to an expedition, you have to take an additional screenshot showing also the name of the buried tresure location.

Hic sunt dracones PuzzlePiratesPishkirlin2

2. Do no post the screenshots! Send them to:
Hic sunt dracones Pishkirlinatgmail

3. Anytime a place is mapped, Olaus will make a post saying what place has been recorded. The name of the explorer won't be revealed though.

4. Any mapped spot awards 10 points to the explorer as long as said spot has not been mapped yet. A spot can be mapped by more than one explorer at once (especially if they were on the same expedition) until Olaus has made his post.

5. This mission concerns only the Puffin archipelago and its inter-archipelago routes (Auk-Basset, Hoarfrost-Rowes).

6. The mission ends on June, 16 or as soon as an explorer reach 200 points.

7. The winning explorer will be awarded with 50 sangreazuls. Minor points will be assigned to the others explorers as well, depending on their participation.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeitona Sat May 16, 2009 3:33 pm

nice! so bad i cant participate this event...
but i like the thing of requesting maps... maybe i will finally finish memorizing the ocean (i only memorized the gull arch... it will be a long way... lol)

Azeitona

Back to top Go down

Post  Tangoose Sat May 16, 2009 5:01 pm

while on the topic of memorising.. how do you know when you have memorised a route? Smile
Tangoose
Tangoose

Back to top Go down

Hic sunt dracones Empty Hic Sunt Dracones

Post  Cruxialx Sat May 16, 2009 9:29 pm

When you have a chart, the League points will be displayed as a brown circle with a blue outline, but once you have memmed it, the outline will become brown. It may not seem like much, but you'll notice it.

Cruxialx

Back to top Go down

Post  Tangoose Sun May 17, 2009 2:23 am

So they kinda become a bit learer. I have memmed a route :o and i've memmed some league points? b ut not the ones in between XD
Ahh this'll take a while
Tangoose
Tangoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiram Thu May 21, 2009 7:19 am

Reading these messages on your bulletin board has given me new hope.
Oh, I guess I should introduce myself first... sorry.
My name is Tiram and I'm native of the Midnight Ocean. I was born into a very poor family of pearl fishers and when was only a child my father joned a crew setting sail to the Sage Ocean to seek his fortune and support my mother and his little daughter. He never came back and one year later, my mom died of grief.
I have grown up in an orphanage promising myself one day I would have found my father. Apparently your crew is combing every island and atoll of the Sage Ocean, so I though you could maybe help me finding my father.
Before you ask... unfortunately I don't even know his name, nor I have a portrait of him.
Tiram
Tiram

Crew: : Independent

Back to top Go down

Post  mmiimmii Thu May 21, 2009 8:29 am

Aye Tiram I feel ur loss... I will help in finding your father...is there any information that may help in the finding of him... Smile
mmiimmii
mmiimmii

Back to top Go down

Post  Tangoose Thu May 21, 2009 11:20 am

I think we will all try our best Smile
Tangoose
Tangoose

Back to top Go down