Knights of Saint George
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ascalon???
The Monarch's Oath EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 pm by Korte2

» 8th anniversary
The Monarch's Oath EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 pm by Crimsonator

» Crew portrait
The Monarch's Oath EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:04 am by Korte2

» Fame record
The Monarch's Oath EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am by Pishkirlin

» Almost famous.
The Monarch's Oath EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 3:11 pm by Pishkirlin

» Pish is back (for a while)
The Monarch's Oath EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:44 pm by Crimsonator

Crew page
Link to the crew page on Yoweb.

The Monarch's Oath

Go down

The Monarch's Oath Empty The Monarch's Oath

Post  Pishkirlin Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:23 am

Whereas by the law and ancient usage of this Realm, the Monarchs thereof have taken a solemn oath, to maintain the statutes, laws, and customs of the said Realm, and all the people and inhabitants thereof, in their spiritual and civil rights and properties: but forasmuch as the oath itself on such occasion administered, hath heretofore been framed in doubtful words and expressions, with relation to ancient laws and constitutions at this time unknown: to the end therefore that one uniform oath may be in all times to come taken by the Kings and Queens of this Realm, may it please your Majesty that it may be enacted:

II. And be it enacted by the King's most excellent majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and the Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, That the oath herein mentioned, and hereafter expressed, shall and may be administered to his Most Excellent Majesty King Pishkirlin (whom God long preserve) in the presence of all persons that shall be then and there present at the solemnizing thereof, by Her Royal Highness Safebet, Princess of Ascalon, or by a member elect of the peerage or either of them, or any other Royal of this Realm, whom the King's majesty shall thereunto appoint, and who shall be hereby thereunto respectively authorized; which oath followeth, and shall be administered in this manner; that is to say,

III. The Royal personage or peer shall say, "Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the people of this Kingdom of Ascalon, and the dominions thereto belonging, according to the statutes in Parliament agreed on, and the laws and customs of the same?"
The King shall say, "I solemnly promise so to do."
The Royal or Peer, "Will you to your power cause law and justice in mercy to be executed in all your judgements?"
The King , "I will."
After this, the King laying his hand upon the Book of Ascalon, shall say,
King, "The things which I have here before promised, I will perform and keep: So help me Saint George."
Then the King shall kiss the book.

IV. And be it enacted, That the said oath shall be in like manner administered to every King or Queen, who shall succeed to the imperial crown of this Realm, at their respective coronations, by one of the Royals or Peers of this Realm of Ascalon, for the time being, to be thereunto appointed by such King or Queen respectively, and in the presence of all persons that shall be attending, assisting, or otherwise present at such their respective coronations; any law, statute, or usage to the contrary notwithstanding.
Pishkirlin
Pishkirlin

Crew: : Knights of Saint George

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum